It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Pyramid Shafts Being Explored Now.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The great, late Edgar Casey said they would find the knowledge of the world under the left paw on the great sphinx.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Star and Flag.
Good thread, man.
Thanks for briniging this to our attention. I'll be anxiously awaiting further news!
I'm kinda' confused about this, though. I thought Hawass 'already knew EVERYTHING about the Giza Complex.'
Heck, I figured he had simply moved on to a 'keeper of knowledge' position in those regards.

But still yet, this is good news.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
EEEEEEE Im giddy.
Ok now Im calm.
The likelyhood of Kufhus burial chambers being intact is minimal.
Local thieves pretty much worked out how to break and enter nearly all tombs>
King Tut and Akhenaton were kinda wiped from history after the Priests took back control so their tombs were elusive.

The sand chambers are just a pyramid building tecnhique called blocking, less work and architecturally sound.
No hidden motive.

By Ramses beard, I hope they find at least his sarcophogus and some glyphs, the gold I dont care for...then I will twirl and dance with much fervour infront of the mega battery club.

If there is an Atlantean control room down there, well I shall l humbly apologise, and be excited too.....

Your background on Hawass isnt off topic at all, He is retiring and plans on going out with a bang, and this will be it...

"In this coming December, I’m promising all of you that the secrets of the pyramid will be revealed for the first time." In the meantime, I'll return to the drawing board to do some suggestions for the 'snake robot'.

heritage-key.com...

[edit on 15-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Something else that interested me on the 'Angels of Mars' video was the scrape marks along the inner walls of the shaft leading up to the block.

There was one on each side and on the "roof" of the shaft.

Weird. Unless the robot did that I don't understand how they would have gotten there like that.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
S&F! Finally he has to retire! Now we will probably start to see some really good stuff that was kept from everyone before. Nice find!

Don't get your hopes up. I'm sure it will be similar to the electing of a new president. A honeymoon period, then...well we all know how that goes.

I'm no Epytologist but I've always had the feeling that there are more rooms in the pyramids that are undiscovered. It just seems odd that they built these huge structures to only build relatively small rooms.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I don't know about anyone else but I myself have suggested the GP could serve as a capicitor. This doesn't mean I believe it IS one, just that it could be.

Considering it is one of the most mysterious buildings on the planet, I would say that anyone like Hawass who claims to have absolute knowledge of it is a fool.

Call me a skeptic. I'll go whichever way the evidence takes me. Problem is, I have seen little from Hawass. Terms like "pyramidiots" and phrases like "There is NOTHING NEW to be found at Giza. We already know EVERYTHING" just bite me the wrong way I suppose.
However, if we find a mummy in there somewhere I'll be just as thrilled as if we find a manual describing to build anti-grav... or whatever.

I don't understand why everything has to be lumped into opposing categories that fight one against another with ad hominem tactics.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

JR
was a comment made in cheekiness, hopefully that is clear, and certainly not directed at you.

I welcome all thought processes regarding understanding an ancient culture and its technologies, myths, religions, foods, agricultural, hunting etc, I am also entitled to disagree with assumptions made by people reagrding them, happens in the archaeological world ALL THE TIME
Archaeologists dont agree either, nor is there a worldwide conspiracy between arcaheologits to hide human history, we got into it to uncover our past, not to join a enourmous conspiracy...anyways...

I actually read yours and other members posts on the limestone caves and possible conductivity of the pyramids, and I found it interesting, but I require alot more to think it plausable, but hey thats just me.

Cheers Mate

[edit on 15-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I am making a prediction. As a professional designer by education and trade, I have studied tons of art based upon various civilizations. When you look at art pieces correctly, you can tell what an artist or society was thinking. If I am correct in my assessment, there are only a few logical conclusions.

(1) These ducts lead to other chambers.
(2) These ducts each contain a single item, which originally symbolized the king and queen. It was personal.
(3) See below:

According to our knowledge based upon the construction of the Great Pyramids, the main pyramid was surrounded with flat white sandstone. Now, in order to keep the outer stone in place, I am wondering if they built a support system. As each side was lowered onto the pyramid, they guided the supports through the ducts. Since the original sandstone was weak, it cracked away over time. Even though the outer shell broke away, the supports would be protected from long exposure to weather. They would be preserved. What about the small doors? In order to prevent rubble from getting into the pyramid chambers, while sliding the sandstone onto the pyramids, they would first guide a small block down the duct. Similar to a plug system. Since there are two black pieces of string on the doors, they were once attached to a longer string and lowered from above. If you look at the film provided in the first set of posts, you will notice that there are grooves on the inner walls. Something was slid from above not below.

One of the logistics behind design is: "Form follows function."

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I was wondering if anyone could answer this question.
Can radar of whatever sort penetrate the pyramids?

Radar will not work, neither will sonar or cosmic rays, or X rays or even exotic particles. (which can pass through anything).

The reason, is that the whole pyramid is built from fairly loose fitting stones with irregular air spaces in between. While the visible casing stones fit together extremely well, the hidden bulk of the pyramid is not so well put together.

The idea of radar or sonar is that some of the signal is reflected whenever the density of the medium through which the signal passes changes. So you can readily detect objects in air or water, or with a bit more difficulty, objects buried in the ground.

But in a huge pile of loosely fitting rocks there are so many irregular air/rock interfaces, that the signal becomes reflected and confused to the point that detecting any significant structure within is just not possible.

Like trying to locate a single small air bubble hidden within a large piece of foam rubber.

