It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Warns of False Prophecy and Vague Predictions and Dates.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

So you see what I am saying now? It lags for sure. So as I said before, I think a Bible prophecy is about to be fulfilled very soon. Hopefully not.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I know that Jesus said these things before his ascension.

So I have a few questions:

1. Does Jesus the ascended Christ who is said to be the creator of all things still not know the day or the hour? I suspect He does, otherwise we can throw out a lot of scripture concerning Christ.

2. What about the parable of the fig tree in Mathew?

Scholars have said for many years that this parable is clearly about a revived Israeli nation living once again in their Holy Land. The parable says that the generation that sees this new branch of Israel sprout and put forth leaves (grow) will not pass away until all is fulfilled.

So if we begin from 1947 or 1948 when Israel became this new branch and put forth leaves, it only leaves us with a few more years before that generation is all gone. 2012 is 64 years after 1948.

64 years....64 hexagrams in the I Ching used to create timewave zero!

Now that's interesting.

So how many years does the Bible say a generation is? 70? 80? 90?

No man knows the day or the hour, but Jesus admonished us to read the signs of the times and he gave them to us for the purpose of knowing the time of his return.

What say ye?

[edit on 1/10/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Are you willing to bet you soul on it PLUCKY THAT THIS IS AN ACCURATE PREDECTION.......

Imagin how many predictions there would be if something heavy was put on the line before predicting like in the ancient days 1 may have been called a DEVIL OR DEMON FOR RUFFELING THE FEATHERS OF THE MANY TRIBES. just asking PLUCKY NO MEAN STUFF.

[edit on 10/1/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

"you soul"? I do have soul yes. But I am not willing to bet a cheese sandwich that the world will end on October 26th. I can hope and pray and wish for it (as I do everyday) but just because I want it doesn't make it true. (Remember, I am ATS' resident fresh doom girl, all things that are fresh doom go through me.) As far as fluffing feathers or whatever, I don't get what you are talking about....

I must agree with your cheese sandwich bet and raise it with a grilled reuben.

The bible teaches the "END" is actually the "END" of man's governance and the estabishment of Christ's Kingdom on earth that will last for 1000 years, at which time a new heaven and earth will be created.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think the Bible says 80 years is now a generation like a life time of todays people on average, so we could be speaking of 2020ish time if that is the prediction then you minus - 7 tribuation years which means 2013 is the start of the end.

Or 2027 if you add 1947 + 80 years and then minus - 7 which is 2020 when the end starts. We can make guesses all day and all year but it is at least somewhere to start counting down to.

2012 + 7 = 2019.

'But also if you add the missing 30 years from God's calanda - (Long story) then you could say it is the year 2057 in which it all comes to a conclution.

That gives enough time for the world to over populate, globally melt, rebuild Babylon Iraq into a financial empire and rid of the knowledge of Christianity and introduced a mystery religion and have Sharia Law seperatist regions in democracy giving the free world a brittle foundation of faith and power.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You all forget the Father knows that day and hour. The Father could be among us right now as a human being.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

The Father is eternal and IS with us right now. That does not mean He will divulge wisdom that is kept secret in heaven. In fact, the giving of such wisdom was what got Adam and Eve cast out of the Garden of Righteousness and bound Azazel and his watchers to eternal justice.

Moreover, no one will know the date. It's as easy as that. Live each day as if it is your last because it very well could be. Do not be weary of signs and the passing of the time. Instead, be weary of your heart and whether it is faithful or not.

A2D

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I really do not care about about it, but there is a lot of people into the 2012 date and to be honest who has not thought about the end of the world and when? Better to live life than worry, so I agree with the last post.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This bible quote has a lot of themes that can be related to today's times too, but I added a little extra rather than quote the part about astrology and making predictions, which God says won't save you or are impossible to predict or he finds offensive in the methods they choose.

Isaiah 47
The Fall of Babylon

4 Our Redeemer—the LORD Almighty is his name—
is the Holy One of Israel.

5 "Sit in silence, go into darkness,
Daughter of the Babylonians;
no more will you be called
queen of kingdoms.

6 I was angry with my people
and desecrated my inheritance;
I gave them into your hand,
and you showed them no mercy.
Even on the aged
you laid a very heavy yoke.

