It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Pyramid Shafts Being Explored Now.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hawass is merely doing what you would do under the same circumstances, being put in the same situation. Consider him to be in the same company as the US president and other world leaders as the front line defense of reality(what is really going on, here on Earth).

We think they have reached the top, but they find them selves at the bottom. They have to do what they are ordered to do.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by answers
I don't see such important discoveries as belonging to one nation, their antiques are of humanity and it is very wrong for one man to have such control over them.

So...if China takes an interest in the burgeoning democratic movement, and decides that its masses are entitled to originals of the Declaration of Independence and...oh, the Magna Carta, they have the right to grab them?

Just askin'....

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hawass may seem to portray a 'dignified' approach to 'Egypt's this-that-and-the-other...

but truth be known he's a profiteer that will - like he has done in the past - research the most profitable method of disclosure.

Basically it's a three ring circus with your histories in tow.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If these videos of the robot inspection have not been posted yet, here they
are :

www.youtube.com... (in German)

www.youtube.com... 1/2

www.youtube.com... 2/2

The German version by the engineer Gantenbrink has the better quality.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

So...if China takes an interest in the burgeoning democratic movement, and decides that its masses are entitled to originals of the Declaration of Independence and...oh, the Magna Carta, they have the right to grab them?

Where I doubt that these documents could be considered truly historical, since they belong to such a young nation, I understand where you are going, though. I probably would have used examples of Indigenous American artifacts, though many people are ignorant enough to say that they should be on display for all to see against the will of the protective societies for theses as well.

It is my belief that no culture should be forced to share its historical information with another, though I do believe that in order for us to understand the past cultures of the world it should be encouraged. To know ones past helps to understand ones present and helps them to prepare for the future.

At the same time I also understand the parts where some are apposed to sharing their history, some believe it is a violation of the rights of the dead (very understandable), some believe outsiders of their culture will not fully understand the history and may misrepresent their history, others might be afraid of theft of historical items that are borrowed for use in museums, and these are only a few of the good reasons for not sharing their history.

As you can see I am torn, because as someone who loves information about past cultures and societies, I also would hate for information to be mistakenly misrepresented, stolen or even lost, due to the sharing of such information.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by answers

I don't see such important discoveries as belonging to one nation, their antiques are of humanity and it is very wrong for one man to have such control over them.

This goes for the British Museum curator responsible for the STOLEN Greek antiquities (the Parthenon Marbles) as well? Or is he, being British, ENTITLED to present other peoples' heritage and benefit by it without asking for permission? And don't even go back and say "but lord Elgin ASKED before butchering the Parthenon" - WHO did he ask?? Those that didn't build the Parthenon? Those whose culture was so "removed" from the one that did build the Parthenon? Those who, in later days (1910 and onwards) have made only one significant addition to the world's "heritage"; genocides (Armenians, Pontic Greeks, Kurds!)?

Yes, I am mad! There is not the slightest "reason" other than greed at this point for the Parthenon Marbles to not be where they belong! If Hawass can "strip" all museums outside Egypt of their Egyptian antiquities (that were stolen or not expressly GIVEN by Egyptian authorities) I hope he does. And then, if our "enlightened" government has a pea of a brain, they SHOULD call on him to do the same for Greek antiquities - if he wants to

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Maegnas]

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Just thought I would drop by and post the repsonse I got from Shaun Whitehead today re: Dejedi....

I'm a little disappointed to say the least! I was convinced they had already gone through the second plug stone....

Hello Peter

Thanks for your interest in the Djedi project. I can understand your frustration! The rather unglamorous truth is that the project has only ever been a part-time one for us; it has no funding or particular support from the SCA, so we have worked on a best-efforts basis up to May 2010, and could generally only visit Egypt during the university vacations. We have all the tools and instruments to look beyond both blocking stones in each shaft. Unfortunately, as we were preparing to return, the problems began in Egypt. Along with all other missions, we had to resubmit our application. We did, around 15 months ago, and we have since been assured that we can go back "when things settle down".

