It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spoiling for a Bush-Cheney Fight over tell all book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I sptted this just now I did a quick search and came up with nothing if it's been posted by another name"Which happens" Please delete or move it.

I doubt we will hear any real "Tell All" We will be lucky to get any real new news.
I say it's all politics and possibly Cheney covering his rear.

Spoiling for a Bush-Cheney Fight

Dick Cheney, the most powerful American vice-president in history, thinks his considered opinion was ignored under Bush's second term. His upcoming memoir, as reported by Barton Gellman in this morning's Washington Post, purports to detail the inconveniences he believed he suffered. These include:

* Bush bowed to hostile public opinion
* Bush "moved away" from him on waterboarding, secret CIA prisons, and domestic surveillance
* Bush ignored the possibility of "regime change" in North Korea and Iran
* Bush fired Rumsfeld and left Scooter Libby out to dry

[edit on 13-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
A Bush-Cheyney fight ?

Personally don't think so

Sounds as if the publishers are ramping it up in the hopes of getting a return on what they paid Cheyney for the rights to his memoirs

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Cheney, preparing his memoirs, unloads on Bush for bowing to public opinion

But now, writing his own account of his eight years as George W. Bush's vice president, Cheney is telling friends that "the statute of limitations has expired" on tensions between them.

As Time magazine reported last month, Cheney was furious at Bush for not pardoning Scooter Libby, the vice presidential aide who, in Cheney's words, "was asked to stick his neck in the meat grinder" by not disclosing all he knew about who leaked CIA operative Valerie Plame's identity to the press.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yeah, let's Tell-All the lies we can think of so people do not get any closer to the truth. There is still plenty of toilet paper on the market, so there is no need to purchase this thing just yet. Nice try at a pathetic publicity stunt.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I highly doubt we will see anything new or earth shattering.

I think you're right it's all a publicity stunt. But you know the masses will fall all over themselves and pay top dollar for the privilege of being lied to.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I highly doubt we will see anything new or earth shattering.

I think you're right it's all a publicity stunt. But you know the masses will fall all over themselves and pay top dollar for the privilege of being lied to.

I detest Bush but even I think he should have pardon Scooter. Bush has no moral character what so ever. He is like a leaf blowing in the wind. He could not decide what he wanted to be so he ended up screwing up everything.

He was to stupid to be an American President.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

* Bush bowed to hostile public opinion
* Bush "moved away" from him on waterboarding, secret CIA prisons, and domestic surveillance
* Bush ignored the possibility of "regime change" in North Korea and Iran
* Bush fired Rumsfeld and left Scooter Libby out to dry

Okay so are we up for a fight? or Is Cheney taking the heat off of Bush?
That list sounds to me like perhaps he is taking the heat and making himself look like a donkey. Tensions? of course they are easing he just told on himself in the most basic terms.
Bush bowed to the public, turned away from torture, refused to interfere in another countries ruling party and fired dumbsfeild....yeah they are up for a fight alright
the one for the next bottle.

yeah my spelling off pfft I was up late watching the sky fall oh wait that was the meteor show

[edit on 13-8-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
In my opinion this is just more distraction during this tough time we are headed into.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Good point, but either way it makes Bush look bad. Even if Cheny is just "taking the blame", what does it say about Bush then? That for the first term he just did what Cheny told him to do. That for the 2nd term he didn't listen to Cheny but still messed things up?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'll eventually pick myself up a copy when it hits the used book stores and pay about 50 cents. I'll probably find it in the fiction section.

top topics

join