It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Your favorite 3 UFO cases ..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

log in


posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:51 PM
I'm sure there's a lot of people who post in this forum who get a lot of flack about being a skeptic or a debunker when they point out some of the more obvious UFO miss-sightings or fakes in the usual weekly bunch of youtube offerings. So i thought id post something everyone can have a poke at.

Really good UFO sighting are very, very rare but they have happened and some of the reports are enough to make your head spin. So id like to hear what people here at ATS think are the 3 most impressive UFO cases they have ever heard of.

Ill put my 3 forward;

- Shag harbor.

- Kecksburg UFO incident.

- The Brazilian vampire UFO flap.

..potheads can just post 2 if they are having trouble.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:01 PM
Nice, I get first dibs on this thread (with the exception of the OP, of course)!

1: Battle of LA

2: Phoenix Lights ('97)

3: Roswell

[edit on 8/12/2009 by impaired]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:23 PM
Can't limit it to 3 . . .

DC 1952
Mexico Eclipse
Belgian Triangle
JAL Alaska
Hudson Valley
Gordon Cooper film
Mariana film

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:31 PM
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Here are my top three (but so many are so close together it is really hard to discern)....

1. Roswell, New Mexico-1947

No need to go into detail here, we all know about this one I think.

2.The Mantell Incident-1948

On the day of January 7th, 1948 at approximately 1:20 PM due to several witnesses on the ground in Owensboro,Irvington, and Maysville (which was only 80 miles East) Kentucky making calls to the Kentucky State Police of a “large, circular, metallic object of 250-300 feet (91 meters) in diameter following a westbound path” and the crafts near proximity to the Gold Reserve at Fort Knox the state police notified Godman Airfield, which was the airfield serving Fort Knox. Godman asked Wright Field in Ohio if they had any aircraft in the air, which they didn’t. At around 1:45 PM Sgt. Quinton Blackwell and two other witnesses saw an object from where he was at inside the Fort Knox Airfield Control Tower. They also stated the object was changing from reddish color to white in some pattern. Base Commander Colonel Guy Hix reported a “very large, white, umbrella shaped object about one fourth the size of the Moon (from his perspective, not literally!).” He also stated that “through the binoculars it appeared to have a red or pink border at the bottom and remained stationary for seemingly one and one half hours.”

Four P-51 Mustangs, already in the air on their way to Standiford Air Field in northern Kentucky were called to investigate. They were lead by Captain Thomas Mantell.

The Chase Begins

The Three Persons involved in the chase:
• Captain Thomas Mantell
• Lieutenant Albert Clemmons (Right wingman, only one with an oxygen mask, but it ran out,turned back at 22,500 feet)
• 2nd Lieutenant B.A. Hammond (Left wingman,also turned back at 22,500 feet)
• NOTE: The fourth pilot continued on to his destination due to lack of fuel and is not relevant.

In constant radio contact the whole time, Sgt. Blackwell ordered the Mustangs’ to intercept the unknown craft. One pilot had to quickly turn back as he was low on fuel. The three remaining planes continued on the intercept course. The two other pilots (other than Mantell) reported making visual contact with the object but said it was so small and far away they couldn’t identify it, this is possibly because the crafts altitude at the time was likely around 30,000 feet,.

Only one of Mantells’ companions, Lt. Albert Clemmons, had an oxygen mask available, which was nessicary to war in the low oxygen environment of 20,000 feet and above. Lt. Clemmons and Lt. Hammons called off their pursuit at 22,500 feet and returned to base. Mantell however, continued climbing to 30,000 feet. Anyone who knows anything about air flight and the atmosphere will tell you that without an oxygen mask or pressurized cabin (which wasn’t available at the time) you will black out from Hypoxia because the oxygen concentration levels are less at higher altitudes. This was Mantells’ second and fatal mistake. As best we know he blacked out from Hypoixa at around 30,000 feet, his plane then proceeded to plummet back down to Earth and crash at approximately 3:18 PM, at least that is the time his watched stopped. Before this though there was some very interesting observations made by Mantell as he briefly did catch up to the craft. The following is the reported actual radio communication transcript from the incident. All of the communications were not transcripted, or at least made public as an officer listening in Illinois made some stunning revelations, as we will see.

The following is quoted from the available transcripts I found:

"Godman Tower Calling the flight of 4 ships northbound over Godman Field. Do you read? Over.

[Pause] Godman Tower Calling the flight of 4 ships northbound over Godman Field. Do you read? Over."

"Roger, Godman Tower. This is National Guard 869, Flight Leader of the formation. Over."

"National Guard 869 from Godman Tower. We have an object out south of Godman here that we are unable to identify, and we would like to know if you have gas enough; and if so could you take a look for us if you will."

"Roger, I have the gas and I will take a look for you if you give me the correct heading.”
"The object is directly ahead of and above me now, moving at about half my speed...It appears to be a metallic object or possibly reflection of Sun from a metallic object, and it is of tremendous size... I'm still climbing... I'm trying to close in for a better look."

