It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are "birther's" rascists?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Are "birther's" rascists?

1,000 Cuts with Occam's Razor
Despite the fact that I am racially mixed (part Oriental); despite the fact that I have published both written columns and recorded podcasts wherein I have praised the American public for the truly color-blind vote cast last November, regardless of whether or not the victorious candidate is legally qualified to serve; despite the fact that I myself am among those who believe that The Constitution should be amended to permit Citizens who were not born on American soil to serve as President (but not retroactively); I still get hate mail accusing me of racism, or e
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.marchreport.com...

[edit on 10-8-2009 by skycopilot]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is the best, level-headed argument for the release of Barry Sotero's, woops, I mean Barack H. Obama's birth certificate I have ever read. It is purely logical and also based on law.

I simply cannot improve on what was said.

The fact that if one is asked to produce a birth certificate for, say, a driver's license, and cannot ( or refuses to do so), you will not be granted a license.

Wouldn't you say being president a slightly more significant pursuit than a driver?

Since the current constitution requires this, shouldn't the man in charge of "upholding" (I.E., enforcing) the constitution also OBEY the same law of the land he purports to lead?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I would be interested in reading this article. Too bad the link is missing. Oops

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I don't believe Birthers are racist.

I do believe most Birthers do not like the current administration based on how it's being run.

Yes some of those people would be die hard right wing neoconservatives.

There are many independents and democrats too that are questioning whether there is merrit to the Birth Certificate Issue.

Yes some of the people of all political stripes probably are not comfortable either that a black man is President.

I do think the majority of Birthers just have a academic curiousity and a sense of fairplay that tells them that it really isn't fair that they have to show their Birth Certificates to get jobs and other things that require proof of citizenship and absolute identification.

So in short, no the Birther movement is not a racist movement!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
What does labeling a whole group of people achieve?

Some may be racist, others are not. I'm sure there are hillbillies, college professors, strippers and nuns in there as well ...

At best they are hopeless romantics.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Factcheck.org verified Obama's birth certificate so Obama provided that.

What he never provided was the LONG FORM birth certificate.

People who ask about seeing the long form get called many names, racist is one of those names.

You can't say they are all racists, because one of the guys asking to see it is an African American, Dr Alan Keyes!!! (you can see him in the following video and he seems like a really smart guy to me, applause for Alan Keyes!).

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I voted for him in a PA primary back in '96.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I know many 'birthers' and these guys drop the n-bomb more than they blink their eyes.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It is simple, any one who disagrees with a black person or believes he or she is unable/ineligible to perform a certain task, or simply calls them black is a racist, Birthers included.

It goes without saying that no black person can be racist, because only black people have been the victims of racism. They should be able to run the country without opposition because the NAACP believes it is what they deserve, and shame on you for thinking otherwise, you racist.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

You can't say they are all racists, because one of the guys asking to see it is an African American, Dr Alan Keyes!!! (you can see him in the following video and he seems like a really smart guy to me, applause for Alan Keyes!).

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Arbitrageur]

Before I say this, I want to note that I do not think Mr keys is a racist.

There is a major flaw in your argument. A black person can be a racist just as anyone else can. Its even possible for a black person to be racist against black people. There are no rules on who can and can't be racist

I just wanted t get that out there because many people fail to see that.

I wouldn't say Keys isn't racist because he is black but because he has given me no reason to label him as such.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm sure some are racist and some aren't.

I think that presidents should have to verify their eligibility. But up till now, it hasn't been a requirement. If a law should be passed that eligibility must be proven, I doubt it would affect Obama, though. They can say from now on, presidential hopefuls must prove their eligibility, but I don't think they could make the sitting president oblige. Maybe a Supreme Court order. But people who are hoping for this kind of action to have an effect on Obama are going to be disappointed, I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Say what? The law currently in force (Constitution of the United States) says the President MUST have been born in the United States.

There is no need for a NEW law --- just enforce the one we have.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Some probably are.. majority are probably not...welcome to humanity where nothing is black or white(no pun intended).

