It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 10th crop circle, the owl

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

So did you examine the hands of this alleged/self proclaimed cc maker?He ought to show some damage,eh?Wot with all that rain he'd be working in.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by trueforger
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

So did you examine the hands of this alleged/self proclaimed cc maker?He ought to show some damage,eh?Wot with all that rain he'd be working in.

Sorry, is that a serious question? It doesn't matter anyway because when I met him he wasn't into creating crop circles he was doing the lecture circuit talking about underground bases and tunnels. One thing I can vouch for however, he may conceited, he may be full of himself but he's no liar.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wh00pS

Originally posted by Graphix10
reply to post by ALLis0NE

"The Discovery Channel commissioned five aeronautics and astronautics students from MIT in 2002 and asked them to create crop circles. Crop circle researcher Nancy Talbott consulted with the Discovery team and advised that there are three common identifiers that set “real” crop circles apart from man-made or faked ones.

According to Talbott, unexplained crop circles feature elongated apical plant stem nodes, expulsion cavities in the plant stems and the presence of 10–50 micrometre diameter magnetized iron spheres in the soils, distributed linearly. The team failed to create a crop circle that met these three requirements."

I realize there are hoaxers out there, and many of them are very good, but these are the things that are unexplained to me. You can't explain them and neither can any other debunker.

Nancy Talbott is as mad as a box of frogs, she claims that crop circles are the earth speaking to us and will lead us all to a higher conciousness. She isnt even a scientist, she is just a co-ordinator for BLT research.
Even the BLT study states that all the anomolies can be created naturally but all the blind faith believers forget to state that when posting thier only "evidence" for circles not being man made.

A BLT is a sandwich....please stay on topic.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
I have never seen anything that couldn't be explained. All I have seen is a whole group of people thinking that it couldn't be explained.

Careful. We have not discovered everything there is to know. There is much knowledge that we have that is incomplete and far from perfect..

I understand that.. What I am trying to say is that "something else" is going on, and it CAN be explained without jumping to the "alien" conclusion.

What are your theories then?

You must understand there is also groups of people who will make up stories to get mentioned on TV or newspaper, or to get some attentions, and or make money.
Also understand there is a lot of not so intelligent people who will also jump to conclusions, and make "omg this can't be explained" remarks before getting any REAL input.

Absolutely, I am quite aware of this.

A pilot flying a tour over Stonehenge returns to the airport, and then half an hour later flies back to Stonehenge and then notices the crop circle. He says "I didn't notice it before, and I almost sure it wasn't there, I think".
Key words were "pretty sure" and "I think"... the truth is, he most probably just didn't notice it the first time, and he even acknowledge the fact that he probably didn't see it the first flight, and only noticed it the second flight.

Even then that crop circle is made with nothing but circles, and can probably be made in 45 minutes by multiple people.

Entirely plausible. However, there were apparently various other reports of people confirming that there had been no strange activity in the field throughout the day, including a farm worker, Stonehenge security guard and the whole project would have been quite easy for the many tourists visiting Stonehenge to notice, considering the adjacent field is entirely slightly uphill - although no pictures to support..

The above image IS FAKE. That is a HOAX.

I touched on this issue in a former post.

The problem is you are reading words from someone who has no clue. It's like a news reporter talking about a murder that they have no clue about.
"We have reports that the murder weapon can not be found in the area".... and they didn't even look themselves...

When I stepped on them, they immediately showed traces of my own footprints, which were at least five centimetres deep, and crushed the carrot leaves into the ground. However, inside the formation, there were no footprints anywhere, and the carrot plants seemed completely untouched, although they lay withered against the ground, almost as if they had been cooked. It was quite a contrast compared with the surrounding plants, which were of a fresh green colour, standing firmly upright.

One receives the impression that he was there to document the crop formation at the time. Sure, his perspective and interpretation of the event may be up for some debate but he actually was there to look for himself.

Most crop circle makers really do worry about leaving tracks behind... I can show you circle makers making comments about it. They try hard to hide and erase footsteps.

Naturally. I wouldn't have expected them to be completely clueless judging by the fact that they can create some of these designs...

Here is a very good link about the dead fly enigma...
www.cicap.org...
That death for the flies is caused by "ntomophthora muscae".

Some detailed information there. Admittedly, Haselhoff put a fair spin on this report in his book. At the time I didn't go to any other sources to confirm his claims. Obviously, there is more to it.

It is the who, what, how and why that causes people to jump to the "alien" conclusion when they can't figure it out. Which I think is REALLY close minded.... because they are giving up and closing their mind, and explaining it away by blaming some unseen race of aliens, or forces.

I'll give you that. Surely you understand many people's incessant need to believe in these things, if not for any other purpose than some excitement in their lives.. which isn't a bad thing - it's all in good fun for them. It's just that people aren't really being given an alternative other than "humans made them" and when these designs appear so intricate and large and seemingly out of no where and the media runs with the ET idea, what else would people think?

If they were intelligent enough to understand our perspective, and to know the higher meaning to some of our symbols, that would mean they are smart enough to just learn one of our several languages like English, and leave a pure English message in the crops. But they don't....

If they were doing such a thing, I don't think I could personally say what their intentions were in doing so. And I doubt many other people could either. Well, it's not that we couldn't work it out but, if they are of a higher intelligence, it would be assumed that they probably know more than we do, and therefore would have reasons for doing what they do. All hypothetical, of course.

You are right, it did bore me. I am at a state of mind where your thoughts are more close-minded to me than anything, like you have already made up your mind...

Perhaps I am in a constant state of mind where I can see clearly all the sides to a story. However, that doesn't make me a fence-sitter. I hold an opinion but do not set it in concrete. I can remain open to any and all worthy explanations while still exercising a strong point of view. And I can admit when I have been mistaken.
The point in all of this is that I feel I have not been presented thus far with any satisfactory amount of information that would sway my perspective on this issue. You raise some very interesting points that I will keep in mind and undoubtedly explore further, but as it is, I remain unconvinced that this phenomenon is largely due to human activity. Absolutely, there are a very many who have and are making a living off of fooling thousands, perhaps millions of people with their clever artwork.
But there exists "unexplained" anomalies, along with hundreds of unique stories out there who do not fit into the 'cookie-cutter explanations' of crop formations that skeptics would have you believe, and that are just begging to be found in the headlines of the news or front page of the paper.

Actually crop circles bore me.. because there is much more complex and interesting things to learn.

That's fantastic, I agree with you. But I would have to say, don't be cocky about it. Other people are learning as well and it is really all just a quest for knowledge. If something sounds completely ridiculous to you, it may be the one thing that is giving another person hope or expanding their mind for the first time. It's all well and good that you've moved on up, but it's in bad taste to make those still behind you to feel like idiots.

Did you know that if "aliens" figured out the equation for gravity, they wouldn't even need space ships? They wouldn't even need physical bodies, nor would they even need to communicate using physical objects. They would have cracked the secret of secrets, and could do many amazing things..

It's possible that their perspective of reality could be quite different to yours or mine.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join