It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Unseen Video of 1st Plane Hitting the World Trade Center Caught on tape.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I know. This whole 9/11 story is like the fable of "The Emperor's New Clothes", or like one of those old silent films where large numbers of people in the audience can see "Oil Can Harry" hiding behind the curtains but the dumb hero doesn't notice him until "Harry" hits him over the head with a turkey drumstick and runs out the door dragging a screaming "Pearl Pureheart" with him.

It's a farce that everybody can see through.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Oh come on you guys. This is old footage. True that it is uncommon though. I'm sure SPreston and Craig Ranke know all about it.

If I recall correctly, the thump is caused because when F11 hit the North tower, it momentarily disrupted the live feed, because the antenna on top of WTC 1 carried the signals of most major networks.

The North Tower stood 1,368 feet (417 m) tall and featured a telecommunications antenna or mast that was added at the top of the roof in 1978 and stood 360 feet (110 m) tall. With the 360-foot-tall antenna/mast, the highest point of the North Tower reached 1,728 ft (527 m).

The 110th floor of 1 World Trade Center (the North Tower) housed commercial and public service radio & television transmission equipment. The roof of 1 WTC contained a vast array of transmission antennas including the 360 ft (approx 110m) center antenna mast rebuilt in 1999 by Dielectric Inc. to accommodate DTV. The center mast contained the television signals for almost all NYC television broadcasters: WCBS-TV 2, WNBC-TV 4, WNYW 5, WABC-TV 7, WWOR-TV 9 Secaucus, WPIX 11, WNET 13 Newark, WPXN-TV 31 and WNJU 47. It also had four NYC FM broadcasters: WPAT-FM 93.1, WNYC 93.9, WKCR 89.9, and WKTU 103.5. Access to the roof was controlled from the WTC Operations Control Center (OCC) located in the B1 level of 2 WTC.

en.wikipedia.org...

As Advisor mentioned above, the impact occurred first, and the delay in audio is about right for the considerable distance. I personally do not believe that thump is the explosion, due to these reasons. I'd like to, but I just don't. I believe the thump is the impact disruption of the live feed through the antenna on the roof.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Very good post TA, glad you're on it.

BUT, this instance shows how we accidentally, in these forae, start arguing about things when it is sometimes just a misunderstanding/misinterpretation.

TA, I think you brought, again, a very good refutation of the September Clues baloney video made by "Simon Shack". ( I think it was he. ) The allegation that there was an intentional "fade to black" from news chopper footages, and whatnot. In fact, it was as you described.

The OP in this instance is showing a videotape, however, I believe. So I think we have two different animals here.

So far, as to the videotape, I think we've established that it recorded the sound of the approaching airplane, those sounds came through the air, of course. The sound waves of the impact could have been transmitted through the ground, and arrived to the camera sooner than the sound via the air. OR, someone kicked the camera as it sat on the ground.

Either way, it doesn't seem to be a smoking gun of pre-explosions.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
To bad that we don't see the plain hit on the first video. You can clearly see that the camera jumps while you hear the plain is still traveling towards the Building.

The camera wouldn't jump before the crash but almost at the same time or just a fraction of time after the impact. How fast would depend on the distance from the impact. And on the first movie they are quite far away. I don't even think the crash would move the camera at all.

The reason no one noticed the thump in the ground could be because of the distraction of noise that the plain made.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You can clearly see that the camera jumps while you hear the plain [sic] is still traveling towards the Building.

Watch again. You will note that the sound has a delay, as mentioned. Sound waves travel faster in denser media.

At sea level sound travels approximately 1/5th mile every second. When you watch a lightning storm you can estimate how far away each flash is by counting the seconds until you hear it. Example here, if the airplane passes ovehead at about 1,000 feet, the sound will be behind it (to your ears) by about ONE second. Human perceptions can be faulty, until you examine the physics.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

What ADVISOR said:

you can see it then feel it before hearing it.

Doesn't really add up here. Since the vibration would have to travel down the entire building then toward the people, where the sound would only have to travel outward. The vibration has an extra distance, the distance of the building downward ( A very, very tall building btw).

Also there are enough video's of the South Tower being hit without this type of thing happening.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by talisman]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
The Thump in the first video is interesting. It could be as mentioned just someone bumping the camera. Judging by the shadow of the camera on the ground, it doesn't look like it is bumped.

I agree 100% with this.

And the video goes bad for a moment too. What would cause that?

The news anchor said that the crew was live, maybe just transmitting a signal get things synched up or whatever with the news station?