We have not penetrated the second blocking stone, it is not even clear that it is safe or sensible to do so. Almost all of our findings were published in the formal report in ASAE. This is the right way to do things, unlike missions who reported on findings in the media and never published anything properly.

I am currently working on my own interpretation of the Djedi story as well as the history and significance of the shafts. When this is complete it will again be published in the proper way.

I'm afraid that I can't add anything more but I hope this has at least answered a large part of your question.

Regards

Shaun Whitehead

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

I have to revive this ancient thread because I believe it is important we know what the purpose of the shafts were. It seems to me we are at a point in history where an "average Joe" could sneak in a robot capable of further surveying the shafts and possibly even drilling past the 2nd layer.

I read that similar copper handles were found on other artifacts such as tombs which historians believe were used for lifting or pulling. I believe these "panels" or doors were at one point pulled (likely by rope) to their current positions. Perhaps the handles were purposefully broken off with a stern yank of the ropes...sealing the doors into place?

I refuse to believe any civilization at any time in history would dedicate so much time and use so much precision on to useless shafts. I also do not believe the theory of the shafts used to guide a spirit to the heavens as it's fairly obvious these were precision flat walled shafts with complex geometry and some type of mechanism.

To simply pass these features off as a spiritual tool or to say we will never know, its to only cheat ourselves out of what could be the most significant discovery in history.

I can't imagine how any so-called archaeologist could be happy with stopping at the 2nd layer.

I hope someone keeps up the search and the secrets of the shafts are discovered in my lifetime.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
My theory: The shafts were used to send cats down into the pyramid to clean out mice and other critters that could chew up a mummy. When they were done with one level, the cats would be brought back up and that level would be sealed off, and so it would go. That's why the shafts are never so vertical that a cat couldn't climb up and down them.

MEOW!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
My theory: The shafts were used to send cats down into the pyramid to clean out mice and other critters that could chew up a mummy. When they were done with one level, the cats would be brought back up and that level would be sealed off, and so it would go. That's why the shafts are never so vertical that a cat couldn't climb up and down them.

MEOW!

The shafts are blocked by little doors, so it would have been impossible for kitties to get in there.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I am currently studying the Pyramids and have discovered a few things that may be relevant to this discussion. The blocks were for cables or wires that ran from a metal capstone that collected positive IONS from the natural outside air/atmosphere. The cables were run into the Queen's chamber for the purpose of Hydrolysis. the Hydrogen is a very light gas and travels up to the king's room through the grand gallery. Oxygen being a heavy gas traveled down and out the main door. the water that was created fed the system for separation of the molecules. The Kings chamber there was another tank for Hydrolysis and this one had been turned off. There is a shaft on in the south wall that had the "shut off" ball. this ball would travel the length of the shaft through 3 different shaped vent tubing to prevent "bounce" and be shot out at the Hydrolysis tank to shut it down in case of emergency. The corner of the tank is missing at the exact point where the ball would strike it. So, the design shows the purpose of it and the different components show the functionality and an almost set it and forget it scenario comes into play. How many pyramids are missing the cap stones? All of them. Every record says Gold. So, if all the capstones were to collect the ions, then every one of them used electricity in some manner. outside limestone coating was like plaster of Paris in consistency when applied which Showes that electrolysis was most likely used to melt it for use and would also be used to form the majority of the big blocks with only the main parts withing the structure as natural stones. surely not all the pyramids were used for electrolysis, but all had power. At first, I thought the king's room was strictly for the burning of the Hydrogen and may yet have been for that but the tank and shut off has me puzzled. If you were burning Hydrogen then why a tank and just what purpose would it serve, unless creating another element? if you were combining the Hydrogen and Oxygen to create pure water and remove salt, desalinization. However fresh water is readily available and no so salt water. There would have to be a reason to build such a structure and some of the byproducts may be the key as to why. Concrete, water purification, and Heat among the reasons to build this structure. The Location of the chambers and the size of the blocks are for maximum safety and designed to "Contain", not protect from outside.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck It would seem that they bought from Obama 7 trillion dollars' worth of American land... HOw do you suppose they feel about democrats who are activly working to give them that land?