Now here is the interesting part that I mentioned above, this is a statement from USAF officer Richard Miller:

Richard T. Miller, who was in the Operations Room of Scott Air Force Base in Belleville, Illinois also made several profound statements regarding the crash. He was monitoring the radio talk between Mantell and Godman tower, and heard this statement very clearly. "My God, I see people in this thing!" Miller added that on the morning after the crash, at a briefing, investigators had stated that Mantell died "pursuing an intelligently controlled unidentified flying object." In conclusion, Miller made this statement, "that evening, Air Technical Intelligence Center officers from Wright-Patterson AFB arrived and ordered all personnel to turn over any materials relating to the crash. "Then, after we had turned it over to them, they said they had already completed the investigation." "I was no longer a skeptic. I had been up to that time. Now I wondered why the Government had gone to all of the trouble of covering it up, to keep it away from the press and the public."

Now this from Captain James F. Duesler:

"The wings and tail section had broken off on impact with the ground and were a short distance from the plane," he recalled. "There was no damage to the surrounding trees and it was obvious that there had been no forward or sideways motion when the plane had come down. It just appeared to have "belly flopped" into the clearing. There was very little damaged to the fuselage, which was in one piece, and no signs of blood whatsoever in the cockpit. There was no scratching on the body of the fuselage to indicate any forward movement and the propeller blade bore no telltale scratch marks to show it had been rotating at the time of impact, and one blade had been embedded into the ground. The damage pattern was not consistent with an aircraft of this type crashing at high speed into the ground.

This observation could easily be interpreted as the plane crashed due to hostile actions, something like a force field bringing it down. But lets not assume that, it is only my speculation. Although the UFO left the area by about 3:50 PM it was later reported by multiple witnesses in Tennessee.

Quick Timeline

1. Circular, Umbrella shaped UFO spotted near Fort Knox, Kentucky.
2. Four P-51 Mustangs sent to intercept and investigate, only three were able to.
3. Two of the three aircraft turned back at 22,500 feet due to safety reasons. They were only able to see something far off in the distance.
4. Captain Mantell continued to increase altitude despite knowing it was dangerous, obviously he saw something he thought was worthy of the risk. Mantell reached between 28-30,000 feet and got an excellent view of the craft. All we know for sure is he said it was large, circular, and metallic. It is rumored he also said he saw “people” inside the craft.
5. Shortly after this he blacked out(due to Hypoxia as described above) or was shot down (less likely, but still possible) and his plane fell back to the Earth killing him.

45 minutes after engaging in the pursuit Captain Mantell was dead, still strapped in his aircraft but dead from the extreme forces involved from crashing 30,000 feet back down to Earth near a farm south of Franklin, Kentucky just near the Tennessee-Kentucky border . His watch stopped at 3:18 PM so we can assume that was his time of death as well. The plane was heavily damaged as one would expect. Here are some pictures of the crash….

Courtesy of

Courtesy of

Courtesy of

Courtesy of

Continued on THIS THREAD

3.This is a hard one but I would have to say the JAL 1628 Incident of November 1986

You can find a very detailed thread HERE, authored by ATS member internos. [[Just scroll down, as internos as posted it as his third best

Like I said, there are just too many IMO but those were three (Roswell will always be one in my books) that came to mind quickly that are definitely in my top ten.

[edit on 8/12/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:48 PM
Number # 1:

Flying Triangle, Belgium UFO wave, Petit-Rechain, april 1990

Mass sightings, multiple witnesses, media coverage, military jets that chased UFOs, UFOs spotted by radars making manoeuvres impossible for the (known) terrestrial aircraft, at impossible (for us) speed/accelerations and so on.

1) Object witnessed at Eupen, Wavre, Leige and Brussels
2) Reported in over 2,600 statements to police
3) Photographed by many people on both Video and Camera
4) Detected and Confirmed by radar stations on the ground
5) Detected, Confirmed and photographed on aircraft radar screens
6) Pursued for over an hour by two F-16s.

Glons radar confirmed the sighting of an unidentified object at an altitude of 3,000 meters. Semmerzake radar confirmed the Glons detection and passed its confirmation onto the Air Force. The radar scans were compared with the previous Eupen radar sightings (see Eupen Case) by Semmerzake and Glons and were found to be identical.
Several police patrols had witnessed the same phenomenon before. It was a massive triangular shape with the same lighting configuration as seen at Eupen four months earlier.

Colonel Wilfred De Brouwer, Chief of the operations section of the Air Force, said: "That because of the frequency or requests for radar confirmation at Glons and Semmerzake - and as a number of private visual observations had been confirmed by the police - it was decided that as these parameters had been met, a patrol of F-16 aircraft should be sent to intercept an unidentified object somewhere to the south of Brussels"

As a consequence, two F-16 aircraft of the Belgian Air Force - registration
numbers 349 and 350 = flown by a Captain and a Flight-Lieutenant, both highly qualified pilots, took off from Bevekom.
Within a few minutes - guided by the Glons radar - both pilots had detected a positive oval-shaped object on their on-board radar at a height of 3,000 meters, but in the darkness saw nothing. This oval configuration, however, caused the pilots some concern. It reacted in an intelligent and disturbing way when they attempted to 'lock-on' with their on-board radar.

Changing shape instantly, it assumed a distinct 'diamond image' on their radar screens and - increasing its speed to 1,000km/h - took immediate and violent evasive action.

