It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Tries to Tie Health Care Town Hall Protesters to Hate Groups

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Geez,
...if ABC had been around during the time of ths countrys' first and most historical Tea Party movement, most people here would probably be eating fish and chips.

I myself would be wearing a sombrero.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Seems like ABC will do anything to help their comrade out.

There are several troubling aspects to ABC’s relationship with the administration. Linda Douglass, a former ABC News journalist, is now communications director in the White House’s Office of Health Reform. The Washington Times recently reported that employees of ABC gave 80 times as much in contributions to Obama’s campaign ($124,421) as they did to his Republican opponent, McCain ($1,550). And a study released this month by the Business and Media Institute found that ABC News had aired stories with positive reviews of Obama’s health-care policy 55 times, while it featured just 18 negative stories on the subject.

renovomedia.com...

Amazing how white people are portrayed to be scared of Obama's color, yet they are the main reason Obama can call himself

President of the United States.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Geez,
...if ABC had been around during the time of ths countrys' first and most historical Tea Party movement, most people here would probably be eating fish and chips.

How so?
Please explain.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

You're kidding me right?

Early American patriots, taxes, Boston, tea, Brits,....
Need I go on?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
Those protesters at the Heath Care Town Hall meetings are misinformed lunatics who are puppets for Right to Life activist, racist gun toting revolutionaries and Religious fanatics. Do you really want these people running things?

They have read the bill. It's those in DC who are misinformed, as well as the people who support them without reading the bill. Racists? Why the race card? Why? And what is wrong with respecting the right to life? Are you pro death?

It's embarrassing when people are trying to have a rational discussion about heath care and these fools start spouting their ignorant rhetoric that is so off topic they would be banned in a heartbeat here for thread hijacking.

It's hard to have a rational discussion when the people have not read the bill and are only spounting "talking points" that the democrats have put together.

The bottom line is most of those protesters have good health care that won't be taken away so what the hell are they so riled up?

It is so obvious that you are one of those that have not read the bill. If you are going to argue a point, try boning up on it first.

Oh I get it, they are so worried that the black president will give basic heath care to all his black and Mexican friends, the reality is disenfranchised poor/middle class white Americans would benefit the most.

Once again, the race card. Can we PLEASE have one discussion without bringing up race?

They are shooting themselves in the foot.

Well, maybe Sarah Palin can change things for them

Funny you should bring up Palin. All the MSM and you on the left have slammed her about making up the "death panel". So, if she just made it up, then why have the democrats in the senate stated that they will remove the provision regarding this "fictitious" death panel?

You guys crack me up!

[edit on 14-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

How so?
Please explain.

Have you not seen how the tea party protesters were treated in the media? Did you miss when all the networks were calling them "teabaggers" and "racist rednecks"? How about when that DHS report came out on the same day the tea parties started?

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
Did you miss when all the networks were calling them "teabaggers"

Sure. The teabagging came to fore in the last election season, right? Or something like that. If I remember correctly, these teabaggers were right-wingers, right? So the network just states the obvious.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Sure. The teabagging came to fore in the last election season, right? Or something like that. If I remember correctly, these teabaggers were right-wingers, right? So the network just states the obvious.

huh? The tea party protests started on April 15th. This year. And it was a mix, non-partisan make-up.

Unless you listen to Keith Olbermann, then they are satanists, who kill puppies and kick turtles.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

No, he doesn't. Thats something people who don't actually listen to him say. You're just repeating what someone else told you.

Grassley repeated the warning about Gramma laying in the hospital bed with tubes in her and that the government shouldn't play a part in that. And that "You have every right to fear"... "a government program that determines whether you're gonna pull the plug on Gramma"... I heard him say it myself.

If you know anything about me, you know that I don't just repeat what other people tell me.

Palin most certainly did make it up. There's never been anything CLOSE to the government making ANY kind of decisions about end of life in that bill. And Palin's scheme worked. They dropped coverage of end of life counseling from the bill because of the illogical and ignorant hysteria about it.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Originally posted by buddhasystem

huh? The tea party protests started on April 15th. This year. And it was a mix, non-partisan make-up.

Unless you listen to Keith Olbermann, then they are satanists, who kill puppies and kick turtles.

I haven't listened to Keith in a while. Sorry I mixed the dates.

As for extremism, check this out:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I do believe it was not as bipartisan as you want it to represent.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Theree are going to be extremists on both sides. It's the larger groups that I'm concerned about.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
And to be fair, Bush's protesters came later in his term after he had actually DONE something, like started an unnecessary war that has gotten tens of thousands of people killed and the cost of which is approaching a trillion dollars.

Obama's protesters have been at it hot and heavy since before he was elected. And much of the protests are about stuff that isn't even real.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And to be fair, Bush's protesters came later in his term after he had actually DONE something, like started an unnecessary war that has gotten tens of thousands of people killed and the cost of which is approaching a trillion dollars.

Nope, sorry. More revisionist history BH. The MSM was attacking Bush everyday until he was elected and after that started "selected not elected". There were violent protests on his inauguration.

Notice the Bush=racist posters, before he even took office. Its also not as if Bush arbitrarily decided to go to war. We have a congress and there were many prominent Democrats pushing the same intelligence and rhetoric as Bush. Including Bill, Hillary and Al Gore. All people who magically escaped any criticism what so ever.

Obama's protesters have been at it hot and heavy since before he was elected. And much of the protests are about stuff that isn't even real.

More media drivel. You need to lay off the Olbermann.

As for extremism, check this out:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I do believe it was not as bipartisan as you want it to represent.

How are those any different from those found at Bush protests? The only difference is that the media has convinced you that its different when people protests against Democrats., Its fine to protest that way against Republicans, but somehow its different the other way around.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Nope, sorry.

I completely forgot about the "election". LOL But now I remember. And there are always protests on inauguration day. It's like having a cookout on the 4th. And they were covered by MSM. I'm not sure of your point... MSM tried to tie Anti-war protesters to terrorists.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I completely forgot about the "election". LOL But now I remember. And there are always protests on inauguration day. It's like having a cookout on the 4th. And they were covered by MSM. I'm not sure of your point... MSM tried to tie Anti-war protesters to terrorists.

You're just going to keep slinging poop until something stick eh? What MSM was tying anti-war protesters to terrorists? Please show me when NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN or MSNBC went after anti-war protesters. Where were these protests against Obama at his inauguration? I saw no such thing.

Way to derail the thread from the topic though. It seems that was your goal.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Also, Palin didn't make up anything. She may have been describing a worst case scenario, but her warning has forced politicians to say they're taking that provision out.

Actually, it's only the Senate bill that will drop that. It may or may not be in the final bill.

Way to derail the thread from the topic though. It seems that was your goal.

Hey, I'm not the one who took this thread off topic.
You brought up Bush and the last 8 years. You told me who I listen to who I don't, where I get my information and how I assimilate what I hear, even though, before today, I had never heard of you. You made this thread about me and about trying to prove something about something... I'm not really sure what. But I'm bored of your game.

You got a little spittle there on your chin.

But on topic, the only thing more outrageous than the media's spin that all of these town hall protests are being organized and motivated by hate groups is the Republicans' claims that they are just regular old Americans who are fed up with DC politics and demanding to be heard.

The truth is somewhere in the middle.

By the way Dick Armey has resigned.

Former House Majority Leader Dick Armey (R-Texas) is resigning from DLA Piper law firm amid a wave of negative attention his grassroots organization, Freedom Works, has drawn for helping to organize protesters at health care town hall meetings with members of Congress.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join