It could only work if the pyramid were made of some solid homogeneous material like solid concrete. Then you may have a slight chance of locating chambers or tunnels by transmitting "something" through the structure. Many people have already tried all sorts of different ideas, but nothing so far has worked.

The most useful tool so far has been ground penetrating radar. This works pretty well in "solid" sand outside and around the pyramid. But it has proved completely useless within the loosely packed pyramid structure itself.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Another great thread, thank you all.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

I see what you're saying, but I don't quite follow, if you follow.

I think you are right about them being plugs. I think that when the blocks are opened, you will see a larger shaft on the other side. Just like a plug.

That being said, I don't see how the grooves got on the INSIDE of the shaft, as lowering a plug would require support from the OUTSIDE.

But I like your thinking. And I'm just speculating. So...who knows?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I happen to be working at a place where they are holding some of the things he is protecting. I have seen him walk through the building with an entuourage(sp) I happen to be standing in the middle of the biggest room in this building, and here he comes. I totaly respect who he is and what he is trying to do. It was kinda of an WOW moment. I do have to say though, he is shorter in person.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Prediction by Edgar Cayce:

Major archeological discoveries concerning human origins will be found

Cayce predicted that there will be three profound archeological discoveries of a very ancient and important nature that will revolutionalize the way we understand human origins, cosmology and religion. Cayce stated that this will occur when humanity reaches a higher level of spirituality. The three repositories mentioned are in Egypt (near the Great Pyramid), the Bimini area (where the possible portion of Atlantis has already been discovered), and the Yucatan (the location where the asteroid that killed off the dinosaurs).

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
excellent post S&F!

i wait eagerly for updates!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Personally i believe nothing(officially) will become of this....

Not to sound cynical, but it has to be remembered that nothing has ever been found inside the Great Pyramids of Giza....no mummies, no gold,no hyroglyphs, not even any inkling as to who built them and certainly not a
Pharaohs tomb...and therefore nothing to carbon date....heck,

They(the PTB ie. Archaeologists) have decided that the pyramids are approximately 4500 years old, yet cannot substansiate this approximate date...

When the other robot passed through the tunnels and came to the doorway(from memory)they found a wooden staff or stick.Being organic it could have been carbon dated...officially the stick remained behind, never to be retrieved..

The point is the stick had to have been left there since the pyramids were built as the tunnel ran uphill not downand the tunnel , unlike some of the other tunnels at the complex,does not reach the external walls of the pyramid...
If we were to carbon date the stick we would get, for the first time ever, an accurate date for the age of this most marvellous construction...

....and thats the problem....

There is a very large body of evidence to show that the pyramids are at least 9500 years old, something Hawass is not at all keen to accept....

WHY??

...because this date pre dates Egyptian civilisation and means we have to throw out the window the Ancient History of Egypt and all its claims to being the Cradle of Civilisation...

Methinks nothing will come of this...just like Gantenbrink's robot brought us nothing more than more Q's back in 1993....

Khufu/Cheops Pyramid ??
Hawass knows full well there is no evidence of them even being from that period...no beautiful friezes or stunning artworks...empty!!

As August Tornquist states: "The Great Pyramid was the greatest single undertaking in the whole history of mankind. And yet there is not one picture or drawing, not one artefact, not one inventory or tally sheet to tell of its construction. The Egyptians left us some 3000 years of written and pictorial history covering virtually everything that happened in their culture. From babies being born, to ploughing and harvesting, building, weaving, sacrificing, praying, embalming... but nothing about the Pyramids of Giza. Why?"

Clearly they were just as confused as we all are about them, but seeing as they were discovered in what is today called Egypt, well, "we'll claim them as our own".....

I have nothing but contempt for Hawass, who has chosen to hide from public view the real truth as to the pyramids origins...the oldest artificial artifact on earth....disgraceful...!!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to

Hawass is fairly convinced that they are doors. I've just found a very interesting article from his diary. He believes that Khufu is buried within the pyramid and that *maybe* the tomb is behind one of these doors...

That would mean findng four tombs could be a possibility.
Are they really sure it's 54 feet from the small door to the outer pyramid blocks?

You could house a great number of things in a chamber with a width of 54 feet. I wonder what the height and length could be.

If they find a tomb in the great pyramid at the end of one of the shafts then that means the other two pyramids also have hidden chambers. Suppose when a Pharaoh dies he is put in the pyramid as it is being built. Put him in a spot where no one would suspect.

Added comment about possible occupant of hidden tomb.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by lostinspace]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well I have to say its about time they are going after this again. I remember several years ago watching a show broadcast live about the first robot UPUAUT going in the shaft and finding a small door but the show ended with a to be continued deal. It just went away and I never heard anything more about it until now. I hope they find something amazing in there. The only question is will Hawass and everybody else involved broadcast the findings if they truly discover something worthwhile.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Pardon me for lowering the bar from a Smithsonian level discussion to a Weekly World News level. I am almost embarrassed to ask but...In addition to Cayce, and now the near death experience of the wheel chair bound obese woman, I have heard other predictions of "secrets" hidden beneath the Sphinx.

Is there any news on further research being done near the Sphinx? Or is everything focused on the GP?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I believe the pyramids are a marker for the evolution of climate on earth. They are surrounded by desert and sand in a place that was once lush, green and teeming with life. They could be there for us to see where climate change began and in doing so, help us (or others) know what the future may hold.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I believe the pyramids are a marker for the evolution of climate on earth. They are surrounded by desert and sand in a place that was once lush, green and teeming with life. They could be there for us to see where climate change began and in doing so, help us (or others) know what the future may hold.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join