It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went Fishing Yesterday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is going to be a quickie here guys, as I am on my way out the door, but I took my son fishing yesterday at a spot on the French Broad River in Asheville near the Asheville Reigonal Airport and all through the afternoon, there was a huge amount of military aircraft landing there. Several of the odd looking helicopters with the forward bent props, and several prop cargo planes with what looked to be an airforce logo on them. It's not unhread of, but kind of rare especially in that amount.
Didn't think much of it until I got back to the house and then my wife said that one of the local high schools, where my kids go to school, had reported that their entire JV football team had contracted swine flu. There was an article on CNN about two weeks ago about the military gearing up for 'mass quarantines' in case of a major outbreak, it sent a few chills up my spine seeing all that hardware flying into a small town here. Crazy stuff.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

T. Keep us updated as to the military/flu situation.

But more importantly; how was the fishin?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
that is odd,

as requested above please keep us up to date.

[edit on 8/15/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Personally I think someone is up to No good. I’m expecting a huge Swine flu break out Killing Hundreds of thousands in the Winter to come. A few months back they were already talking about increase in cases in Winter. And then the post that’s on the front page of this web-site-

Link: www.mailonsunday.co.uk... a.html

Its just a matter of them “flicking the switch”

Recently Northern Command asked for the senate to approve 400,000 U.S troops to operate within the U.S for “state of emergencies. We seem so geared up for one, I’m sure we going to have one soon.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by SharkBait]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

wow thats nuts, the woman in that story, Hilary Wilkinson, about halfway down the page, lives about 4 miles away from me, i know her family, didn't know about that though. Not often I see local stuff on here, lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The fishing was great. The catching was another story though lol.
The helicopters looked like those Osprey thingswith the tilting prop, they weren't in formation but they were very low and were comming in and landing in fairly regular intervals, I saw four of them but am pretty sure we heard more than that. The prop planes might have been C130's but I'm not a reliable judge of the type of aircraft, the only markings we could make out on them was the star and circle thing on the undersides of the wings which I assume is air force(?). I was hoping one of our members who was more military saavy could explain the traffic, perhaps a unit is being redeployed or something innoculous, but it was pretty wild stuff for a small reigonal airport with no mention of it in the local media.

Here's a link to the local ABC affiliate's story on our local 'epidemic'...

Source
11 Football Players Get Sick, School Officials Worry Its H1N1

School officials have suspended football practice for the Erwin High School JV team. 11 players are sick, five of those players have flu-like symptoms and administrators worry its the H1N1 virus.

Erwin athletic director, David Ball, says an Erwin varsity player was said to have the H1N1 virus earlier this week. That player, Ball says, dresses on the JV side of the locker room and that's how the players were exposed.

If they aren't sure it's swine flu, why even associate it? I've taken enough classes in Public Speaking and Debate to recognise the tactics employed here, which begs the question why are they pushing this so hard?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
So we just started School here in Georgia last Monday. I kept my son from summer camps this year because of it, and the swine flu ran through them all. Then, at the end of the first week of school, both him and I come down with *something*. Not sure yet, because it happened Friday. But it's flu-like.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

That is interesting. I wonder why the military is being called in for quarantines though. Wouldn't the police be enough?

Have there been any reports of other countries utilizing their militaries for Swine Flu outbreak quarantines as well? I ask because, yesterday, in the early evening, my wife and I were walking to a Chinese take-out place here in our town in Germany to get some dinner and I heard a ton of rumbling in the sky. I looked up, couldn't see anything, but beyond a shadow of a doubt, many fighter jets flew over us, through the clouds. [I know what fighter jets sound like when they fly over because a couple usually fly over a week.] That coupled with the OPs story and that many Germans are bringing the Swine Flu back with them as they're returning from vacations kinda perks my interests.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they all came down with mono. Or something else common. But man, that's weird though op. You say they brought in ospreys? Did they show up first and the rest later? Some kinda rapid deployment bio unit,

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
here is a link to rsoe edis - epidemic monitoring system www.idemc.org... which shows the united states in in a pandamic state w/confirmed infections and we are now at level 6. nothing here where i live. my sister is a respiratory therapist and keeps track. this was not happening a week ago when my sister and i visited this site. pretty scary. no wonder the military is gearing up!

twitchy, i looked at this map just yesterday and it did not have the presence of even a pandemic as it shows today. something is up. i started a thread on this map.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by musselwhite]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Just wait until this all plays out - it is going to be CRAZY once the flu mutates beyond anything we can even imagine.

