It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been invaded

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well frankly I think heated debate is exactly what's needed.
I mean, this IS a conspiracy sites, and what do conspiracies proclaim time after time? "there is no hope"...."your voice no longer counts"...."aliens ate my dog".
I have to admit. The liberals do seem to be a bunch of stuck up panzies, but as someone who only got involved in this site like eight months ago, I've nothing to compare it to.
remember.."I'm tired of every thread being about Israel/Palestine?"
Remember that?
That wasn't so long ago.
What people speak about here is what matters a lot, and the proof is manifest in that like-minded people aren't getting along...what's wrong with that?

It wasn't so long ago I thought the bible was teh word of God, and without some insults and some verbal goings-on, I might have never found Jesus

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I am sorry you are taking it as an attack. It is not. I never attack a person, but I do point out when something is wrong. Our nation is going in the wrong direction.

It has to stop.

Want to know what I did yesterday on the job? Some 53 year old male took two bottles of pills and parked in the back of his foreclosed property with a gun so no one could stop his suicide. I was there to help package him up in the ambulance.

I KNOW the right especially never bats an eye if it comes to tax breaks for corporations or even bank bailouts. When it comes to the fellow citizen being thrown out on the street because a 6% interest rate went to 12% they are like *yawn*its his fault for getting an ARM he was trying to live beyond his means.

I am on the FRONT line of this world blowing apart...I KNOW the score.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I've been around awhile and the main change I see in ATS is that a bunch of the real wise, funny, inspiring, iconoclastic, cutting edge thinkers have either been banned or bailed.

But it's still the best entertainment around and the price is right.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Reply to "Razimus"

You raise excellent points and I agree with you 100% and well written.

I honestly don't think the OP meant any harm to any particular group as he was more vocal about how the ATS paradigm has shifted in the current times from what it's core use to be.

You are absolutely correct that no one should come in and denounce other's beliefs and catagorized them as something less or substandard.

All people deserve respect and that's how I try conduct myself in public or in an online forum.

Excellent post and I star your efforts.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

But it's still the best entertainment around and the price is right.

It certainly is isnt it.

I do like ATS and as mrwupy said school will be back in session soon and it will get better again.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I have been on these boards for over four years now and I am getting so I cant stand to read anything here anymore.

This used to be the best site on the net for me. It had like minded people and enough skeptics to keep it all fun and interesting.

Since the last election though it has been simply invaded by the mindless mainsteam media drones/zombies and is not the same as it was.

It is not only not the same but every thread that has a slight political bend gets this flood of these mainstream zombies spewing the brainwashed crap the corporate think tanks want them to. I want my old ATS back. The place that I came to in order to get the information and balanced discussion of thinking people.

Most of these zombies seem to be the hard Christian right that have ruined almost everything in our country and let the corporations do what they want since the 80's. They are like a plague in our nation and now they are infecting ATS.
:shk:

[edit on 9-8-2009 by LoneGunMan]

I SIMPLY CANNOT DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING YOU SAID!

We have been invaded since the election by people are just mindless and brainwashed to a point where theyre flooding threads and mentioning mindless heaps of BULL****.

I feel like some of us are being sensored by a group whose out to disinform the public. Like always...

S&F!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
"aliens ate my dog".

OMG now that is a subject worthy of ATS!

A star for your contribution, my friend.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The OP's thread has become exactly what he complains about.

This is nothing more than a gripe-fest about the steady influx of people ATS has experienced since its inception.

Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Good thread,

the right wingers always do ruin the fun. I had a good time on this site while it lasted...but thanks to racists and Obama haters...this site has gone down the tubes.

Good job idiots.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
i think that ATS is for open minded people...there have been an influx of closed minded people with an agenda. i am guilty of actually responding to these people, and i think that is the problem. but i am working to simply ignore their posts. their particular level of discourse should be reserved for small petulant children, and not critical thinking adults.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Thumbs up for speaking the truth and telling it like it is!
You sir definitely get a star from me.
Thank you

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I never really post here....in fact I have been a lurker for a while. I saw this post and had to respond.

