It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will be you�re reactions, if you found out the Bible where just a normal book�

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I know the Bible are real and not gust a normal book.

I belief in the Bible and GOD

But my thought was gust if the bible was gust a normal book what will be you�re reaction what will you do or say, if thy say tomorrow the bible is gust a normal book after all these years.
Or someone gust rote it years ago to be in control of human life.

Please this is gust a thought don�t want to make someone angry.

For me I won�t belief it, I will think someone is Triaging to do evil�

What is you're thought on this.

Honest answers please!!!

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by John bull 1]

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by vaswegpg]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well, I'm not Christian. I'm Wiccan. To me, it's just a normal book full of legends and laws from an ancient civilization. It didn't turn me into an amoral axe-murderer or anything else. It didn't shatter my world concept, and in fact, I have a better attitude toward people (I don't believe they're inherently evil.)

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Now, there was a British scifi/comedy show called Red Dwarf. In one of the episodes, a news service went on about how they had found a missing page to the Bible--"This book is dedicated to Cindy, with love." I about fell out of my seat, laughing!

Look, I may be a Christian, but the whole reason I believe is becuase it has stood up to my needs and questions. When it no longer does (not expecting this to happen, at least any time soon), I will move on to something else--probaby Buddhism, or maybe some Norse beliefs. The thing is, I see this world as it is screaming a God... something else will place it...

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think that the Bible is a collection of stories and legends/myths that have been absorbed from other, older, cultures. Of course people who have throughout time translated the book have put their own spin on it, and the people who first wrote these books wote them using THEIR words and THEIR interpretations of the events contained there in.
Every culture has it's own unique beliefs, and this book reflects the beliefs of an culture, the Jews, and the Christians, who had just started to sort of "break away" from their mainstream contemporaries.
I think that the ancient Jews and later the Christians used these stories and legends to define themselves as different from eveyone else.

new topics

top topics

join