As far as the military - remember the movie I AM LEGEND? - that kind of military presence is going to be needed once it is discovered that when the flu mutates that there is no cure - no vaccine - nothing to stop you from dying. They will wave a scanner at you and if you are clear you can pass - if you fail the test - you stay in the compound to die - the military will really be needed to keep that chaos in check.

Dorian Soran
The Good Doctor

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
no this concept is scarying me, i know someone in the UK RAF so i shall have a word with them see if anything is happening here.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
take a look at this map www.abovetopsecret.com... or follow this link here www.idemc.org... something is amiss! this was not what i saw yesterday! we are at level 6

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Erwin JV? Supposedly, one person was thought to have had it, but it was never confirmed and a few others had a fever that never developed into anything. A friend's son plays on that team. Just alot of speculation that caused a bit of panic and some precaution, which doesn't hurt. Heck, they had I believe two players at Mars Hill that had it, and thought a couple from TC that had been to a soccer camp had it too, but I never heard any more about them.

The Asheville airport has alot of military flying in and out and you probably don't notice it much unless you are right near there. They do alot of refueling and stuff with the local National Guard. I work right under a flight path and see them all day most days and have for a very long time. The other half is ex-army. Nothing to worry much about.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

reported that their entire JV football

Since anybody with half a brain could tell this was complete paranoid and ignorant bs, how did it turn out?? If anybody bothered to post something refferencing common sense, reason and reality to you when you posted this thread they would have been blasted.

Well, it's been a couple of years. did your world end? Did the paranoia you were experiencing come true? Did anyone die on the entire JV football team from swine flu (which is total bs by the way).

This, and hundreds of other threads, should be required reading by anybody that thinks they are "onto something" and wants to post crap that is 100% false. I love visiting threads that are a few years old and laughing about how the lack of common sense, reason and logic make us collectively look like a bunch of idiotic fools. I wonder why the ops and those that signed on to the op's paranoia in threads like this never seem to come back and mention that...ah...er......nothing happened and that they didn't know their butts from a hole in the ground? No wait, they never do that, they just run to another thread and freak out about it, never to revisit their own ignorance.

Those too stupid to heed history are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
reply to post by twitchy

reported that their entire JV football

Since anybody with half a brain could tell this was complete paranoid and ignorant bs, how did it turn out?? If anybody bothered to post something refferencing common sense, reason and reality to you when you posted this thread they would have been blasted.

Well, it's been a couple of years. did your world end? Did the paranoia you were experiencing come true? Did anyone die on the entire JV football team from swine flu (which is total bs by the way).

This, and hundreds of other threads, should be required reading by anybody that thinks they are "onto something" and wants to post crap that is 100% false. I love visiting threads that are a few years old and laughing about how the lack of common sense, reason and logic make us collectively look like a bunch of idiotic fools. I wonder why the ops and those that signed on to the op's paranoia in threads like this never seem to come back and mention that...ah...er......nothing happened and that they didn't know their butts from a hole in the ground? No wait, they never do that, they just run to another thread and freak out about it, never to revisit their own ignorance.

Those too stupid to heed history are doomed to repeat it.

Yeah, I feel really awful about reporting an unusually large mass movement of troops and military equipment into a reigonal airport. The swine flu outbreak within the local JV team was reported in the local news, Asheville Citizen, if you just can't wrap your mind around that but it actually happened or do you suppose the local media here was succombed to and experiencing the same 'paranoia'?

Oh yeah, here's a link...
NC: Erwin postpones JV football over swine flu The links gone, but if you're real clever, and it sounds like you are, you can probably find it with this...