This is what has been disclosed by the military, it wasn't a single witness
making wild claimings

Photographs of the actual on-board radar of the F-16s recorded a descent of this object from 3,000m to 1,200 in 2 seconds, a descent rate of 1,800km/h. The same photographs show an unbelievable acceleration rate of 280km/h to 1,800km/h in a few seconds. According to Professor Leon Brening - a non-linear dynamic theorist at the Free University of Brussels - this would represent an acceleration of 46g and would be beyond the possibility of any human pilot to endure.
It was noted that in spite of these speeds and acceleration times there was a marked absence of any sonic boom. The movements of this object were described by the pilots and radar operators as 'wildly erratic and step-like', and a zigzag course was taken over the city of Brussels with the two F-16s in pursuit. Visual contact was not possible against the lighting of the city.
This same procedure was repeated several times, with this object - whenever an attempt at radar 'lock-on' was made - pursuing a violently erratic course at impossible speed and losing its pursuers.

Colonel De Brouwer added "Immediatley after the operation, the pilots said they had never seen anything like it. Certainly the flight pattern and echo on their screens was in no way that of a conventional aircraft"
The Belgian Minister of Defence in the Belgian parliament stated that "The
Government did not know what they were".

I think that the explanation (as said based on ZERO evidences) that it was a military craft does not make sense, especially if we look at the data:

Acceleration data

Radar data

Colonel W. De Brouwer, Belgian Air Force, with the radar videos of one of the F-16s at the press conference of July 11th

Blow-up of the image on the bottom screen above.
The 990K is the speed of the object in knots.
990K = 1830 kilometers per hour = 1.5 Mach.

Clearly, some radical manuvers are occurring:

Speed changes of up to 410 knots in one second.
Heading changes of up to 70 degrees in one second.
Altitude changes of up to 3000 feet per second (1,777 knots) maintained for one second or less and typical ascent / descent rates of 1000 feet per second (592 knots).
That these manuvers are radical can be seen by comparing them to some
representative figures for commonly available fighter aircraft. For instance, the F-4 Phantom is known be able to turn at only 11.5 degrees per second, less than 1/6 as fast as the observed UFO profile.

The nature of these manuvers and their coincidence in time is also visible in this graph, which only shows the value of the changes:

Text file of the radar contacts of one of the F-16s

Sources, more infos and references:

Original article related to the pics (recovered)

[edit on 12/8/2009 by internos]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:52 PM
reply to post by jkrog08.. and fls13

Excellent.. i had not heard of the The Mantell Incident

[edit on 12-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:52 PM
NUmber # 2:
The Coyne incident, Mansfield, Ohio, 1973

The crew of an Army Reserve helicopter (UH-1H), based in Cleveland, Ohio, was returning from Columbus, Ohio, at about 10:30 p.m.: it was a clear night with no moon, and they were cruising at 90 knots at an altitude of 2,500 feet above sea level.

The crew:
  • Lt. Arrigo Jezzi, 26 (at the controls from the left-hand seat)
  • Sgt. John Healey, 35, (flight medic, sat behind him).
  • Spec. 5 Robert Yanacek, 23 (crew chief, sat in the right rear seat)
  • Capt. Lawrence J. Coyne, 36 (commanding the flight, sat on the right front seat)
    This figure shows the places of the four helicopter crew members

    Lawrence J. Coyne

    The sighting of the crew:

    About 11:00 p.m. near Mansfield, Healey saw a red light off to the left(west) heading south. Three or four minutes later, Yanacek noticed a single steady red light on the eastern horizon, and reported it to Coyne. About 30 seconds later, Yanacek announced that the light appeared to be converging on the helicopter, and they all watched it warily.
    As the light continued its approach, Coyne grabbed the controls from Jezzi and began a powered descent of approximately 500 feet per minute. He made radio contact with Mansfield approach control, requesting information on possible jet traffic. After Mansfield acknowledged their transmission, radio contact was lost on both UHF and VHF.
    The red light appeared to be on a collision course, approaching at a speed estimated to be more than 600 knots. Coyne increased the rate of descent to 2,000 feet per minute until they reached about 1,700 feet, about 600 feet above the tree tops. With the unknown object about to ram them, the crewmen feared for their lives. Just as a collision appeared imminent, the light suddenly stopped and hovered above and in front of the helicopter. They saw a cigar-shaped, gray metallic appearing, domed object whose apparent size filled the entire windshield.

    What Captain Coyne saw through the helicopter windshield

    The object appeared solid, blotting out the stars behind it. It had a red light at the nose, a white light at the tail, and a distinctive green beam emanating from the lower part of the otherwise featureless "fuselage." The green beam swung up over the helicopter nose, through the windshield, and into the upper tinted window panels. The cockpit was bathed in intense green light. No noise or turbulence was noted. After a few seconds, the object accelerated and moved off to the west. Coyne and Healey reported that it then made a distinct 45 degree turn to the right, heading toward Lake Erie. While the object was still visible, Jezzi and Coyne both noted that the altimeter read 3,500 feet with a rate of climb of 1,000 feet per minute. Yet the collective (steering mechanism) was still in the full-down position set during the descent.
    As Coyne cautiously raised the collective, the helicopter continued climbing, as would be expected.
    At an indicated altitude of 3,800 feet Coyne finally felt that he had regained positive control.
    Then they felt a slight "bump." He descended to the previously assigned cruise altitude of 2,500 feet and made radio contact with Akron/Canton, which now was easily achieved. The remainder of the flight to Cleveland was routine.