While I don't know too much what ATS was like in the 'old days', I do know how I feel about it now.

Here's my take:

1) There are threads started by people in constant panic that meme the term "NWO" obsessively where it doesn't have any meaning. The "NWO" does everything and is everywhere.

2) I thought Right Wing Fundie element here was normal. That's half of the reason why I didn't participate, is because I always thought this was a Right Wing site. And the other day I heard a snippet of the ATS radio show, and I guess one of the hosts was fawning over how much he liked SARAH PALIN and the like.

I'm no fan of Obama, I'm a Libertarian at heart, but I really was put off by his other words. He seemed like a COMPLETE A-1 Jesus Juicer. And I thought ATS followed that thought judging by many comments and threads started. I mean, these don't even seem like your Christian Libertarian types, they seem even MORE right winger nutsy than that.

3) Maybe ATS has been "invaded" , like I said, I don't know how it was before. But are you shocked really? Alex Jones was staying moderate for a long while, but this year he turned up his John Birch volume, and look at the Christian element he's attracted. THEY are the ones that 'infiltrated' and will continue to infiltrate any movement or discussion about politics. You can NEVER keep Wingers from injecting their frothing myths into politics. Peeps like Alex Jones give them even MORE full license to do it.

4) I've also noticed threads here that start with words like "Red Alert" or "OMG Breaking News" or " WARNING" or "Get ready it's coming". Now think, who else talks like that? What kind of people would go beyond your average concerned citizen, into straight 'sky is falling' mode? I bet you my wallet that it's mostly panicked Alex Jones fans. Why are threads like that even bumped up and rewarded? I look at the stuff starred and flagged here, and I think this place is a parade of stupid.

I haven't seen many threads discuss facts or evidence. I've mostly seen people just giving WILD speculation over impossible to prove theories. I mean, I guess being 'conspiratorial' is the point here, but don't facts need to be addressed. Most of us believe we are being lied to about most things on a major scale I think, but when you inject pure theory, the bible and prophecy, morality and dogmatism, Xtian thought, myth, unproven theories.... you make ATS and anyone following those issues, like nutcases.

Now the question is, why would a site encourage that? And if a site didn't encourage it, why is it coming about in such a huge fashion? Is it infiltration? I would tend to think yes, after remembering seeing the 9/11 truth movement be almost completely coopted by Jesus heads. Same thing with the Bailout/Tax protest movement, winger types infiltrated that and made us look like wingers all around. Same with the Birther issue, Wingers flock to that.

Look at the evidence and think. Are these John Birch types + Wingers that loved Bush for years joining forces. Or do we have paid bloggers infiltrating and bringing us back to the Right Wing fold now that Bush is gone, Obama is Pres., and Obama's policies(Bush's policies) are panning out to be duds?

If the idea was to make ATS look bad.. it worked. If the idea was to make the Patriot movement look bad....it also worked. If the idea was to make any 'Progressive", Liberal, Agnostic, Atheist, Non Religious, Scientific, Fact Based Researcher, Evidence based person want to go somewhere else and give up....it worked.

Every 'movement' I have seen for years, ends up always being co-opted by Wingers. It never fails. And it has amazed me that some have waited till now to say something. More light should be shed on this.

Star for you

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Just wanted to point out how odd it is the number of posts in these forums saying "if you don't like go elsewhere", or "shut up and deal with it" etc.. are from accounts registered in 2009 or so.
Just found that inrteresting but odd.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Good thread,

the right wingers always do ruin the fun. I had a good time on this site while it lasted...but thanks to racists and Obama haters...this site has gone down the tubes.

Good job idiots.

Yes, does seem ATS has become just ONE of the online political battlefields frequented by individuals (many of whom receive some form of payment, imo) who are engaged in 'forming and shaping' opinion online, according their own (and their party's) agenda.

