It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from a new member.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hello to everyone on ATS (both lurking and active)!

I have taken the name “Mr Mask” for various reasons and hope it doesn’t make eyes roll instantly.

I didn’t choose the name in hopes to invoke mystery or a cloak-n-dagger feel to those reading this now. I took the name simply because I make masks as a hobby and It “feels right” having my title here reflect that in some way.

I am writing this to introduce myself (as one should do once entering any den).

Here goes…

I’ve been very interested in many of the topics discussed on these boards for a very long time. I assume it all started in the early 90’s reading “Behold A Pale Horse” in highschool and it has never stopped from there.

Like many people across the globe, a creeping paranoia has grown rock solid in my heart and mind in thinking “not everything is as THEY want us to see it”. Like many more, I am surrounded with friends and family who wave off any speculation on subjects that touch on anything not mainstream or fluff.

Some of my friends say I am obsessed with searching for answers to my questions. I don’t mind that.

I spend a lot of time reading various articles and websites that seek to answer the sort of questions I have. This site has been a favorite of mine for almost two years. ATS has been the best “conspiracy site” I have found and now I am joining it officially.

Here’s three details I feel are important to share with anyone interested in reading (or replying to) anything I write on this website.

1-I wanted to join this site many months ago. But due to paranoia I never did. But now I think everything is collapsing around the entire human race…and "now" I don’t care who tags, flags or bags me using a site like this. The world is waking up to smell the coffee and the years of feeling "alone on this" are over.

2-I see a lot of hostile people looking to destroy or dismantle people’s posts here with little respect for the feelings of the OP. I will not be part of such behavior. I am someone who feels very “at peace” with peace.

3-I can’t spell. I have flaws. I make mistakes and owe up to them as often as I can. I won’t be posting often so you won’t have to suffer much from my endless rambling or meandering thought processes.

With that all said…I would like to end this with saying-

THANK YOU ATS for the standards you present and maintain.
THANK YOU superior posters who almost ALWAYS get the info in the end.

And THANK YOU for even reading this.

Mr Mask.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Hello from a new member.

After reading your intro, I almost feel that I should apologize for being a lesser lifeform. But... being that as it may (or not), welcome to ATS, Mr. Mask and remember: any small measure of perfection is often not so much in what you say, but in what you mean when you say it

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Aww...seriously thanks.

And I don't think there are lesser humans, so we are good on that level.

Thanks for being the very first person I have had any contact with on ATS.

Be safe and gain wealth!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Welcome Mr. Mask.

Im glad you found ATS and I hope you have fun here.

From reading your description about paranoia I would like to offer you one piece of advice. You will start to see more of what you focus on in life and especially on ATS. As a new member I started to focus on a lot of doom and gloom threads but eventually found that all it was doing was making me more paranoid and filled with fear. There is no harm in looking, but becoming attached and feeding your fears will not help you in anyway.

There are a bunch of members here who focus on the good and the betterment of humanity. Remember you will start to see more of what you focus on in your everyday life. If you constantly read about and think about the world coming to a brutal end, you will start to see and feel this in your everyday life. It is a choice so choose wisely my friend.

Love and light,
BTL

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thank you for your wise words of warning.

I do try and adopt that sort of thinking in my life.

But...sad to say...there is a huge weight on my mind and, focused on it or not, it grows.

I am aware of what you mean though, and I thank you for attempting to guide me in that direction.

All love, be safe and gain wealth.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Welcome Brotheren hope you find all the information and more you seek here its a nice site fool of open minders ENJOY YOUR INTERACTIONS HERE.....

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Mr. Mask!

On the surface of it, you seem far too sensible and balanced to properly enjoy the myriad of ideas here..

kidding, I'm kidding..

Enjoyed your opening salvo, and look forward to your future offerings.

Lots to see here, and many of us are delightfully abnormal. Glad you registered.

cheers

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hello and a warm welcome to you Mr Mask! I think, from your opening post, you will be a great addition to the ATS.

Once again, a warm welcome to you.

See you around!

-Regensturm

top topics

join