    Drawing of the object made under Captain Coyne and Sergeant Yanacsek direction

    The sighting from the ground:

    At about 11:00 p.m., Mrs. Erma C. and four children were returning from Mansfield to their rural home southeast of town. As they drove south on Laver Road, they noticed a bright red light flying south. She turned the car eastward and continued on across the Charles Mill Reservoir, a distance of 3.6 miles, covered in about 5 minutes. At this point they saw to the east a red and green light, moving together, coming down rapidly toward them. At first they assumed it was a low-flying light plane, but changed their minds almost immediately. The red was too bright, especially compared to the green. They could not see any shape or, at first, hear any sound. When they stopped the car and got out to look, they heard the typical sounds of a helicopter. As they watched, the red light and the helicopter converged.
    After the red-lighted object stopped, the green light flared up. "When we got out, everything was green. I saw that thing and the helicopter." The witnesses agreed that the helicopter was green "because of the light from the thing up above... It was so bright that you couldn't see too far.
    Everything was green. The trees, the car, everything."
    The helicopter with the other object above and slightly ahead of it moved in tandem from southwest to northeast. Suddenly the green light went out and the object was gone. "When the light went out you couldn't see the object. And then the helicopter went northeast. Then we got back in the car and went on, and saw it [the helicopter] fly out over the lake."

    Drawing of the ground observation by investigators

    Jeanne Elias, 44, was watching the news at her home southeast of Mansfield just after 11:00 p.m. She recognized the sound of an Army helicopter approaching so loud and near that she feared it was going to crash into the house. The sound persisted for "a long time," and when it was over her son John, 14, called out from his room. He had been awakened by the sound, and then had observed a bright green light that lit up the bedroom. The light persisted long enough for him to realize that "there must be some kind of object right above the house, because it was coming in so heavy in my room."

    Drawing by Curt, aged 10, who saw the object from the ground

    Drawing by Camille, aged 11, who saw the object from the ground


    Investigator Jennie Zeidman conducted a time-line analysis, second-by second, showing that the object was continuously in view of the helicopter crew for at least five minutes. This duration and the witness descriptions both from the helicopter and the ground rules out the object being a meteor.

    The official report:

    AR 340-15: the proponent agency is The Adjutant General's Office.

    Near Midair Collision with UFO Report

    To: Commander Flight Operations Office
    DATE 23 Nov 73 Cmt 1
    83D USARCOM USAR Flight Facility
    ATTN: AHRCCG Cleveland Hopkins Airport Columbus Support Facility Cleveland, Ohio 44135

    1. On 18 October 1973 at 2305 hours in the vicinity of Mansfield, Ohio, Army Helicopter 68-15444 assigned to Cleveland USAR/FFAC encountered a near midair collision with a unidentified flying object. Four crewmembers assigned to the Cleveland USARFFAC for flying proficiency were on AFTP
    status when this incident occurred. The flight crew assigned was CPT Lawrence J. Coyne, Pilot in Command,1LT Arrigo Jozzi, Copilot, SSG Robert Yanacsek, Crew Chief, SSG John Healey,Flight Medio.
    All the above personnel are member of the 316th MED DET(HEL AMB). a tenant reserve unit of the Cleveland USAR/FFAC.

    2. The reported incident happened as follows: Army Helicopter 68-15444 was returning from Columbus, Ohio to Cleveland, Ohio and at 2305 hours east, south east of Mansfield Airport in the vicinity of Mansfield, Ohio while flying at an altitude of 2500 feet and on a heading of 030 degrees, SSG
    Yanacsek observed a red light on the east horizon,90 drgrees to the flight path of the helicopter.
    Approximately 30 seconds later, SSG Yanacsek indicated the object was converging on the helicopter at the same altitude at a airspeed in excess of 600 knots and on a midair collision heading.
    Cpt Coyne observed the converging object, took over the controls of the aircraft and initiated a power descent from 2500 feet to 1700 feet to avoid impact with the object. A radio call was initiated to Mansfield Tower who acknowledged the helicopter and was asked by CPT Coyne if there were any high performance aircraft flying in the vicinity of Mansfield Airport however there was no response received from the tower. The crew expected impact from the object instead, the object was observed to hesistate momontarily over the helicopter and then slowly continued on a westerly course accelerating at a high rate of speed, clear west of Mansfield Airport then turn 45 degree heading to the Northwest. Cpt Coyne indicated the altimeter read a 1000 fpm olimp and read 3500 feet with the collective in the full down position. The aircraft was returned to 2500 feet by CPT Coyne and flown back to Cleveland, Ohio. The flight plan was closed and the FAA Flight Service Station notified of the incident. The FSS told CPT Coyne to report the incident to the FAA GADO office a Cleveland Hopkins Airport Mr. Porter, 83d USARCOM was notified of the incident at 1530 hours on 19 Oct 73.

    3. This report has been read and attested to by the crewmembers of the aircraft with signatures acknowledgeing this report.

