It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Physics lab hidden in Bolivia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
--I wasn't sure where to post this. Feel free to move it if this is not the appropriate forum--

In August of 2003 I went to Bolivia with my girlfriend of the time (now my wife). She has family there, and lived there for a time, I was going with her for a month to meet her family and do some exploring. I didn't get to visit the 'big' stuff in Bolivia (Tihaunacu) until our return trip in 2008 for our honeymoon, but I did get to see some less known ruins and cave paintings.

We noticed something strange at one of these ruins. The site in question is called El Fuerte de Samaipata which some people here may be familiar with (esp. the UFO crowd) as a pre-Incan fort in central Bolivia, the Andean foothills, that was subsequently taken over by the Incas and eventually the Spanish. This site is assumed to be a 'strategic fort' and a temple, etc. Essentially, like many pre-Inca ruins, they don't fully know the function of the ruins in ancient times or really who built them.

Anyway, this is not even about those ruins. It's about an odd sign we saw during the 5 kilometer walk from the small village of Samaipata (which at the time didn't even have a Wiki page...seems to be getting more attention now) which sits at the bottom of the mountain that the ruins are on top of. The path to the ruins are long and windind, and pretty much empty. The sign in book at the ruins had just a few names on it from that month. As of 2003 anyway, this was not a frequented site.

Probably 1/2 hour up the path, there was a narrow path branching off to the right going up the side of the mountain and disappearing. A white sign posted at the opening of this small side path had the words "Quantum Physics Laboratory" written in English. To this day we don't know why we didn't take a picture of the sign. Whenever we would talk about this trip we talked about that sign and how odd it was.

Fast forward 6 years, and I finally get my hands on Google Earth. I'm looking around at ruins we visited and we think 'hey, lets see if we can find that path on the way to El Fuerte!'. So we find the ruins and trace the path all the way down to the base by the village, and right where that side path would have been we found this odd tampering. In the image below, the wider grey road is the main road to the village, and the narrow dirt road winds all the way up to the ruins 3-5 KM up the mountain. The sign and path we saw would have been right in the area you see the paths oddly shifted and messed with in this Google image:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69bc5f36fb02.jpg[/atsimg]

This may be absolutely nothing, but we are 100% possitive we saw this sign. I know there are big labs in Chile and other places, but I haven't been able to find a single reference to anything like this in Bolivia.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Maybe since you and your wife have family there, you could get them to go investigate the site and take some pictures?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d71ababd041.jpg[/atsimg]

Very interesting! What a random sign to be in the middle of no where. It think the road not matching up has more to do with the "splicing" togeather of two aerial images. The above pic is a zoomed out version. The yellow line represents the area in your first pic. Notice the shade difference where two images were combined. If you follow that line you will see many other similar anomolies.

Hope this helps!
-E-

join