It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Health Care and Gas Tax.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I was just sitting here and the thought that the countries that have NHC also have very high gas tax. Some countries like the UK has NHC and their tax rate is around 1.90 USD a gallon for regular gasonline. Some places in Canada pays $1.15 a gallon just in taxes.

New Zealand pays 1.60 USD in taxes per gallon.

Germany (I don't know if they have NHC) pays in USD 6.28 per gallon. That is 1.22 Euros per litre in taxes.

The US average gas tax is $0.47 a gallon.

Are we ready to pay 4 dollars or more again?

If you say yes, you must remember that this will be due to the taxes being raised. This has no bearing on the regular rise of gas every Christmas and Summer and we all know when the price of something goes up, the more taxes we pay.

So we could easily be paying $6 dollars plus for a gallon of gas.

Of course I could be wrong, but I see these places with NHC and I see their gas tax and I can't help but think that we will be seeing the same thing. Espeacially since they need a way to pay for it.

Like I said this just popped into my head for no paticular reason, what do you think?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by jd140]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I dont think you're wrong. I think you're on to something.

Think about it, there has to be a raise in taxes to afford this new healthcare reform. We just "borrowed" billions of taxmoney to bailout the banks, autos, and housing. So where else can we bend over?

Gasoline. Its already cheaper here than most countries. Most, being the key word here. I'm sure TPTB are waiting for another "crisis", for Mr. Rahm Emmanuel, to take advantage of.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Possibly, like I said this just popped into my head as I was reading a "undeniable ufo" thread.

I don't think we need a crisis. I think they will just do it and say it is for our own good. They will say something stupid like instead of taking it out of our paycheck they just added a little to the gas tax.

With the recent car for clunkers program and all of this green bull crap I guess it is plausible.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Gotta love those "undeniable ufo" threads. Things of real importance.

We definitely don't need a crisis to generate a new tax. I'm just saying the way that things are going from all the bills they are rushing through Congress, because of these "crisis" there's probably a gas tax added to legislation already. The Congressmen and women just haven't read it yet.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i was reading your post when i saw that canada was paying 1.15 a gallon in tax's but its important to note that we pay by the liter here which is 4 ltr's for 1 gallon today i filled up my ride at 1.10 a liter so by the math we are paying 4.40 a gallon now thats crazy

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by donttaserme
i was reading your post when i saw that canada was paying 1.15 a gallon in tax's but its important to note that we pay by the liter here which is 4 ltr's for 1 gallon today i filled up my ride at 1.10 a liter so by the math we are paying 4.40 a gallon now thats crazy

Ouch. That hurts. Thats crazy, but that equates to what? .30 a liter in tax?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
well where i live (vancouver) it was about 20.5 cents last year but since july 1st it went up 2.5cents and by 2012 its going to be another 7.5 cents thats just what i could find on google. if anyone knows the legit number id be happy to learn myself lol
again though thats in ltrs so if we times that by 4 then im guessing it would have to be around 96-1.00 per gallon

[edit on 12-8-2009 by donttaserme]

[edit on 12-8-2009 by donttaserme]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
But that's not possible, BHO promised no new taxes on the middle class, and the middle class buys gas.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
checkmate

second line

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by donttaserme

Right, the tax I quoted was for a whole gallon so for each liter you are paying .37 in taxes.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
But that's not possible, BHO promised no new taxes on the middle class, and the middle class buys gas.

What he said was you won't see one penny of new taxes taken from your paycheck.

So if he raised taxes on gasoline he can keep his campaign promise. At the same time we will have the screws put to us and his health care reform will be paid for with a little left over.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I went on a ride on my harley and was thinking more about this and thought that this would be perfect for them to do.

Nobody is thinking about the cost of gas right now, so they can add one or two new taxes to it and raise the price gradually and before to long we are paying out the butt for a gallon and nobody will know how it got that bad.

It helps the Go Green agenda, as nobody will drive as much, it helps the auto market, as nobody will want a gas guzler and will be buying sporty models. Best of all it will pay for the health reform bill.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Just wait and see what happens If the Cap & Trade bill is passed.
That one is second on my list just below the Health care reform.
This man has a plan and it is Not For America, but rather, against us.

top topics

join