7 You said, 'I will continue forever—
the eternal queen!'
But you did not consider these things
or reflect on what might happen.

8 "Now then, listen, you wanton creature,
lounging in your security
and saying to yourself,
'I am, and there is none besides me.
I will never be a widow
or suffer the loss of children.'

9 Both of these will overtake you
in a moment, on a single day:
loss of children and widowhood.
They will come upon you in full measure,
in spite of your many sorceries
and all your potent spells.

10 You have trusted in your wickedness
and have said, 'No one sees me.'
Your wisdom and knowledge mislead you
when you say to yourself,
'I am, and there is none besides me.'

11 Disaster will come upon you,
and you will not know how to conjure it away.
A calamity will fall upon you
that you cannot ward off with a ransom;
a catastrophe you cannot foresee
will suddenly come upon you.

12 "Keep on, then, with your magic spells
and with your many sorceries,
which you have labored at since childhood.
Perhaps you will succeed,
perhaps you will cause terror.

13 All the counsel you have received has only worn you out!
Let your astrologers come forward,
those stargazers who make predictions month by month,
let them save you from what is coming upon you.

14 Surely they are like stubble;
the fire will burn them up.
They cannot even save themselves
from the power of the flame.
Here are no coals to warm anyone;
here is no fire to sit by.

15 That is all they can do for you—
these you have labored with
and trafficked with since childhood.
Each of them goes on in his error;
there is not one that can save you.

Text

Anyway the message in the middle sounds to me like God is saying that even if your predictions are true it won't save you, belief in the Lord does.
Also making predictions may cause it to happen anyway through demonic influences to prove God wrong in the material world and lead them astray.
The Bible does say test the spirits if it looks suspicious or pagan or they are not from God.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I wrote this thread ages ago, I do like to say though it still holds some truths, again people write on ATS with great convicton they know when the next big earthquake or the world is going to end date, truth is that no one knows for sure and even the Bible keeps it secret, not even the Angels know but there are clues in Bible prophecy concerning what to expect in terms of signs.

People need to chillout on ATS because no one is special eough to know when the end is coming, there will be build ups but they are not the real deal.

People will see visions and dreams probably when tribulations starts, that could happen, but if they are proven false then don't worry so much chillout, have half a beer don't get drunk just feel happy and less stressed.

Matthew 24

The Day and Hour Unknown

36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

Text

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What I love are all the religious types who say, "Well, other people might be fooled, but NOT ME!" Hah! They have no clue that they are exactly the people the Bible refers to when they talk about all the people fooled by false prophesies and who follow folks like the Anti-Christ. Like they are so extra special and astute or holy that they are among the very few who can see the difference.

"Their crazy prophesies are false, but MY crazy prophecies are TRUE!"

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Bible prophecy is not just the book of Revelations, its about the Messiah too, it is about Israel and its part before the endtimes and the wars that will come against them with the cities countries and tribes named all written down. We know some are far future because it has not happened yet but the current climate of the last 110 years has shown coming signs.
There will be plagues earthquakes and famine but at what time period because they happen all the time, unless of course it means events that all happen across the world in a space of a few months and years, I guess there has to be supernatural events too to confirm it all.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You guys probably know about this anyway but here is what happens to people who think they can put dates on world changing events.
Did God speak to them directly like he spoke to Moses and the rest of the Prophets or are they guessing I mean not speaking into your head but directly?

Most likely a guess then.

End of Days in May? Believers enter final stretch

Exley is part of a movement of Christians loosely organized by radio broadcasts and websites, independent of churches and convinced by their reading of the Bible that the end of the world will begin on May 21, 2011.

To get the word out, they're using billboards and bus stop benches, traveling caravans of RVs and volunteers passing out pamphlets on street corners. Cities from Bridgeport, Conn., to Little Rock, Ark., now have billboards with the ominous message, and mission groups are traveling in countries from Latin America to Africa to spread the news outside the U.S.

"A lot of people might think, 'The end's coming, let's go party,'" said Exley, a veteran of two deployments in Iraq. "But we're commanded by God to warn people. I wish I could just be like everybody else, but it's so much better to know that when the end comes, you'll be safe."

Text

www.msnbc.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join