It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media blames UFO as Big Lake Dissapears Overnight in Chile

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Personally I think it was something completely natural. But did the media pick this up and turn it into a gimmick (as mentioned above)? I haven't seen any evidence to support that there was a UFO behind this. Where is the lake exactly? They mentioned it's a "no name" lake. Coincidence? I'm sure there are a lot out there with no name, but how convenient is it that a UFO chose one of them? Not to mention, I have to pay for water, and my sales tax went up. What about them? Not fair.

"It takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen." -Homer J. Simpson

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
A big tanker UFO came down and pumped out all the water.
That would be too slow.
A way the force water into an ether force field might be possible.
Then one would see no container for the water and the water
would be stolen for the testing of force.
A lot of USOs might be involved.
Some new testing besides crop circles and cattle beam deaths and
now lake taking testing.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
What would make them say UFO?

Lol perhaps they are a tourist site-wannabe or something crazy is really happening.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

It happens other places too. A few years ago in Russia, for example. news.bbc.co.uk...

You so-called "skeptics" who refuses to understand that extraordinary events occur for less than mundane reasons could stfu now and again. You're just annoying and nothing less. You need to open up your minds and look at things without fear. You're only seeing a miniscule portion of your 3D world.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

It happens other places too. A few years ago in Russia, for example. news.bbc.co.uk...

You so-called "skeptics" who refuses to understand that extraordinary events occur for less than mundane reasons could stfu now and again. You're just annoying and nothing less. You need to open up your minds and look at things without fear. You're only seeing a miniscule portion of your 3D world.

What does STFU mean?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

No witnesses has came forward to describe any crafts. The news report video appears to be sensationalism with aliens thrown in. How credible can a UFO report be if there are no direct witnesses to support the facts? We must remain skeptical, to do otherwise would be intellectually dishonest.

The Op mentioned eyewitness reports but I didn't see any. If anyone has the reports please post them.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by platoslab]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

CosmicEgg:

On the previous page, I said:

.....I suggest if people in the media are blaming UFO's (i.e. extraterrestrials) for this, then those particular people in the media are knowingly perpetrating a hoax.

I conclude this for 2 reasons:

1. There is absolutley no evidence to support this claim

2. They know it will sell a few more newspapers & magazines & get a few more hits on their websites, all of which will please their advertisers.

All in all, this is another dim day for people who would like to see this "UFO" issue taken seriously.

I have now figured out that STFU means S##T T#E F##K UP.

Do you mean that I should S##T T#E F##K UP?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

No, not you, dear. If there are witnesses to an event who state clearly and plainly that they saw this with their own two eyes (or even just one, in such cases), then their word should not be discounted. I have thrice in my lifetime till now seen UFOs and it is somewhat annoying to be told that it was just "a weather balloon" or some such. My children and I have experiences frequently with ghosts, etc., so being told by those who deny for the sake of denial really tend to irritate me. If someone is red-green colorblind, should the rest of us allow them to dictate that red and green don't exist?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Sam60

No, not you, dear. If there are witnesses to an event who state clearly and plainly that they saw this with their own two eyes (or even just one, in such cases), then their word should not be discounted. I have thrice in my lifetime till now seen UFOs and it is somewhat annoying to be told that it was just "a weather balloon" or some such. My children and I have experiences frequently with ghosts, etc., so being told by those who deny for the sake of denial really tend to irritate me. If someone is red-green colorblind, should the rest of us allow them to dictate that red and green don't exist?

OK...... no worries

I thought I might be in for a bit of a grilling

Cheers
Sam60

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun
I would say there is a natural reason for this and what we have is the usual thing where a bunch of uneducated people attribute something to UFO's simply because they are unable to understand it.

Yeah totally natural, a lake just evaporating....oh wait...over night with the ice bergs still there.....

and uneducated people just SO happened to automatically point towards UNKNOWN FLYING OBJECTS.

hmm.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Sam60

Since there was a 6.2 magnitude earthquake, I believe they could have seen earth lights which could be described as a "UFO" as I mentioned here www.abovetopsecret.com..., they are lights in the sky, so why not? They are also a natural though little understood phenomena, and that earthquake also could explain the water draining.

So it's not hard to imagine that if someone sees lights in the sky and the lake disappears that they might think the lights had something to do with it, when in fact the reality is that both the lights and the draining of the lake could have both resulted from the earthquake as naturally occurring events, though rare.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun
I would say there is a natural reason for this and what we have is the usual thing where a bunch of uneducated people attribute something to UFO's simply because they are unable to understand it.

Indeed. Just like we used to blame Gods for things we didn't understand.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It is fair to say ETs get thirty too.
I am not joking.
It could be that simple.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by dirtydogman]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It would be very unlikely for a UfO to suck out water. Imagine the mass of that water. To lift it up, the energy wasted on it would not be compensated by the energy water contains in itself if applicable. Water would be a very weak propellant for any kind of engine. The only thing it could be used,would be drinking water. To absorb such a huge amounts of water for drinking you probably would need a mothership a size of a new york full with small little green men. And that is very unlikely. Besides if such an activity was going on, US Keyhole class satellites would definitely pick it up and intensively film it. aprobability taht it was sucked up by a UFO- 1%. probability that due to plate shifts in earth the water seeped through a crack- 80%.

[edit on 08.15.09 by Advancedboy]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Uhm, by the way- witnesses are unreliable. Rule number 1!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Isolated glacial lake. Ice dam broke and water drained. Not exactly rare either. Happens here now and again. No people around to see it since its in the middle of a glacier field. The earthquake sounds like a reasonable cause for an ice dam to break. I thought US media was bad.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Isolated glacial lake. Ice dam broke and water drained. Not exactly rare either. Happens here now and again. No people around to see it since its in the middle of a glacier field. The earthquake sounds like a reasonable cause for an ice dam to break. I thought US media was bad.

I think you should get your facts straight.

It was a UFO.

It happens all the time.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This apparently happened in June 2007 for the record. Here is an actual link to an article about the disappearance from the BBC News. No mention of aliens or unusual UFO activity at all. In fact, the geologists quoted reference the likelihood of an earthquake fissure causing the drainage. They also mention that this area has been undergoing many changes due to geological activity and that the disappeared lake didn't even exist 30 years ago. Granted, not as exciting to ponder over wishfully as the version with aliens and super water sucking UFO's - but there ya have the facts.

Lake disappears suddenly in Chile

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
No matter what the "civilized" world sees with their own eyes, they will only see what they believe. And since most people only want to believe what their feeble hands can touch, they will live their whole lives seeing nothing but the grass in front of their porch.

All you do, is look at the headline, do a little reading, and come up with armchair theory suitable for you to be able to go to bed tonight.

Catch 22 really. We are suckers easily fooled and hard headed fools easily pacified.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I think you should get your facts straight.

It was a UFO.

It happens all the time.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Sam60]

Get your facts straight? If that was the case we wouldn't be having this discussion...because there would be no question, only facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join