Erwin holds up JV football over flu
Asheville Citizen - Times - Asheville, N.C.
Author: Andrew Pearson
Date: Aug 15, 2009
Start Page: A.1
Section: News
Text Word Count: 292
Hoping to avert a possible outbreak of the swine flu, Erwin has postponed junior-varsity football practice until Aug. 24.
At least eight of the team’s players were experiencing flu-like symptoms, Buncombe County Schools spokeswoman Jan Blunt said.
Only one varsity player at Erwin has gotten sick, but that case has not yet been confirmed as the H1N1 virus.
Both teams at Erwin share the same fieldhouse and typically practice at the same times.
"This is a good thing to me, not a bad thing,” Warriors junior varsity coach Patrick Bohanon said.
“We’re erring on the side of caution and doing the best thing for the program. I do hate it as far as preparing the kids for their season, but their health is the most important thing."
The Buncombe County Health Center does not advise schools to suspend practices or games due to the swine flu, Erwin made the decision on its own.
The Warriors’ junior-varsity season does not play a game until Aug. 27 (at Owen). The varsity team opens up Friday at Pisgah.

And hey, whaddya know, there really was an article on CNN just like I said there was...

CNN
Military planning for possible H1N1 outbreak
July 29, 2009
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The U.S. military wants to establish regional teams of military personnel to assist civilian authorities in the event of a significant outbreak of the H1N1 virus this fall, according to Defense Department officials.
The proposal is awaiting final approval from Defense Secretary Robert Gates.
The officials would not be identified because the proposal from U.S. Northern Command's Gen. Victor Renuart has not been approved by the secretary.
The plan calls for military task forces to work in conjunction with the Federal Emergency Management Agency. There is no final decision on how the military effort would be manned, but one source said it would likely include personnel from all branches of the military....It has yet to be determined how many troops would be needed and whether they would come from the active duty or the National Guard and Reserve forces.
Civilian authorities would lead any relief efforts in the event of a major outbreak, the official said. The military, as they would for a natural disaster or other significant emergency situation, could provide support and fulfill any tasks that civilian authorities could not, such as air transport or testing of large numbers of viral samples from infected patients.
As a first step, Gates is being asked to sign a so-called "execution order" that would authorize the military to begin to conduct the detailed planning to execute the proposed plan. Orders to deploy actual forces would be reviewed later, depending on how much of a health threat the flu poses this fall, the officials said.

You do know the Posse Commitatus was suspended under H.R. 5122, or the John Warner Defense Authorization Act in 2007 right? Do you want me to look up the flight manifests from AVL as well, or shall we stop there and I will just look forwards to your future evaluations of my material here on ATS, it could use a bump. Thanks for your Diagnosis as well, I'm sure your qualified to judge my mental health based on something you read on a forum. But if you genuinely "love visiting old threads and laughing at them", perhaps some introspection would be of benefit. Now Dr., do you want to tell me where I suggested anyone died from the swine flu here or disprove the unusually large troop movements through Asheville Reigonal Airport on 8-14-2009, or should I expect an apology from you?

Well there is a minor correction, only eight of the JV team were experiencing Symptoms, is that enough of a revisit to suit you?

Originally posted by MainLineThis
make us collectively look like a bunch of idiotic fools...

Us? Collectively? I think you're using the wrong pronouns unless you're just into generalizations, but if I'm lumped into any sort of demographic or group with you, I'm guessing we're not going to get along. Unless of course that's you're motivation for digging this thread up years later for your mudslinging and psychobabble. Perhaps you're right, all threads should be held to your standards, bloody dangerous, the lot of them to read without your "Hey I'm a Jerk" goggles on to filter out other's dangerously paranoid speculations.

Edit:
Oh yeah, mainlinethis... now I remember, you're the guy that posted that angry libelous crap on my profile that had to be deleted after I added you to my foe list. I sure am glad I remembered who you were, I thought maybe I had added you by mistake lol. Do yourself a Favor...
edit on 19-7-2011 by twitchy because:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

top topics

join