  • Lawrence J. Coyne [Signature]
  • Arrigo Jozzi [Signature]
  • Robert Yanacsek [Signature]
  • John Healey [Signature]

    DA FORM 2496

  • The article published in The Mansfield News Journal on November 4, 1973

    Incident named after pilot

    - Army Reserve helicopter pilot Capt. Lawrence Coyne is a military commander who doesn't believe in unidentified flying objects (UFOs) or little green spacemen. But after a near miss two weeks ago between his helicopter and a "big, gray, metallic-looking" object in the sky over Mansfield, he doesn't know what to think.

    I had to file an official report in detail to the Army on this thing,
    he said.
    Coyne is a member of the 316th Medical Detachment stationed at Cleveland Hopkins Airport. He was returning from Columbus at 11:10 p.m., Oct. 18, when the UFO showed up near where the Air National Guard has a squadron of jet fighters based. He said a check turned up that none of the unit's F-100 Super Saber Jets were in the air when the UFO appeared. Coyne said when he first encountered the UFO, his helicopter was cruising at 2,500 feet. He had the controls set for a 20-degree dive, but the craft climbed to 3,500 feet with no power.

    I had made no attempt to pull up,
    he said.

    There was no noise or turbulence, either.
    Coyne said a red light appeared on the eastern horizon, and was first spotted by his crew chief, Sgt. Robert Yanacsek.

    The light was traveling in excess of 600 knots,
    Coyne said.

    It came from the horizon to our aircraft in about 10 seconds. We were on a collision course.

    The pilot said he put his helicopter into a dive.

    At 1,700 feet I braced myself for the impact with the other craft,
    he said.

    It was coming from our right side. I was scared. There had been so little time to respond. The thing was terrifically fast.

    There was no crash.

    We looked up and saw it stopped right over us: it had a big, gray metallic-looking hull about 60 feet long. It was shaped like an airfoil or a streamlined fat cigar. There was a red light on the front. The leading edge glowed red a short distance back from the nose. There was a center dome. A green light at the rear reflected on the hull.

    Coyne said the green light swiveled like a spotlight and beamed through the canopy of his craft, bathing the cabin in green light. He said as he and members of the crew stared at the craft his helicopter began to climb without his guidance.

    I had made no attempt to pull up: all controls were set for a 20-degree dive. Yet we had climbed from 1,700 to 3,500 feet with no power in a couple of seconds with no g-forces or other noticeable strains.

    Coyne said the UFO finally moved off to the west and was gone.

    Coyne UH-1H Helicopter UFO Incident 1973

    Too bad there are neither some photos nor videos of this sighting: anyway, it's one of those very rare cases in which something was spotted from both air and ground. Basically, there aren't visual proofs, but at the same time there are some extremely reliable witnesses: and it's also something very close to a mid-air collision, as mentioned in the official report (Near Midair Collision with UFO).
    I would like to thank Steve Hammons, journalist, for being so kind to bring this case to my attention (BTW: his articles are always some VERY interesting reading).
    I would greatly appreciate any comment about this story.

  • /5juuzt
  • /5b4guy


  • Cincinnati Enquirer, October 22, 1973.

  • The Mansfield News Journal, November 4, 1973.

  • Jennie Zeidman, "Helicopter-UFO Encounter Over Ohio", Center for UFO Studies, Chicago, 1979.

  • Army Disposition Form incident report on case reproduced in Larry Fawcett and Barry Greenwood, Clear Intent, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, Prentice-Hall, p. 239, 1984.

  • MUFON 1989 International UFO Symposium Proceedings, Seguin, Texas, pp. 13-30.

  • UFO-Helicopter Close Encounter Over Ohio, Flying Saucer Review 22 (4), pp. 15-19.

  • International UFO Reporter, pp. 13-14, November-December 1988.

  • International UFO Reporter, pp. 17-18, March-April 1989.

  • News Journal, october 18, 2003.

  • posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:53 PM
    reply to post by internos

    Oh yea, that is a good one, one of my 'floaters b/w 2 and three', they constantly change for me. In reality there are about 150 cases that are really, really good IMHO.

    (The Belgium Wave one.I posted while you were still going.

    [edit on 8/12/2009 by jkrog08]

    posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:54 PM
    Number # 3:
    The strange story of JAL 1628
    In November, 1986, a Japanese crew of a jumbo freighter aircraft witnessed three unidentified objects while flying over Alaska, USA. This sighting gained international attention when the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) announced that it was going to officially investigate this sighting because the Air Route Traffic Control Center in Anchorage, Alaska, had reported that the UFO had been detected on radar. Captain Terauchi was featured on numerous radio and TV programs and in People Magazine. Within a few months of these events he was grounded, apparently for his indiscretion of reporting a UFO, even though he was a senior captain with an excellent flying record. Several years later he was reinstated. The UFOs in this case were tracked on both ground and airborne radar, witnessed by experienced airline pilots, and confirmed by a FAA Division Chief.

