It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to Saddam???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
With all the scandals (Iraqi Prison Abuse), and the Nick Berg video on everyones lips, whatever happened to Public Enemy #1?

He was supposedly linked to Al Queda and the WTC attacks. So why then, aren't we getting updates on the progress with the interrogation of Saddam?

We are the only nation in the world with a foreign leader in captivity. That, in itself, should keep Saddam in the headlines.

If he was 'in the know' on the WTC attacks, then we should be getting closer to the other forgotten perp, Osama Bin Laden. Saddam should be a wealth of information.
Are we acting on that information?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
On the radio this morning, the BBC news said that he is still in Iraq, and will be handed over in January to the Iraqi authorities, where he will be tried for war crimes.

As for why we don't hear anything, I have no idea. It could be to protect the case against him, or perhaps he's not saying much.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
We hear nothing of him, he is no use to the spin mahcine now. He will just rot in some hole somewhere.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am confused about Saddam.

First his wife says "he is not Saddam, but one of his doubles." Now she is in a tizzy because they won't give him the right to see his attorney.

The next thing you know we are going to see a bunny rabbit saying "I am late, I am late," bouncing around this story. I am sure you haven't heard the last of it.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
according to very little coverage on saddam since his capture, he is supposedly not cooperating or sharing any information on the elusive WMD's or Al-Qaeda and Bin Laden connection. Yesterday, an Iraqi official said he would be turned over to them before the June 30th transfer of power. The US then denied that claim, because according to the Geneva Convention a prisoner has to be turned over to a sovereign nation and Iraq will not be one until after June 30th.

new topics

top topics

join