'Take it to the streets' has now morphed into taking it online

There's huge money in politics, obviously. Many use politics as the basis for their own profits. Politicians are for sale, quite often. It's money, money, power and money.

The 'anti-Obama' and 'overthrow Obama' groups will stoop to any dirty trick. They believe 'everyone else' is stupid and can be swayed by online rhetoric, scandal-mongering, downright lies verging on defamation.

And they'll do all in their power to have those who stand up to their standover tactics removed, discredited, censored, in this and other fora.

Only way is to have lots of eggs in many baskets. ATS is far from being the only 'alternative news' site and forum. People will vote with their feet, or in online terms, with their mouse.

When ATS fails to meet expectations, people will go elsewhere. Numerous once-busy forums are ghost-towns these days. TPTB may control forums but they're unable to control those who patronize forums, who will simply move on to a forum more to their liking. The less active members a forum has, the less it's value to those who abuse forums for their own political ends. If they keep it up, they could be preaching to a very small crowd here in ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I want to ignore them also...just yesterday I swore I was going to ignore them.

Then I went to work and got toned out for a suicide attempt the one I mentioned in the an earlier post.

On that scene with this man that worked hard his entire life dieing by his own hand because the bank took his house over an interest rate I couldn't help but think about the zombies that just don't care.

If it was a corporation like an insurance company they would care but it was just a fellow American. His life's hopes and dreams slipped away and then we witnessed his life slip away so some fat cat can get fatter.

The Zombies would have yawned and said "his fault!"

I am for the people.

I love you all no matter what you do, but sometimes what some do gets to me. This guy had kids and grandkids and he saw no way out for his family but for him to take the hit and hope the life insurance company paid.

53 year old man that was a good person.

It just has to stop. We have to stand shoulder to shoulder against the corporate tyrrany that has lead us to where we are now.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdog36
Just wanted to point out how odd it is the number of posts in these forums saying "if you don't like go elsewhere", or "shut up and deal with it" etc.. are from accounts registered in 2009 or so.
Just found that inrteresting but odd.

Hahahaha! Account registered this morning, 2009.

"Just deal with it."

lol

Good point, bigdog36!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
and I'm sick of people that insult religion and the right

this is just a troll post..

you'd swear goons or chans are all over here now.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

Well I for one am Anti Obama. But it has nothing to do with ridiculous Dogma, 'feelings', hatred, racism, or based on myth.

Discussing the facts of a corrupt Government is one thing. Telling me how it related to Jesus, a talking snake, or a burning Bush...is another.

And I wonder how many ID's here come straight out of Israel. You want to talk about infiltration? Their cyber squads are ruthless and they have a vested interest in swaying American's political beliefs.

Think about them in league with the very factual and disclosed Pentagon cyber forces, Oil interests, disinformation campaigners, bank interests. Places like ATS would be a major ground to attack.

But after I heard the radio host the other day, I think the door here at ATS is wide open.....if you catch my drift.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by carnival_of_souls2047

Well then in that case this isn'ta new problem. The isreal palestin issue was at least, if not more so, distracting. My problem is all thse vets comin' around talkin' about how it was back in the day....then you never hear from them again.

ats belongs to:

phage
jkrog
schroedinger's dog
warrenb
skyfloating
.....and king9072 or whatever even tho he hates me kuz i luv jesus....Joking!!!!

but my point is....it's all well and good to come along and whine and complain...myself, i'm an organizer...i organizer the doers, and there's a lot of doers on this site that blow my mind, and some of them, yes, SOME of them, talk about politics.

if it wasn't important, for instance, there would be nothing to talk about......

all others have no right to bitch.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdog36

I didn't say "shut up" and deal with it. I said "deal with it."

There is a reason I said that and it has nothing to do with when I registered. Yes, I registered THIS name THIS year.
The reason I say this was already spoken about at length on page one.

Knock off the paranoia, um'kay?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join