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks, Dog. You often seem to glean the important parts unnoticed.

you know how you can tell with 100% accuracy if someone is a "birther"? Ask them. It's the only way to tell. If they agree, then they are. The same applies to neocons, neolibs, republicons, troothers, birthers, fatwats, obammatrons, and labels even further down the languilutionary scale. Yes, that's a word.

People that acribe to a common ideal rarely share a significant amount of other traits, and it's a tool move to imply so, and contrary to a debate that focuses on the issues.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks, Dog.

Alright, no one oppose him! He said dog in a directive way!

If you oppose him then you are a racist!

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

I know many 'birthers' and these guys drop the n-bomb more than they blink their eyes.

Just curious........... were the many that you've known racists before President Obama was elected, that is, before they were "birthers?"

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by skycopilot

I certainly don't see any connection or correlation to those who want to see Obama's official birth certificate and racism.

Let me tell you a little story about a person that was VERY famous back in the 1960's and 1970's. His name was Dr. Bob Harris. For over a decade he was the official weatherman for WCBS radio in NYC, the official weatherman for the New York Times, and the official weatherman for the Long Island Railroad. In addition, he was the weatherman over that time period on several NY TV stations. He contributed quite a bit to meteorology. In fact, he was the inventor of the THI- temperature Humidity Index- the reading that combined the temperature and humidity to come up with what we call today the discomfort index. Quite a person. Then one day in 1979 it all came crashing down.

I'll let the article tell you the rest of the story:

www.people.com...

For New York weatherman Bob Harris, January 18 was a day to remember. "It was windy and very cold," he recalls, "but it couldn't match the terror in my soul." Before the day was out, Harris was fired as meteorologist for both the New York Times and WCBS radio in New York. After 10 years as a professional weatherman, Harris had been caught in a serious lie. He had never earned the doctorate in geophysics from Columbia University that he had claimed. In fact, he had nothing but a high school diploma. "I was so ashamed," says Harris, 39. "I was publicly disgraced. I went from $75,000 a year to zip. I had lost everything."

A native New Yorker, Harris grew up fascinated by hurricanes and thunderstorms. After marrying his high school sweetheart, Judith, he took a variety of college science courses and worked odd jobs to help her through college and graduate school. Then, at 27, he began to feel life was passing him by. He presented himself to CBS meteorologist Gordon Barnes and within an hour was hired for a tryout. "Why I ever dreamed I could pull it off I'll never know," Harris admits. "Let's just say I had a combination of chutzpah and stupidity." Eight weeks later he went on the air as Dr. Bob Harris. "Nobody ever asked for credentials," he explains, "and I was thrilled to get the chance. Of course, if I hadn't known what I was doing I would have gotten caught like gangbusters."

Ironically, even after his dismissal, following an anonymous letter to his CBS bosses, no one questioned Harris' competence. Desolated, he made a public apology on the Today show. Then, unexpectedly, the Long Island Rail Road decided to retain him as its forecaster, and radio station WNEW offered him another chance on the air. "I could look at this with a jaundiced eye and say, 'They just want to hype their ratings,' " says Harris. "I prefer to think they believe in my ability." Today he broadcasts forecasts daily from his Oakland, N.J. home and appears weekends on local TV. "When I was fired it was like getting hit with a bat," he recalls. "It takes some people five years of analysis to go through the catharsis I've experienced in three weeks."

The point is that NO ONE questioned his credentials. He never had to provide official document attesting to his degrees.

For those that think that racism is involved, or that asking for Obama's legitimate birth certificate, is wrong, please try to REMEMBER this true story.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by contemplator

Just curious........... were the many that you've known racists before President Obama was elected, that is, before they were "birthers?"

Nope always been racists. The birther movement is nothing but a 'politically correct' code word for racist behavior.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I am not a racist.

And I fail to understand the principle upon which we must accept that the official document remain concealed.

"Birther?... I think I prefer 'romantic'.... (thanks Schro!
)

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Maxmars]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join