It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You wake up, and wonder...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You begin as a child entering adulthood, that everyone around you is incredibly unlike you, and you are not sure why...

You notice that your thoughts seem to be un-equal to those of almost everyone around you.

Welcome to the first life form that has consciousness.

Now this 'human' reproduces with the ones most equal to it, that it can reproduce with, obviously these animals only reproduce with like, and a human with a chipmunk, just wouldn't provide any results...

Now we go on, we start noticing that hey, we are not the only ones, we try to understand the other person, our hairy brothers and sister. We try to communicate, maybe draw a picture resembling something we see. Move our hands the first signs of a primitive sign language.

When we see a snake, and another doesn't we gesture, and the other quickly picks up on it. Instead of shouting matches, that don't get quite as far.

Now, we start we develop a very primitive language, not great.

We can understand we are alive, we can understand our own peril of death. We can think about ourselves in a whole new way, no other animal can. We are Aware.

Now what do we see. Remarkable.

Friends and family are dying from toothaches, the ground shakes and many are killed.

The sky turns black, and monsterous bolts of light flashes and fires are started, and community members are killed suffering a terrible death.

Your daughter was eaten to death by a savage beast.

You try to understand you're newfounded feelings of love, hate, despair. Aware of them, and able to think about them, and be creative.

You wonder how you came about, philosophy emerges later on but this is primitive.

You find some with painful growths ending in death. Others are mauled to death. Some die after being born, or are born dead. Teeth are terrible.

Birth defects. Germs were not know, a mysterious thing has caused your friend to die, what was it, we have no idea! Why did you friend die this painful death!

Quite a thought provoking idea! I can't even find myself being able to emerge myself into this timeline.

But I can imagine what these thought questions would lead to.

Welcome to the beginning of life.

Superstition emerges, PseudoScience runs rampant. And Answers are not sought. Other then ones that can be answered instantly.

Just imagine, put yourself in their hairy hobbit like feet, and wonder what it is like to be primitive man, the beginners.

The terror in seeing some of the diseases we today find non deadly in any way!

We're shadows are mistaken for robbers, and robbers are mistaken for shadows!

Life as we see it in our eyes. We're the youth have the internet. Is mistaken in account for thoughts.

The internet wasn't always here.

Newspapers weren't always here.

There was a time, were word of mouth, was to be taken fully. And to be trusted.

What your parents taught was the final truth, the (as I may say south parkly) Lifegivers. Where the ultimate to understanding. Respect your elders was greatly sought.

Now I do respect elders, but I don't respect lies. And lying elders, need no respect, just as though, Molesting Preachers that are elders should not be respected.

I can go on and on, but hopefully a few see this, and put themselves, in the shoes, of the first man, although he wore no shoes, and the ground was a very strange thing to try to understand.

Even as we did, we encountered, the Earth Is flat, and so on and so forth.

Millenia ago, a man sentenced the water to *I believe* 4,000 lashes for destroying a bridge or something. Gave lashes to the water.... this was ancient man.... understand this. Wonder.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Fear motivates the mind. The mind questions, looks for form and meaning. Form and meaning are found in nature, giving imagination growth to assuage fear.

In the beginning, man was sitting around the fire, looking at nature, trying to figure things out. Man had a lot of time on his hands at night, and only had the stars and the moon to watch. Man had enough time to notice the movement of planets, also.

Man found himself in a curious predicament. When he killed to eat, he hated to kill life to sustain his life. Something inside him made him avoid killing, but of course that remorse was dulled by more necessary killing to provide life for his family.

Man also found himself unable to have children if his wife was not able to have an issue of blood. Therefore, there could not be life, once again, without the issue of blood.

Man noticed that the moon had a face, and a cycle that followed this issue of blood in his wife. Man believed there was a universal power of life, and it was to sustain life. Man began to worship this power.

Man found himself in another query. He found that new life must live by feeding from the wife, and older life must live by feeding from the Earth. This was the beginning of the worship of the Earth and the universal power that gave life by the shedding of blood.

Man now had a reason to not fear. Man knew that the moon and the sky were consistent, so he established timers to help him feel safe. These timers were made in circles, of massive stones, to provide security.

Man believed in God.

God later sent His Son, for the shedding of His blood, to give all of us Eternal Life.

