It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rejection Hotline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A young friend of mine shared a voice message from her phone with me this morning. I thought it was brilliant and hilarious.

But seriously. Are we socially devolving faster than ever? I mean do we really need a hotline to reject people instead of looking them straight in they eye and telling them exactly what we think? I'm sure its just for fun and I laughed my self half to death after hearing it, but what if some loony gets one and can't take a joke? Yikes.

Have fun! But be responsible, lives could be ruined.

Rejection Hotline

The dating scene is full of people who can't take a hint or can't take "no" for an answer (and many who apparently can't take showers, can't brush their teeth, or can't seem to go out in social settings without awkwardly embarrassing themselves).

The Rejection Hotline has existed since 2001 as a simple alternative to uncomfortable situations and it is a public service to both the rejector and to the rejectee!

Just remember, It could be worse. In case you don't need to reject someone, there are plenty of humor related hotline numbers to keep you occupied for hours.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

But seriously. Are we socially devolving faster than ever?

Yes? I think the fight has been wooped out of most US Americans. I am in shock that site is real? I believe it just from seeing People afraid to talk, or speak up, and out. I guess the lack of shouting out does kinda make People afraid of any kind of 'uncomfortable' situation.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's because even though we're more and more being programmed to be selfish in all facets of life (which serves to separate us and destroy community) we are also programmed to feel guilty about any decision we make on our own behalf.
We're isolated and neurotic as well.

Perfect enviroment for manipulation.

Or am I overthinking this?

[edit on 063131p://f51Monday by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by Hazelnut

But seriously. Are we socially devolving faster than ever?

Yes? I think the fight has been wooped out of most US Americans. I am in shock that site is real? I believe it just from seeing People afraid to talk, or speak up, and out. I guess the lack of shouting out does kinda make People afraid of any kind of 'uncomfortable' situation.

I'm always the one to tell you when you have something in your teeth, or you fly is open, or that your haircut doesn't flatter you. But I'm a really nice person, and I only do it because I would want someone to tell me if I were the one with the buttons done up wrong. By the same token, I would tell someone how I feel about them even if it hurts. I think its a matter of self-respect to be honest in all things. I hope no one seriously uses these hotline messages to reject someone. That would be so cowardly.

Sometimes the truth hurts, but lies are unforgiveable IMO.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I see what you see badgerprints. You're not overthinking it.

People should interact face-to-face occasionally if for no other reason than to brush up on our "people skills". The teens these days will sit right next to each other and never say a word out loud. Its all done by texting. Is that advancing the human race or devolving it?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It's funny. Aren't you overreacting? Did you REALLY make this topic to depate society or just to talk about the rejection hotline?

new topics

top topics

join