It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we going to do about our lying governments?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It seems to me that every government is lying to its people.

It seems to me that every government in the world is corrupt.

There is not much that we can do, because the next government we vote in will be corrupt as well.

It is the people who have the power versus the people who do not.

So, what can we do?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
It seems to me that when when a candidate running for prime minister says a buncha bullpoop and then gets elected and then doesn't follow through on his claims, everyone goes don't worry it's just politics? since when is lying just politics? these people are controlling are lives and every election we are lied to and we seem to not care because it's just politics. What are we going to do about this. . . it infuriates me.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I have no reply, because this is something we just cannot solve.

If we stopped voting, they would still put in the person they wanted.

And if we keep voting, they will put in the person they want.

So I have to say that the powerful people will win.

P.S. Do not have the H1N1 vaccine.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Politics=lying.

That is the problem.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

You have to understand that the only reason the government exists is to lie - that is their fundamental purpose in life. They lie about the nature of reality and of good and evil - they lie to us in order to establish laws when in fact your imagination is the only limit to what you can accomplish here. The laws they create are simply a physically enforced mandatory handicap the general population is subjected to in order to amplify the power of those very same acts when the government performs them. Through laws and control the Government can thus establish a monopoly on any act declared illegal.

Through regulations and codes and laws the governments of the world have effectively been reducing the common populations conception of what is possible in the world. Through fear they begin shaving away at mans capacities, rights, and possibilites... they are defining what it means to be a human.

What are you going to do about it? You can either join the game of attempting to take over everything through the brutal tactics proven through history to be most effective, or you can attempt to create a game of your own ... likely one no one will play or even acknowledge.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by illusionincarnate

Yes, as you say, there are ruling forces that will not give up.

Jesus said, "Let no man rule over you" but that is all we do.

And even if you do not believe in Jesus - this is crap - why do we just bow down to these corrupt people?

Because we, apparently, have no choice.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It's human nature, if we didn't have a heriarchy, we'd have clans or families. The majority of us are born to be led, and I believe the key to maintaining control and power, is the percieved "truth". Lying then, becomes an important tool in keeping the status quo.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

We DO only have clans/families - the rich ones.

They are ruling the world over.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

zey must pay.... zey vill all pay.....in ze end.....

*scary laugh*

sorry, the forum was getting too serious for me.

what to do indeed. well, first everyone maybe should try to be nice to each other and animals, and stop fighting wars for these people.

then if we could convince the x billion extremely religious people on the planet not to kill or fight other extremely religious people, even if their god (of whatever description) tells them its a good thing to do, that would be a good start, and we could all breathe a little easier...

then we need to set ourselves up aiming to be self sufficient. Monsanto (aka, satan) wants to control the global food supply (in my opinion) and put gm crops everywhere ... gm seeds... if you grow your own food you wont be reliant on the economy (which seems to be likely to collapse in a puff of smoke at any second) or on these guys for life and death things like food and water. Then if people can generate their own power for cheap (www.power4home.com - might be an ok site - i havent tried their method yet tho) they will be even less dependent on those in control.

then stop consuming. they want you to spend money on c...p you dont need. wear your clothes till they wear out, dont buy stuff you dont need. everytime you do, you help them and hurt some child in the third world. (by the way, i am not claiming perfection at all here - im just saying what i THINK we should all be doing). they want to make money. cut off their money supply as much as possible.

eat healthy - cuz they want you to get sick. research alternative health and correct diet. dont eat the poison they want you to eat. you sick and on drugs makes money for drug companies and isnt great for you either.

try to convert other people into doing all this, and into researching and questioning everything they are up to, instead of blindly accepting whatever the news says as the gospel truth.

give a damn about animals and people. Dont eat caged chicken meat or eggs. Dont eat pork if you know the pigs are likely to have suffered. The karma will only come back to get you via cancer or heart disease. too much meat (particularly red meat) can be v. bad for you. eating more vegetarian is actually healthier. (dont believe me = you can research it .e.g the china study by dr colin campbell)

i think most important is to pass on this new way of thinking. maybe they cant fight all of us... maybe if there is a force of good strong enough they cant fight it; thats what id be hoping for. (i wonder if maybe some nice ets would come to assist? that would be good... if we were worth assisting maybe. who knows?) sure its all star wars stuff, but i like that stuff..

oh and at some point i think these guys - particularly the evil ones among them who have commited various crimes - some against women, children etc... many leaders/people in positions of power are actually criminals and terrible people) need some re-education lets say. how about they spend the remainder of their lives (i am not at all sure some of them deserve to live however) doing physical labour and work for the rest of the society they turned their backs on... like planting gardens and building things of use. They could do with a dose of humility and understanding that they are not removed from the rest of us, whatever they may think.

we are all, one, arent we? >..... in that we are all part of nature, which is linked together through cause and effect. actions affect others causing reactions which come back and affect you eventually.

so back to my initial statement....

zey vil pay....zey vil all pay.....

[edit on 8-8-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Nice try, but we are stuffed, basically.

Sorry to be such a bringer of gloom and doom.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Oscitate

We DO only have clans/families - the rich ones.

They are ruling the world over.

And they subvert governments in order to perpetuate their "legal" claims to own us..

Take a metric ruler and measure the short side of a dollar bill...

Look closely at your measurement, you will find the US dollar bill to have a width of precisely 66.6 millimeters.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
You know what makes a change? Revolution by the people.