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamey
I am currently studying the Pyramids and have discovered a few things that may be relevant to this discussion. The blocks were for cables or wires that ran from a metal capstone that collected positive IONS from the natural outside air/atmosphere. The cables were run into the Queen's chamber for the purpose of Hydrolysis. the Hydrogen is a very light gas and travels up to the king's room through the grand gallery. Oxygen being a heavy gas traveled down and out the main door. the water that was created fed the system for separation of the molecules. The Kings chamber there was another tank for Hydrolysis and this one had been turned off. There is a shaft on in the south wall that had the "shut off" ball. this ball would travel the length of the shaft through 3 different shaped vent tubing to prevent "bounce" and be shot out at the Hydrolysis tank to shut it down in case of emergency. The corner of the tank is missing at the exact point where the ball would strike it. So, the design shows the purpose of it and the different components show the functionality and an almost set it and forget it scenario comes into play. How many pyramids are missing the cap stones? All of them. Every record says Gold. So, if all the capstones were to collect the ions, then every one of them used electricity in some manner. outside limestone coating was like plaster of Paris in consistency when applied which Showes that electrolysis was most likely used to melt it for use and would also be used to form the majority of the big blocks with only the main parts withing the structure as natural stones. surely not all the pyramids were used for electrolysis, but all had power. At first, I thought the king's room was strictly for the burning of the Hydrogen and may yet have been for that but the tank and shut off has me puzzled. If you were burning Hydrogen then why a tank and just what purpose would it serve, unless creating another element? if you were combining the Hydrogen and Oxygen to create pure water and remove salt, desalinization. However fresh water is readily available and no so salt water. There would have to be a reason to build such a structure and some of the byproducts may be the key as to why. Concrete, water purification, and Heat among the reasons to build this structure. The Location of the chambers and the size of the blocks are for maximum safety and designed to "Contain", not protect from outside.

So, what is Khafre's pyramid for then? Over building is excessive plus why build it so far away from Memphis the capital?

edit on 29/11/22 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
they might not have understood what they found but they didn't build it. The mud-brick Lahun -- or El-Lahun -- pyramid was first discovered by British archaeologist William Petrie in 1889 in Fayoum, about 60 miles southwest of Cairo. In 2009, archaeologists discovered a cache of pharaonic-era mummies in brightly-colored, painted wooden coffins. When they found them empty and thought them temples and great tombs and they tried to copy them. It didn't work so they claimed them as their own construction. Just because a homeless man finds a van and moves in doesn't make it a house.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

they might not have understood what they found but they didn't build it. The mud-brick Lahun -- or El-Lahun -- pyramid was first discovered by British archaeologist William Petrie in 1889 in Fayoum, about 60 miles southwest of Cairo. In 2009, archaeologists discovered a cache of pharaonic-era mummies in brightly-colored, painted wooden coffins. When they found them empty and thought them temples and great tombs and they tried to copy them. It didn't work so they claimed them as their own construction. Just because a homeless man finds a van and moves in doesn't make it a house.

Unfortunately for that old debunked theory the graffiti inside the relieving chambers shows that AE work gangs were there and thought Khufu was their leader. The Goyon-Grinsell's mark on the outer stones, that and the two rounds of RC dating placing the construction at the time the AE were the only civ in the area. Additionally the odd fact that their is no archaeological evidence for 'x' civilization in the Nile valley other than the non-monument building Naqada and earlier cultures. Can you point to the evidence for who you think built the Giza pyramids?

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Good explanation for the "air shafts" here.

Harte

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Or they as have happened multiple times moved mummies to other locations...

<< 6  7  8   >>

join