It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You've Been Left Behind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think the only conspiracy here is to separate gullible, well-meaning people from their money, but it's a conspiracy nonetheless.

This website promises to send emails to your lost loved ones six days after the rapture to help persuade them to become believers before it's too late.

The website does promise to reduce the annual subscription price as the number of subscribers grows and indeed the price quoted in the introductory material is $40 per year, but currently the subscription rate is $14.50.

How will the system know when to send out the emails? Well, there are four couples who are believers and who need to sign in every day to keep the system from sending out the emails. They are scattered about the country to prevent some mundane natural disaster from wiping them all out and there's also a back-up couple who can sign in just in case.

If no one signs in for three days, the system will wait three more days and then send out messages to your loved ones who've been left behind.

Oh, well! I'm getting a headache just writing about it.

You can read about it yourself here. Read the FAQ.

www.youvebeenleftbehind.com...

I don't believe in making light of the religious beliefs of others, but in this case I think that some healthy skepticism is in order to help others avoid a half-baked scheme.

So, does anyone here think this is a good idea?

[edit on 2009/8/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
To be honest, I cannot believe that you, of all people, bothered to make this thread.

The 'youvebeenleftbehind' website is hilarious. But a scam, none the less. Preying on the religious must be fun.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

may be he runs it?

Anyways, yeah..... religion..... thats old and lame.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Something tells me that if and when the Rapture occurs, there won't be very many people missing.

Check out the Armor of God pajamas you can buy for your kids.

[edit on 8/16/2009 by chiron613]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
To be honest, I cannot believe that you, of all people, bothered to make this thread.

Why not?

This is a socio-religious phenomenon that involves at least the appearance of conspiracy.

Certainly, believers and non-believers alike can weigh in on this.

After all, there is a secular version of the same idea.

www.mylastemail.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Preying on the religious must be fun.

You might ask Jim Bakker about that.

en.wikipedia.org...

He's back at it.

www.jimbakkershow.com...

Although, he's renounced his previous prosperity theology.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.amazon.com...

top topics

join