It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polio surge in Nigeria after vaccine virus mutates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Polio surge in Nigeria after vaccine virus mutates

news.yahoo.com

LONDON – Polio, the dreaded paralyzing disease stamped out in the industrialized world, is spreading in Nigeria. And health officials say in some cases, it's caused by the vaccine used to fight it.

In July, the World Health Organization issued a warning that this vaccine-spread virus might extend beyond Africa. So far, 124 Nigerian children have been paralyzed this year — about twice those afflicted in 2008.

The polio problem is just the latest challenge to global health authorities trying to convince wary citizens that vaccines can save them from dreaded disease.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Phlynx]

Mod edit:
The above link would not work for me, if you have the same problem, try this
LINK
or this
www.miamiherald.com...

[edit on 15-8-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 15-8-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What could happen if the sine flu vaccine does the same. If I'm not mistaken, the swine flu vaccine is a live virus.

"This year, the number of polio cases caused by the vaccine has doubled: 124 children have so far been paralyzed, compared to 62 in 2008, out of about 42 million children vaccinated. For every case of paralysis, there are hundreds of other children who don't develop symptoms, but pass on the disease."

When viruses start, they start out slow. It's like doubling each time. 1x2=2x2=4x2=8x2=16 etc. it gets bigger and bigger.

Polios back, we all should be afraid.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wow, why were they vaccinating against Polio if we eradicated the disease?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Wow, why were they vaccinating against Polio if we eradicated the disease?

Explain please

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The only disease eradicated worldwide is smallpox. Unfortunately the live virus is kept by certain countries. Since immunity to smallpox is no longer in force, if it was released back into the wild it would flare up again.

In certain countries, specific diseases were no longer thought to florish. In the US, TB and other diseases were thought to be well under control. In fact, it is the influx of foreigners that has caused the rise of many illnesses long thought to be tamed.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
God, think of whats going to happen when people get vaccinated for Swine Flu. This is horrible and im going to keep reminding as many people as I can about it. S&F

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
saddam hussien if i remember correctly got rid of polio in 7 years if i recall correctly ,

something any developed country has yet to do in same time span.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Any disease eradicated fron a country (Iraq) can always come back in. Smallpox was devistating worldwide so there was a worldwide war against it. Now that we have no immunity against it (vacines do not protect forever) it can be used against us. If combined with another virus (as swine flu has) then it can be disasterous.
It used to be that penicillin was the great destroyer but overused like all protection, the enemy has become immune to it. The more we fight diseases, the stronger they get.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
swine flu, the plague, polio,...

does anybody else think this could be the start of a biological war?

new topics

top topics

join