So it was, the first man was Adam. Adam was a virgin, who gave new life from his abdomen to Eve. Eve was told about God, but did not know God. Eve disobeyed God because she acted only on the word of faith from her husband. Therefore, disobedience came by a woman who was born of a virgin man. To undo this disobedience, a man would need to be born of a virgin woman, and then be obedient. His name was Jesus.

Jesus is represented to us by the Moon. He is of substance, and can be touched by Man. The Sun is an invisible gas, and represents the Father. The light from the Sun is reflected from the Moon and gives us light. "He who hath seen me hath seen the Father."

The stars represent the invisible nature of God known as the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit resides in each of us to varying degrees, hence the populated sky and the various intensities of the stars.

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" Romans 1:20

Look up. God is with you. Feel safe. Be blessed. Shine brightly.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I commence Rebutting this post, Without insult, this will be tough for those who know me.

In the beginning, man was sitting around the fire, looking at nature, trying to figure things out. Man had a lot of time on his hands at night, and only had the stars and the moon to watch. Man had enough time to notice the movement of planets, also.

Man wasn't really just sitting around a fire, fire was a tough thing? And I doubt adam was surrounded by others, this would disobey the laws you have given further on.

Man found himself in a curious predicament. When he killed to eat, he hated to kill life to sustain his life. Something inside him made him avoid killing, but of course that remorse was dulled by more necessary killing to provide life for his family.

This is like telling how a certain member you've never seen on earth feels or thinks. Which is wrong, you don't know how they felt about killing an animal, although it may of occured saying it is true, would be wrong. Killing and eating are good. Even in indians though they didn't waste, this is the arguement your proposing I suppose.

Man noticed that the moon had a face, and a cycle that followed this issue of blood in his wife. Man believed there was a universal power of life, and it was to sustain life. Man began to worship this power.

The moon had a face? Of course it was closer, but only a few inches, at best, a human length closer, at best. And blood was similar to the moon? Facts anything to support this? This is a bit out there, even for me on the beginning.

Man found himself in another query. He found that new life must live by feeding from the wife, and older life must live by feeding from the Earth. This was the beginning of the worship of the Earth and the universal power that gave life by the shedding of blood.

A little understandable after looking at it with a un bias mind, but only if taking away the bias from the poster.

Man now had a reason to not fear. Man knew that the moon and the sky were consistent, so he established timers to help him feel safe. These timers were made in circles, of massive stones, to provide security.

Man would not of know this, as orbits were ultimately changing. Even if seemingly so, the moon had elipses no? This would be quite bizarre. Eclipses would be scary!

Man believed in God.

Man conjured up a false belief in a protector.

God later sent His Son, for the shedding of His blood, to give all of us Eternal Life.

lol, at least 100,000 years later, then and only then does god send someone supposedly on both sides, send a son, although god having a son is bizarre itself, (judaicly speaking) then he decides to stop this fear and find a alternative route.

So it was, the first man was Adam. Adam was a virgin, who gave new life from his abdomen to Eve. Eve was told about God, but did not know God. Eve disobeyed God because she acted only on the word of faith from her husband. Therefore, disobedience came by a woman who was born of a virgin man. To undo this disobedience, a man would need to be born of a virgin woman, and then be obedient. His name was Jesus

Eve... adam, so previously, what about first man.... nevermind that then. yeah yeah yeah, all women are evil beings, and are only good for sex, and cooking, and should be kept out of logical thinking or important matters.

Do you honestly, deep down believe this at all. That a rib was taken from a non recorded being to create a woman, as this man was created from dust... but women must be from bones... urrrgh.

Why would he need to undo this? Really? If we are still being born into sin of sin and all about sin, was the crucifiction worthless, and what about all the thousands if not millions that have been crucified, and went under the same torture, what made jesus special, that he claimed to be a god...? Or a son of a god?

Jesus is represented to us by the Moon. He is of substance, and can be touched by Man. The Sun is an invisible gas, and represents the Father. The light from the Sun is reflected from the Moon and gives us light. "He who hath seen me hath seen the Father."

Just a little more nonsense, biblical misinterpretations have led sun to son, and rising and three days and such.... pseudoreligion! Never thought i'd see that.

The stars represent the invisible nature of God known as the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit resides in each of us to varying degrees, hence the populated sky and the various intensities of the stars.

Our god, is a wasteful god he reigns from heaven to earth. we've all heard the song. Heavens' to be the sky the stars. The stars are not gods nature. They are surprisingly obscure bombarding and destructive places. Destroyer of potential life that never will be,.