If this is true, then that might explain it. The plane hits the tower, and momentarily disrupts the signal since IIRC, 1 had all the antennas, and I would presume that the news crew was using that.

A second later, the sound arrives.

At any rate, the Naudet shot has nothing on it at all, just a single boom from the plane strike. So whatever happened with THIS camera, wasn't repeated on the Naudet film, since they were taping, and not transmitting.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted by ipsedixit

I know. This whole 9/11 story is like the fable of "The Emperor's New Clothes", or like one of those old silent films where large numbers of people in the audience can see "Oil Can Harry" hiding behind the curtains but the dumb hero doesn't notice him until "Harry" hits him over the head with a turkey drumstick and runs out the door dragging a screaming "Pearl Pureheart" with him.

It's a farce that everybody can see through.

Everybody except those wearing the emperor's special glasses.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1969dbdb93a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I have studied 9/11 and others such as OK City Bombing,Columbine to name a few.However,how would the windows of the lobby be blown out if there wasn't some sort of explosion? They can clearly be seen in the Naudet film and many other pictures on the internet.Forgive me if this has been discussed before,but i'm just curious.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I am not convinced with that.....in the telecomm industry they have what is referred to as loops.....once the signal is recieved by the antenna the signal is carried in both directions, via fiber optic cables throughout NYC (do your math on the speed of radio waves and light)....so there really could not be a "momentary disruption" as stated. If the antennas on the tower were affected by this, other antennas would carry the feed.....they do have more than one. Also, the crew was not broadcasting live, they were filming live. So, this was not a live feed....it was a live recording.
Just my 2 cents.........

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gw326

Simple answer, they don't.....only clear reason, a lower explosion. Otherwise, all the windows would be blown out.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gw326

Jet fuel pouring down the elevator shafts ignited into a fireball which
blew out at the lobby and basement levels from the elevator doors

Firefighter John Morabito of ladder 10, which is just 200 yards from the north tower.
“Just inside the front entrance, Morabito found two victims of the fireball. A man, already dead, was pushed against a wall, his clothes gone, his eyeglasses blackened, his tongue lying on the floor next to him. The other was a woman, with no clothes, her hair burned off, her eyes sealed.

“The woman, she sat up. I’m yelling to her, ‘Don’t worry, we’re going to help you,’” Morabito said. “She sat up and was trying to talk, but her throat had closed up. She died right there.” www.fdnytenhouse.com...

Dave Bobbitt, Port Authority Operations
"It was quite hectic, and we did what we could to stay in contact with the elevator passengers while helping to direct other people out of the building and direct firemen to the stairs and the elevators," Bobbitt remarked. "When entering the North Tower, we saw the marble on the walls was severely cracked, and Riccardelli told everyone to stay back from the walls. Don (Parente) noticed that the doors of elevators number 6 and 7 had been blown out." –Courage Above and Beyond the Call of Duty: A Report of the September 11, 2001 Experiences of Port Authority Engineers at the World Trade Center

Lobby & 3rd floor: Firefighter Peter Blaich
As we got to the third floor of the B stairway, we forced open an elevator door which was burnt on all three sides. The only thing that was remaining was the hoistway door. And inside the elevator were about I didn’t recognize them initially, but a guy from 1 Truck said oh my God, those are people. They were pretty incinerated. And I remember the overpowering smell of kerosene. That’s when Lieutenant Foti said oh, that’s the jet fuel. I remember it smelled like if you’re camping and you drop a kerosene lamp.

The same thing happened to the elevators in the main lobby. They were basically blown out. I do’nt recall if I actually saw people in there. What got me initially in the lobby was that as soon as we went in, all the windows were blown out, and there were one or two burning cars outside. And there were burn victims on the street there, walking around. We walked through this giant blown-out window into the lobby.

There was a lady there screaming that she didn’t know how she got burnt. She was just in the lobby and then next thing she knew she was on fire. She was burnt bad. And somebody came over with a fire extinguisher and was putting water on her.