    According to Captain Kenju Terauchi, First Officer Takanori Tamefuji and Flight Engineer Yoshio Tsukuda, two small lights and one huge lighted object were in sight on their radar for more than a half hour.
    They watched as they flew 350 miles (550 km.) southward across Alaska
    from Ft. Yukon toward Anchorage.
    Captain Terauchi, a veteran of 29 years flying, said "It was a very big one or two times bigger than an aircraft carrier." He changed altitude and made turns, with FAA permission, in an effort to identify the objects which continued to follow him. He said the objects moved quickly and stopped suddenly. At one time, the light from the large object was so bright that it lit the airplane's cockpit and Captain Terauchi said he could feel heat from it on his face. He added that he had been watching the UFO for six minutes before notifying anyone on the ground; this would make the start of the sighting about 6:13 p.m.
    The FAA at first confirmed the claims that several of its radar traffic controllers tracked the 747 and the large object, and that U.S. Air Force radar did as well. Later official statements hedged on this, and tried to attribute the radar targets to weather effects. At the end, however, an FAA spokesman stated, "We are accepting the descriptions of the crew, but are unable to support what they saw."

    Drawings by Captain Terauchi and the crew of JAL flight 1628 of the UFOs they observed over Alaska in November 1986. Courtesy of FAA.

    The summary of the communication between JAL Captain Terauchi and ground controllers was published by the Federal Aviation Administration:

    6:19 PM local time: The pilot of JL1628 requested traffic information from the ZAN (FAA Air Route Traffic Control Center, Anchorage) Sector 15 controller.

    6:26 PM: ZAN contacted the Military Regional Operations Control Center (ROCC), and asked if they were receiving any radar returns near the position of JL1628. The ROCC advised that they were receiving a primary radar return in JL1628's 10 o'clock (left-front) position at 8 miles.

    6:27 PM: The ROCC contacted ZAN to advise they were no longer receiving any radar returns in the vicinity of JL1628.

    6:31 PM: JL1628 advised that the 'plane' was 'quite big,' at which time the ZAN controller approved any course deviations needed to avoid the traffic.

    6:32 PM: JL1628 requested and received a descent from FL350 to FL310 (flight level 350 and 310, meaning altitude of 35,000 and 31,000 feet, or 10,500 m. and 9,500 m.). When asked if the traffic was descending also, the pilot stated it was descending 'in formation.'

    6:35 PM: JL1628 requested and received a heading change to two one zero (210 degrees, or southwest). The aircraft was now in the vicinity of Fairbanks and ZAN contacted Fairbanks Approach Control asking if they had any radar returns near JL1628's position. The Fairbanks Controller advised they did not.

    6:36 PM: JL1628 was issued a 360 degree turn and asked to inform ZAN if the traffic stayed with them.

    6:38 PM: The ROCC called ZAN advising they had confirmed a 'flight of two' in JL1628's position. They advised they had some 'other equipment watching this,' and one was a primary target only.

    6:39 PM: JL1628 told ZAN they no longer had the traffic in sight.

    6:42 PM: The ROCC advised it looked as though the traffic had dropped back and to the right of JL1628, however, they were no longer tracking it.

    6:44 PM: JL1628 advised the traffic was now at 9 o'clock (left).

    6:45 PM: ZAN issued a 10 degree turn to a northbound United Airlines flight, after pilot concurrence, in an attempt to confirm the traffic.

    6:48 PM: JL1628 told ZAN the traffic was now at 7 o'clock (left rear), 8 miles.

    6:50 PM: The northbound United flight advised they had the Japan Airlines flight in sight, against a light background, and could not see any other traffic.

    6:53 PM: JL1628 advised that they no longer had contact with the traffic

    AFTER the plane levelled out he observed "lights that looked like aircraft lights, 30 degrees left front, 2,000 feet below us, moving exactly in the same direction and with the same
    speed we were." At that time the airplane was flying at about 525 kts (nautical miles per hour) ground speed (972 km/hr or 605 mph) according to the tracking data (3). Subsequently the speed decreased to about 500 kts.

    Alaska's 1986 UFO sighting still rouses curiosity
    KTUU Channel 2 News (Alaska), November 8, 2002

    Disclosure Project: Testimony of John Callahan, Former FAA Division Chief
    Disclosure Project Briefing Document - Executive Summary

    FAA investigates JAL Flight 1628 UFO Sighting
    Associated Press, 1986

    Statement of Captain Terauchi, Pilot of JAL Flight 1628

    UFO FILES: Black Box UFO Secrets (.PDF)
    Wednesday, 11th August, 2006

    Video: John Callahan, Former FAA Division Chief, dicusses JAL Flight 1628
    UFO Symposium at The George Washington University, 2002

    This is a rendering from the description that Capt. Terauchi gave to the FAA. It was first published by the International UFO Reporter in the March/April 1987 issue Volume 12, number 12. The relative size of Capt. Terauchi's Boeing 747 can be seen at the bottom right of the satellite

    Courtesy: John Lear

    Here is Capt. Terauchi's actual drawing showing the shape of the craft and the relative size of his Boeing 747

    Courtesy: John Lear

    Courtesy: Bruce Maccabee

    Courtesy: JeromeProphet

    UFO Files: Black Box UFO Secrets Revealed ( part 1 of 5 )

    The relevant part starts at min. 2:00

    UFO Files: Black Box UFO Secrets Revealed ( part 2 of 5 )

    UFO Files: Black Box UFO Secrets Revealed ( part 3 of 5 )

    UFO Files: Black Box UFO Secrets Revealed ( part 4 of 5 )

    UFO Files: Black Box UFO Secrets Revealed ( part 5 of 5 )

    Complete report by Bruce Maccabee


    posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:04 PM
    reply to post by internos

    Niice.. i love cigar UFO sightings. The fact they are always so similar spooks me out a bit.

    posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:10 PM
    reply to post by VitalOverdose

    The Coyne Incident is in the top ten, impeccable witnesses, multiple witnesses (military AND civilian all seeing the SAME thing). It also has no satisfactory alternate explanation, as do all in the top category.