Look up. God is with you. Feel safe. Be blessed. Shine brightly.

I look up, and I see why god doesn't exist. I see that he cannot exist, only in theories can he, in no way proveable can he exist, life is not certainly not from a god!

I feel no safety in the judaic god! I do not feel blessed in yahweh. I shine bright in Atheism, I have done more good in respecting my one and only life, then I have in feeling that game over, is not really game over.

Busted, if you can rebuttal please, this was particularly fun. I wish no offense, It's good to hear a long, and nice response. Compared to the original. You suck responses.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I often contemplate things of this nature... in order to understand ourselves and where we are today, we have to think about how we evolved. I really think the truth is we haven't evolved as much as we think we have.

Sure, life has changed a great deal, our bodies have changed (I wonder when someone will be born without an appendix?), we have technology and that's helping us to better understand things (or be even more confused by things)... but really, emotionally and psychologically, I don't think we've evolved much.

Just the other day, I was talking to friends of mine (a couple) about their relationship problems... she's worried about him cheating, he doesn't know why she thinks he doesn't "do enough" for her... I tried to tell them how that's all from our caveman days so to speak, and we have to learn to be more rational to overcome some of those 'instincts'.

Sometimes when I'm driving, I can't help but think "Wow, giving cavemen machines to propel themselves around at high speeds, genius idea!" I think driving comes with responsibilities many people (of all ages) aren't ready for.

I'm just rambling here...

I think in general we've held on to alot of traits that we don't need so much anymore (although I can understand why, since we can't expect civilization to last forever), and we've also forgotten many of the things our ancestors may have actually had the right idea about, which we could now use our technology to expand upon.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine
we've also forgotten many of the things our ancestors may have actually had the right idea about, which we could now use our technology to expand upon.

This is something I tend to strongly agree with. Just because progress was made in the field of one theory or another doesn't mean it went in the right direction. "Primative" man's observational theories may be more right about some things than our own (this excludes any monster ate the sun and giant spider causes earthquakes musings).

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

I've felt the same thing about driving too.

Going 65, I wonder what others would of think, at a time going 35 mph would instantly kill you from crushing. or something i'm not quite sure, but that would've killed you. It was once believed not to long ago!

It may of been 25 mph. Not quite sure. but just imagine.

I am thinking arguing evolution and the exceptionally small things in life aren't worth arguement as they increase the belief in a god creating it, I think arguing the Size and Gargantious Universe would pose much more damage to the belief system. The universe is huge, and i should quit getting people to think about the small things, and get them to look at the large things, such as andromeda!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

The moon had a face? Of course it was closer, but only a few inches, at best, a human length closer, at best. And blood was similar to the moon? Facts anything to support this? This is a bit out there, even for me on the beginning.

Well, a woman's menstrual cycle (blood) is related to the moon cycles. It's speculative whether or not they are actually *supposed to* correspond with the moon directly... but yeah, a woman's menstrual cycle is typically 28-29 days, and I think it's about the same period of time from one 'new moon' to the next.

That's what he intended to mean I think, about the moon and blood.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

I don't know a whole lot about the bleeding cycles? Eh, never really much cared to understand though. Although a new fun fact for the day.

Lol, my f buddy has always tried to get me to learn this stuff, ha, i'll show her now!

You bleed almost accordingly to the moon! Ahah, maybe then she'll stop describing it constantly.... maybe.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I happen to have this laying around, ya know... so here's a visual for you...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79e9fbc9566f.gif[/atsimg]

Looking at that, if menstruation (bleeding) begins on Day 1, and let's say Day 1 is the Full Moon, then ovulation (most fertile time) would be around the New Moon.

Oh the marvel and mystery of being a woman...

Now, you may carry on with your philosophisizing.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine
reply to post by Republican08

I happen to have this laying around, ya know... so here's a visual for you...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79e9fbc9566f.gif[/atsimg]

Looking at that, if menstruation (bleeding) begins on Day 1, and let's say Day 1 is the Full Moon, then ovulation (most fertile time) would be around the New Moon.

Oh the marvel and mystery of being a woman...

Now, you may carry on with your philosophisizing.

LMAO. IM falling from laughter, just lying around.

Well this helps, lol, I'm sorry I should stop here, my laughter is contagious.

new topics

top topics

join