You know what makes change impossible? Telling 300 million people they can "vote" their choice of representative in office if they want change.

You know what infuriates me? Seeing our gov't, which is supposed to be a representative gov't, lie about how these people get elected. Then telling the public, "You can make a change by voting". Bullcrappy. (sorry mods)

Voting won't make a change. And QUIT SAYING WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING!

WE CAN! We have to fire EVERY LAST ONE of the people in D.C. and start over. Oh wait, we've let them go for so long and so far, they wrote laws that forbid us do rise up and terminate their employment!

We ARE screwed.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seataka

Yes, they will pay in the end, but meanwhile, families have to feed their children, and these people could not care less if children are dying.

Which reminds me, because I usually avoid this subject because I always cry so much - what about all the starving people in this world?
The rich people could save them, but they don't care.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

well, you could say we are all stuffed anyway, ultimately, since we are all doomed to die.

so seeing as we're all gonna die, whats the harm in trying to make something out of existance, even if we're not sure if there's any point to it or not.

i think we may as well fight them... its a pasttime, what else are you gonna do? if there's no point to being here, i wud still fight them, becuz even if you're doomed anyway, i still think the only thing u can do is try to do what you think is right. Also i see it as quality of life. they are really interfering with my quality of life right now. i dont particularly want to work at a crappy job like a slave so they can get richer, so even if we're doomed, im still gonna fight them, becuz they give me the s...ts. and the above methods were some of the ways i see as possible to fight them... although obviously if someone is attacking you or your family i think you have to defend yourself.

one way might be, if enough people could get organized who think this way, then organize themselves into groups who are prepared to defend themselves if they are attacked. of course you'd need enough people to wake up for this to work possibly - a lot of people would have to have an epiphany. but i think if ENough people have an epiphany we could get somewhere. they have the nukes but we have the numbers... potentially...

but i do agree, it does look bad.

forgive me for trying to be positive...jeez... if you think you're defeated then you're defeated already arent you?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Yes, because the people will not rise up in opposition.

So what can you do?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Get people fired up. Go around and yell in everyone's ear to quit being nieve and wake up!

Do you know how many people just want to live, like a sheep? Just following the leader, in this case, our gov't? I can't even explain how many people I've talked to that say "What can I do?" or "I can't do anything". YES WE CAN! It starts with telling people to wake up away from the reality that TPTB crams down your throat.

Our founding fathers would be jumping out of their graves and slapping all of us in the face for letting it get this bad. Seriously!

Im at work and they are yelling about me typing so Ill get back later.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
What Americans always do in the face of a challenge.. we kick butt... and they are relying on us following these rediculous laws they are passing...
I think I and the rest of America is wanting a defining line... a act so outragious it will ignite a week of de-governmenting government.
with a show of force with every minor encounter... is the only way.... you see they want 6 on 1 and they win every time... now 1 or 2 or 10 versus 500 suddenly the Law is Just... so every time you see the Law enforcing do the rest of America a Favor and stop and observe... its still a free country just dont enterfear with the justice and dont get involved just observe. and witness. maybe they will get message and really change things. we need to change their plans again, everytime we do we learn something else... like the police are being brainwashed that they are not Americans and they dont have to follow the law. I dont know how this was accomplished. but they clearly could care less about the people they serve. thats my impression and with every passing month we have a polarized view point backed up with video, witnesses == etc... lets see what the response is with a Citizen Overseer.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Yeah yeah yeah yeah,

My dead father tried to do new things - got taunted etc, but actually enabled a few new things after he died (that's how it goes - if you are a pioneer, you don't get to see it) - how mean is that?

So, how many people would follow? waiting...waiting...yawn.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
There will come a point when any trust in politics is completely gone, and we are fast approaching that point now in the UK.

The next generation will likely be so disaffected they won't want to vote, and those remaining who have no educated opinion on how government has been corrupt in recent years won't know how to vote even if they had any trust in the system.

What will happen then?
I think people will quickly ignore everything government states and stands for. They'll be off the press replaced by mindless drivel about celebrity. Nothing they invoke will have power, and then they'll make one decision that infuriates the masses and there will be a revolt where the suits really are dragged from their offices and hung from the lamp posts.

We were very close to this in the recent protests. It's been a long time since we had any real threat made against leadership in this country. The Poll Tax riots were the last real event to threaten government, and even then there were no mentions of storming Parliament and there were no burning effigies in the streets. At the G20/Bankers protests there were.

I'm sorry to say it, but when government doesn't listen to the people and acts against them, the people have no choice but to act out in a violent manner. It's been proven that the only thing that changes anything is revolution, and often violent. Leadership and direction doesn't change through begging and pleading, having meetings and calm discussions, they'll just give lip-service and do as planned anyway.

Government SHOULD be scared of the people they govern, that's the whole point. If they are not scared, it means the power has shifted and they control all. And that is where we are at right now. We are living under a dictatorship disguised as democracy.

It will come one day, and I hope I live to see it. I'm fed up of this country, fed up with the false promise of globalisation, fed up with the nanny state controlling everything I do, fed up with them owning everything and me having to pay for the basic rights of access to land and water.

How the hell can one Human demand payment from another for land? Who gave them ownership of land?

It really is a messed up world, and we've done it to ourselves through the formation of central governments.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

The tragic fact is that the rich people will still rule.

Voting is a myth - these people will still rule.

They are the power in this world - they will have to answer in the next world, but they don't care.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join