    The Belgium UFO Wave (in my opinion) is possibly a secret government craft, namely the rumored TR-3B Astra, but it certainly could have been something else. Either way, it is one of the best cases in ufology.

    posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:16 PM

    Originally posted by VitalOverdose
    reply to post by internos

    Niice.. i love cigar UFO sightings. The fact they are always so similar spooks me out a bit.

    I do a bit of 3D illustration for fun and came to a bit of a revelation regarding UFO shapes. A classic disc shaped object can look cigar-shaped, football-shaped or like an orb depending on the viewing angle and you really can't tell. It was quite an eye opener.

    posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:37 PM
    reply to post by fls13

    Im a 3d artist to
    Your right, its quite hard to get a good recognizable flying saucer shape sometimes in 3d pics.

    Its not the cigar shapes at a distance that im on about , i mean the ones where pilots have got up close to them. They always seem to describe these strobe lights that run up and down the exterior. Sounds quite spooky.

    [edit on 12-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

    posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:44 PM
    reply to post by jkrog08

    Yes, that's the conclusion many came to, my friend, and it's also correct to point out how this has been tried to be debunked:

    One of the problems that we have is that the TR3B's existence has yet to be proven: to debunk somthing with somehitng else that according to the facts doesn't exists is not a good idea.
    Speed changes MUST make us to assume that some human being possibly inside would become like some meatball.
    Hence, let's assume it was unmanned: What would be the purpose of testing some experimental aircraft right there (consider the area and its distance from the closest US and NATO bases, national borders etc)?
    To get catched would be the only possible answer: in order to get catched.
    If they'd wanted to be catched from belgian Air Force, then i do see why they would have acted that way. Very strange behavior, but would explain everything, apart the technology in use by the aircraft, that would need to be completely explained

    posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:49 PM
    reply to post by internos

    1 thing that does give a bit of credibility to the TR3B story is that if they are using flying crafts that have nuclear power then the people flying them would want to keep it very quiet. But im not sure they are really designed to fly that low are they?

    I dont doubt something was there over those nights.

    [edit on 12-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

    posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:10 PM
    reply to post by VitalOverdose

    Thanks VitalOverdose.....

    This will be a great thread & a gem amongst the many recent threads of "questionable quality" through which many of us have been trying to battle.

    posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:33 PM
    reply to post by internos

    to debunk something with something else that according to the facts doesn't exists is not a good idea.

    Agreed, 200%... LOL, that is kind of the way to work these days in ALL sciences it seems.. But none-the-less you are correct.

    Speed changes MUST make us to assume that some human being possibly inside would become like some meatball.

    Yes, but if Edgar Fouche is telling the truth then the Magnetic Mercury Plasma Accelerator Ring [[The mass reduction system for those that do not know
    ]](which is reported to reduce the apparent gravity by 89%)it would also serve (theoretically) as an inertial dampening apparatus as well.

    Hence, let's assume it was unmanned:

    Also VERY possible and a logical postulate my friend.

    To get catched would be the only possible answer: in order to get catched.
    If they'd wanted to be catched from belgian Air Force, then i do see why they would have acted that way. Very strange behavior, but would explain everything, apart the technology in use by the aircraft, that would need to be completely explained

    EXACTLY........They possibly wanted to test the crafts abilities to evade conventional aircraft, as well test its stealth abilities over populated areas possibly. And what better place to do it (assuming it is US technology) than in a a friendly overseas country?

    This is case is a top case, excellent photographs, radar locks, witnesses, etc, etc....(and you summarized it perfectly) But as you correctly pointed out---We have no evidence either way, the only thing we know for sure is at this point the Belgian case is a true UFO event, and that is a gem in itself in my opinion and I anticipate yours as well. Glad to have this discussion with you my friend.

    [edit on 8/12/2009 by jkrog08]

    [edit on 8/12/2009 by jkrog08]

    posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:18 PM

    I am quite suprised I didn't see many mention this Holloman case.. But hey, I, Unfortunately actually belive Roswell was indeed a top secret balloon to test the detonation of Nuclear weapons.. However, if a craft did crash, i would totally believe the US Military would go to all those lengths and even make up evidence to try and prove it was this "Secret Balloon"...
    Anyways, there are obviously other just as, if not more important cases:

    My fave would be:

    1 - Holloman AFB, (New Mexico)
    2 - Rendelsham AFB (England)
    3 - **And now in my top three as of last week and there is only an explanation and no Name for this case... but i first heard about it on "MonsterQuest - Terror in the Sky" episode aired last week on the History Channel.. and No, I'm not talking about the flying Humanoids.. i'm talking about the creature that was caught alive, then killed.. but the images to me, look like a creature from not of this world! and, DNA Tests prove this creature does NOT match any known species, or even any known subspecies as it doesn't branch off from anywhere in the 'tree' of evolution... What is upsetting is that this could be the proof we need for the skeptics that always say "gimme hard evidence - not pictures of a UFO or USO.. I want an actual alien in my hands and tested for DNA" well, here we have a case of what sure seems like an actual Alien and DNA tests can prove that this animal is not known to science!! but, of course, the way the media works in this country.. we will never hear about it in day to day news coverage! which is extremely discouraging!

