It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
while down at the colo. river this weekend my wife and I took many photos and this was one

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d8ff3e4ed63.jpg[/atsimg]

would anyone be able to help with this...none of the other photos had anything at all remotely similar to this..thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here's a better view:

I have a question, were you smoking a cigarette when you took this picture? If so you could have caught the smoke in a glare. It could be a number of other things, but lets start with the basics

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
guess one has to look at the photo at the ats media or my profile as some of the photo was cut out when I embedded it...sorry

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by glevel

Not to worry mate, I fixed it

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Before we indulge on what this could be, it may be a smudge on your camera- a fingerprint or something like that, or the camera malfunctioning.
Whatever it is, its cool- although, I couldn't really see how it could be like a spirit because I've never know or seen them in this form....

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

...no...no smoking at all, and we had not lit our campfire yet...and none of the other photos had anything on them,

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by glevel

Did you touch the lens as stated above by summer? You could have caught a glare from the sun and water combined. That does happen a lot around water. I've seen that happen A LOT, its not uncommon. Especially around the snow environments, which is not your case, but it often happens their as well. I would say its not a spirit, but glare that turned out very nicely

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by summerdreary

I do not know what it is...none of the other photos had anything on them...took several around that time period on sat nite...nothing appears anywhere, and the next picture around 630 am sunday has nothing but the water and ducks i took a photo of.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I am hoping you are right...I love to go camping there as it is so remote and peaceful...it just weirded me out ....I would hate to give that spot up.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

thanks for the fix too..I was clueless how to do it
second line.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by glevel

Just looks like something too close to the lense to me, a bug, hair, I don't know but I wouldn't automatically jump to conclusions and assume it's something paranormal.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by glevel

Why are you worried about giving the spot up? Spirits don't bother or hurt people. No one has ever died from a ghost. Don't fear them, negtive emotions and feelings only bring negative results.

Its cool none the less though, I would get that picture framed..lol.. Seriously, it would make a nice conversation piece.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
right on....it is more interesting than the ducks and the vultures I photographed... I am glad it is nothing...the very idea of spirits makes me nervous. Thanks for the input.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Looks like it could be long hair, a camera strap, or something else. If you're not using an SLR camera, you don't know what's hanging in front of your lens or flash when you're taking the photo.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Fog from breathing out? Was it cold enough for that?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

lol...only if you consider 100+ degrees cold. It was around 115 down on the river that day, and it was still quite warm when I took the picture.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The usual explanation put forward by photographic experts when viewing this type of anomoly is that the camera strap has slightly dropped in front of the lens. Your anomoly is in the right place for this if you consider that most cameras have the strap attached to the right hand side of the camera, and most people who take pictures simply have the strap drapped over the back of their hand or hold it with their fingers.

Could that be it?

top topics

join