It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strontium 90 in your bones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is to do with a report that was suppressed for 40 years .
People born through the mid-sixties have 8 times the recommended adult"safe"level of Strontium 90 in their bones.
Apparently it was this report that led to the cessation of nuclear test bombs worldwide.
I would be interested to know more because I had a brother who died from Leukaemia in 1969.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I don't doubt your statement but do you have a credible link to the information?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Not sure how to do links but this info came up on site I searched on google under the heading Fallout in UK and Europe .It was printed in the Scotland on Sunday newspaper(credible newspaper).I'll go and search for it again and post up web site address.This story also affects U.S citizens as well.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by imhotep
I'll go and search for it again and post up web site address.

That would be an incredible discovery. I�m sure everyone reading this post would appreciate your attempt to find credible sources to substantiate your claims. Thanks�.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The EPA has a page on it but it seems to have been taken down.
Luckily, google kept a cached copy.

How do people come in contact with strontium-90?
Everyone is exposed to small amounts of strontium-90, since it is widely dispersed in the environment and the food chain. Dietary intake of Sr-90, however, has steadily fallen over the last 30 years with the suspension of nuclear weapons testing. People who live near or work in nuclear facilities may have increased exposure to Sr-90. The greatest concern would be the exposures from an accident at a nuclear reactor, or an accident involving high-level wastes.

How can strontium-90 affect people's health?
Strontium-90 is chemically similar to calcium, and tends to deposit in bone and blood-forming tissue (bone marrow). Thus, strontium-90 is referred to as a "bone seeker." Internal exposure to Sr-90 is linked to bone cancer, cancer of the soft tissue near the bone, and leukemia.

Risk of cancer increases with increased exposure to Sr-90. The risk depends on the concentration of Sr-90 in the environment, and on the exposure conditions.

Cached EPA site

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I searched the internet and found the article quoted below. Strontium 90 properties mimic calcium and therefore are deposited in bones and teeth, and have a half life of 28 years.

On another note maybe cow mutilations have something to do with measuring radiation levels

For several decades, the United States has been without an ongoing program measuring levels of fission products in the body. Strontium-90 (Sr-90) concentrations in 2089 deciduous (baby) teeth, mostly from persons living near nuclear power reactors, reveal that average levels rose 48.5% for persons born in the late 1990s compared to those born in the late 1980s. This trend represents the first sustained increase since the early 1960s, before atmospheric weapons tests were banned. The trend was consistent for each of the five states for which at least 130 teeth are available. The highest averages were found in southeastern Pennsylvania, and the lowest in California (San Francisco and Sacramento), neither of which is near an operating nuclear reactor. In each state studied, the average Sr-90 concentration is highest in counties situated closest to nuclear reactors. It is likely that, 40 years after large-scale atmospheric atomic bomb tests ended, much of the current in-body radioactivity represents nuclear reactor emissions.

RESOURCE

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
i found the link I read ,although specific to Scotland this report has relevance worldwide because test bombs were detonated worldwide.
Anyway heres the address-news.scotsman.com...

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Anyone interested should go to this site-
http;//news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=72452002
This is scary stuff.
Have also discovered Strontium 90 levels in teeth and bones reached a 30 year high in the late 1990's,in the U.S.
Perhaps this new Strontium has come from the French test bombs in the S.Pacific.
Or the Indian and Pakistani test bombs more recently.
Our governments have contaminated us all and it's time they are held responsible

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
ihmotep big homey i got a question how did this strontium get in children from the 60s bones

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Strontium 90 is a radioactive isotope of Strontium( soft silver-white metalic element)
The reason children from the sixties have HUGE concentrations of Str 90 in their bones is to do with nuclear fallout in food.
Animals ate irradiated grass ,mothers ate irradiated meat and drank irradiated water it worked its way through the food-chain into unborn babies.
Strontium then becomes concentrated in the bones when ingested.
The ramifications of this have yet to fully take place ,when these people reach 50-60 yrs old ( next 10-15 years) that's when many thousands will suffer from cancer.
This is an issue for the whole of the northern hemisphere because lots of countries suffered extensive fallout from nuclear test-bombs.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
okay i had a feeling it was something like that but wanted to be sure

top topics

join