    Here are some links to youtube on this unkown creature story.. and of Monsterequest..
    this first link is in Spanish for those who speak spanish..

    This link is just a commentator explaining about the tests done with an image of the creature just as it was caught and is still alive..

    here is Part 1 of 5 of the Monsterquest episode ''terror in the sky" (you can access parts 2, 3, 4 and 5 from there as well..)

    Back to the incident at Holloman AFB - I would love to hear if anyone else knows anything about this? Even tho I did do some reading and viewing of whatever i can find about it online.. i would still like to know a bit more, especially the validity of the whole story..
    For what i've learned.. i think this event was so close to becoming the event of all events in the 1970s with the Documentary that was partially funded by our very own U.S. Government - the documentary "UFO's then&Now..." Or, something like that was dramatized footage of what took place of a UFO landing at the base.. and in fact, a portion of the Documentary shows the actual footage of the UFO landing on the base just seconds before it actually landed while in its vertical decent! They were to originally show the whole footage in the documentary but of course, was eventually pulled out and not allowed.. but this short piece of footage managed to get in, but no one knew that it was actual footage (albeit a few seconds long).. anyways, this case seemed quite possibly our First Contact as the Aliens actually disembarked the ship and met with the Liet. Commander of the base! i know this of course all may not be true.. but from what i've read about it.. it seems all to real..
    here is a link to just the footage of the landing that was apart of the documentary

    Some sources:

    Holloman AFB

    Rendlesham forest

    I know its a bit long, but enjoy!

    posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:57 PM

    The Kelly Cahill Abduction Case:

    There are dozens of entries online for the Kelly Cahill case. One of the more notable characteristics of this particular case lies in the fact that Kelly's experience was witness by others who came forward at different times, independently of each other and were not notified until after detailing their own experience, that it had been verified by other witnesses.

    Another interesting element to the Cahill case is the fact Kelly had immersed herself into Christian belief shortly prior to the 'alien' incident.

    During the experience, Kelly was screaming to her husband and to other people further away in the field, 'Run, run .. they have no souls'.

    She was struck by one of the alleged entities, who, according to Kelly Cahill, said to her in a voice she regarded as mocking: ' Why would I hurt you. I'm your father '. Kelly Cahill regarded this as mockery of her recently strenthened Christian faith, i.e., 'God the Father'.

    The events experienced by Cahill and her husband led to the breakdown of their marriage.

    Various online sources strongly suspect that the event was staged by government in order to build the belief in UFOs and aliens.


    Peter Khoury .. seductive alien female ... alien hair .. DNA

    The Nordic woman, who seemed to be over 6 feet tall and apparently very strong, reached forward and pulled Khoury's head to her breast. He resisted, trying to pull away.

    She did this 3 times. Finally Khoury, trying to cope with the shock and disorientating nature of this experience, bit on her nipple apparently swallowing a piece from it. The Nordic woman, although seemingly confused, did not react with any pain and nor was there any sign of blood. She seemed to convey to the other woman that this was not the way things were supposed to happen. Khoury was overcome with a coughing fit. Moments later, looking up again, he found that both women had vanished.

    The coughing caused Khoury to go to the bathroom to get a drink of water. When he went to urinate he found it very painful to do so, due to, it turned out, some very fine blonde hair wrapped tightly under his foreskin. Khoury removed the hair and had the foresight to place it in a plastic sachet bag with a seal. He did that because he felt there was no way it should have been there.

    DNA samples from the hair retained by Peter Khoury after his alleged alien experience:

    1998 -- an investigation into the hair sample, when biochemical colleagues agreed to undertake what was the world's first PCR (polymerase Chain Reaction) DNA profiling of biological material implicated in an alien abduction experience.

    The analysis confirmed the hair came from someone who was biologically close to normal human genetics, but of an unusual racial type - a rare Chinese Mongoloid type - one of the rarest human lineages known, that lies further from the human mainstream than any other except for African pygmies and aboriginals.

    There was the strange anomaly of it being blonde to clear instead of black, as would be expected from the Asian type mitochondrial DNA. The study concluded, "The most probable donor of the hair must therefore be as (Khoury) claims: a tall blonde female who does not need much colour in her hair or skin, as a form of protection against the sun, perhaps because she does not require it."

    see more at above link

    There are numerous entries for Peter Khoury online

    [edit on 12-8-2009 by St Vaast]

    posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:18 AM
    1 CARET/Drones

    2 NASA tether UFO

    3 Flying Humaniod

    new topics

    top topics

    <<   2 >>

    log in