It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.O.S. Here On ATS, Is This ATS In Distress?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Why does the "ATS Logo" have the Morse Code for S.O.S. which is ... --- ... crossed over it?

Is this a test that ATS has introduced for us like the Emergency Broadcast test signal?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e3b574633b4.gif[/atsimg]

Here is the image as I see it.

To the Admin and Moderators, my apologies if I interrupted something in progress.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Trust me I noticed, very much jsut when I signed it. And it's recent too.

I wonder what's going on here.

Ohh Mods!!!

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Since when is a distress signal part of a "game"?

Good thing your not a first responder of any type.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yep, I noticed it immediately after posting on a thread.

Then it got moved to BBQ.

Is this a game or is it a call for assistance?

S.O.S. is a universal distress call, after all.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I was of course referring to ATS playing a new game, not in the sense of "First Responder", because I know that this is a distress call, just like turning the American flag upside down is a signal for distress.

Second line, just for you.

Changed the title, just for you, Gools.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
that's weird just 4 days ago i posted that same signal in my signature.
-zoo

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Perhaps it has something to do with this...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Maybe ATS was raided by the FBI and their Offices and Servers were taken over by DHS to monitor potential threats to Homeland Security. As ATS was probably put under National Security Letter not to mention this.

In accordance with 18 U.S.C. 2709(c)(1), I certify that a disclosure of the fact that the FBI has sought or obtained access to the information sought by this letter may endanger the national security of the United States, interfere with a criminal, counterterrorism, or counterintelligence investigation, interfere with diplomatic relations, or endanger the life or physical safety of a person. Accordingly, 18 U.S.C. 2709(c)(1) and (2) prohibits you, or any officer, employee, or agent of yours, from disclosing this letter, other than to those whom disclosure is necessary to comply with the letter or to an attorney to obtain legal advice or legal assistance with respect to this letter.

Perhaps the S.O.S. in the Logo is their attempt to alert us without violating 18 U.S.C. 2709(c)(1) and (2).

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Perhaps, but it's not gotten THAT bad has it? For the staff to post a nice little SOS to keep us all guessing?

We all know SO rules with an iron keyboard.

Maybe it's a PEBCAK error.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think the ATS beacon is broadcasting to whoever can do so GOOD LUCK friends....god speed

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

It could very well be related to that.

reply to post by fraterormus

And, yes, it could be related to that as well, you just never know.

And, it could just about be anything else, I just know I noticed it immediately.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Last time we had one of those "shape up or ship out" threads by SO we got the black band, this time we get the SOS code, next time it will be an inverted ATS logo and and so on and so on. I would almost bet money thats the reason for the image...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I hope thats not the case
that would really stink.

its probably because of all the hate that's been flowing around as of late.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
didnt take long for that one.

This means that Skeptic and the rest are being held against their will in a Chinese fortune cookie factory they need help.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

It could of course be something like that.

I an attention to detail kind of person.

I notice tiny details and I see the "bigger picture" just as well.

reply to post by SLAYER69

Stop, I'm hurting from the laughter.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A clever attempt to make us realize how silly we've all been these past few months?

Hmm, You know, it's cause of stuff like this I love ATS. It's not just enough to tell us were bad, but we are going to be sent on a very fun goose chase, with probably a good 100 pages of discussion before a Mod slips up and tells us.

Keep it coming folks, let's get to the bottom of this thing

My money is still on PEBCAK.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
That's weird isn't it? I had just noticed that right before you posted this thread and I tried to click on it, yet nothing. S.O.S.? That's certainly a strange logo to be posted on this website considering it's a conspiracy website. Correct me if I'm wrong but this could only lead to many a conspiracy theory. Maybe it is a game or maybe something has gone awry in the wake of some sort of government control or raid. Then again maybe I'll wait 'till the ATS staff come out and give us the low-down on this logo before I start spouting out nonsensical claims. . .

[edit on 11-8-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I saw that and though to myself "that's not morse for A-T-S.."

Weird. I hope fraterormus is wrong...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Chances of it being a game are next to nill, they usually link to games via a horizontal link either below the navigation bar or at the footer, this is basically in the same general location as the black band was.

As for the DHS/BLAH takeover its not even necessary or prudent, its far easier to intercept packets before they even reach the ATS servers and store them for later viewing, completely transparent to the users of the site.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

I sure hope it's just something that was cooked up in regards to the "political climate" on ATS.

I wish no harm to anyone on ATS, Admin, or otherwise.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join