That’s the first thing that got me. That and in front of one of the big elevator banks in the lobby was a desk and I definitely made out one of the corpses to be a security guard because he had a security label on his jacket. I’m assuming that maybe he was at a table still in a chair and almost completely incinerated, charred all over his body, definitely dead. And you could make out like a security tag on his jacket. And I remember seeing the table was melted, but he was still fused in the chair and that elevator bank was melted, so I imagine the jet fuel must have blown right down the elevator shaft and I guess caught the security guard at a table, I guess at some type of checkpoint. www.firehouse.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
Jet fuel pouring down the elevator shafts ignited into a fireball which
blew out at the lobby and basement levels from the elevator doors

I haven't really taken the trouble to look at the plans of the building in detail, but I thought that only certain freight elevators actually ran from top to bottom of the building, leaving open the possibility of jet fuel in them but eliminating it from the public elevators that might show up in the lobby.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

There were 3 elevators which ran from basement to top floors (actually
106 floor) - 2 passenger elevator ran to 106 floor (Windows on World
restuarant North Tower, Observation deck on South) and 1 freight
elevator . The shafts ran the entire length of building and provided
access way for jet fuel to flow from impact point in North Tower
(94-98 floors) to the basement levels

There were two express elevators (#6 and #7) to Windows on the World (and related conference rooms and banquet facilities) in WTC 1 and two to the observation deck in WTC 2. There were five local elevators in each building: three that brought people from the subterranean levels to the lobby, one that ran between floors 106 and 110, and one that ran between floors 43 and 44, serving the cafeteria from the skylobby. All elevators had been upgraded to incorporate firefighter emergency operation requirements.

In addition to the passenger elevators, there were seven freight elevators in each tower; most served a particular zone, while Car 50 served every floor.
* Car #5: B1-5, 6, 9-40, 44
* Car #6: B1-5, 44, 75, 77-107 wtc.nist.gov... (PDF pg. 72)

Diagram of shaftways

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

E can you be a little more specific, I have never been able to fully understand exactly how it happened. To be precise, was it like a fuel air explosion, generating high over pressures and high heat. Or was it the raw fuel falling to thru the tower catching fire as it fell.

Also, how exactly does it blow out the entire lobby, not only killing people but incinerating people. Then this massive explosion continues on down to the sub basement levels and does (from what were told) massive damage down there, likely killing more people.

To do this kind of damage you would have to believe it was a FAE type of explosion.

You would also have to believe that it must have made a enormous "boom" to create this kind of damage. Once in the lobby, and once in the basement, right?

One more thing, if all of this fuel is moving horizontally at 500 some mph, with the debris ahead of it. How does a large enough amount that, what, fell then aerosolized and then ignited down a 1100 or 1200 shaft finally blow out the lobby and basement?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The "bump" is just the mic getting knocked. They're not actually filming at the time and the cameraman is probably moving around and messing with stuff and he knocks it. It's really pretty obvious

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
The "bump" is just the mic getting knocked. They're not actually filming at the time and the cameraman is probably moving around and messing with stuff and he knocks it. It's really pretty obvious

But the camera's shadow is on the ground. Not saying it isn't what your saying, but just keeping an open mind here.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
reply to post by CaptainAmerica2012

Plane hits building (event 1) Plane fuel aspirates and then spontaneously combusts (event 2). Two separate events. Pretty simple.

Nope that cant be right because after the first sound you can still hear the jet flying. Also if it was a blast-wave wouldn't it have to travel down the building first then through the ground. So like Advisor said the delay is very close. I bet traveling down the building first wold negate that delay.

Who knows?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
@hooper

Plane hits building (event 1) Plane fuel aspirates and then spontaneously combusts (event 2). Two separate events. Pretty simple.

Atomized particle explosions (Gas Air mixture combustion) do not create a blast wave of any appreciable strength.

Also, the Fuel would have ignited at the same moment as impact, not a whole second later... it would have been one continuous event.

@_BoneZ_

The "thud" in the first video right before the crash is something bumping the camera. That's obvious by the sound and lack of reaction by anybody walking by. Anyone who has an old VHS cam corder can test this by putting in a tape, pressing record and bumping into it.

If you watch the tape again, you will see the shadow of the camera... nothing (and nobody) contacted it.

-Edrick

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Edrick]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
@hooper

Atomized particle explosions (Gas Air mixture combustion) do not create a blast wave of any appreciable strength.

Also, the Fuel would have ignited at the same moment as impact, not a whole second later... it would have been one continuous event.

If you watch the tape again, you will see the shadow of the camera... nothing (and nobody) contacted it.

-Edrick

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Edrick]

Are the debunkers still trying to find Alice in Wonderland Logic to kill threads?

I live near a mine. That that I exactly what an underground blast sounds like.

The impact of the plane could not have traveled with enough force to shake a camera miles away.

This thread was to prove what hundreds of eyewitnesses heard and saw. BOOM! in the ground and subway then they saw the plane hit.

THere were explosions before and during the attack.

When the 2nd plane hit, the 1st towere also suffered more demolition charges. The plane crash was used as a diversion for detonating the internal explosives set upon the core column.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by CaptainAmerica2012]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join