It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pancake collapse" proven possible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hi.

I'm quite skeptical of all these 9/11 Bomb theories. Just a short time ago I came upon something which shows that yes, a "pancake collapse" of a large building is indeed possible:

www.youtube.com...

No explosives were used, the building actually crushed itself after that one floor failed, causing the top to drop onto it. The impact of the top falling just ONE FLOOR had enough strength to crush the floors beneath it.

What do you think? Looks like such a collapse really is possible. It just takes ONE FLOOR of fall to start the process, and the whole thing goes down. The whole tower was destroyed.

Hmm.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This video proves absolutely nothing of a kind. This building was gutted for weeks ahead of time and was constructed of concrete. All the pillars were pre-weakened weeks ahead of time as well. Explosives were used to blow the top half of the building to fall on the second half. Nice try though but your just making a fool out of yourself.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mike3

I hope you are joking. You are aware that even NIST has ruled out the 'pancake theory' right?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I would argue as to uniformity and rate of collapse. In the video example it appear that rate of collapse stalls upon the top section meeting the non collapsed section. Also in the video example, it appears all the structures supporting beams were yanked at the same time, causing a uniformity in collapse. While I can agree that pancaking is possible on the 2 WTC tower, building 7 has always left me scratching my head. Until building 7's collapse is explained, I will doubt pancaking of the 2 towers.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Yeah... what they said. That proves nothing...it was still a controlled demolition, and didn't pancake because of heat. Facepalm @ you sir

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mike3

Best 911 video I have ever seen on ATS. A star and flag for you. This PROVES that a building can pancake on itself just like the WTC did on 911. This should put an end to those truthers. Ahh who am I kidding, nothing will put an end to them. Guess we can dream.

A star and flag for you and a job well done.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by mike3

Best 911 video I have ever seen on ATS. A star and flag for you. This PROVES that a building can pancake on itself just like the WTC did on 911. This should put an end to those truthers. Ahh who am I kidding, nothing will put an end to them. Guess we can dream.

It is wise that duhbunkers and pseudoskeptics do not set their aspirations too high.

posted by kenton1234

This video proves absolutely nothing of a kind. This building was gutted for weeks ahead of time and was constructed of concrete. All the pillars were pre-weakened weeks ahead of time as well. Explosives were used to blow the top half of the building to fall on the second half. Nice try though but your just making a fool out of yourself.

by David S Chandler - Physics-Mathematics Educator - BS-Physics (IPS); MS-Mathematics

[edit on 8/7/09 by SPreston]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SPreston

I never posted that second part it was that Kenton guy.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

As far as your video goes its called air pressure finding the easiest path to flow out of the building. As the building collapses it forces air down the elevator shafts and stair wells and whenever it reaches a good sized crack or an open door it flushes as much air as possible into those floors. Then the weakest windows go first to release the AIR pressure. It is not an exposion.. Its AIR.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

posted by grapesofraft

As far as your video goes its called air pressure finding the easiest path to flow out of the building. As the building collapses it forces air down the elevator shafts and stair wells and whenever it reaches a good sized crack or an open door it flushes as much air as possible into those floors. Then the weakest windows go first to release the AIR pressure. It is not an exposion.. Its AIR.

Of course. Your AIR is hurling 4 ton and 20 ton and 80 ton sections of outer wall 600 feet in all directions onto other buildings. While it is doing that, it is also from the top-down, pulverizing all the concrete and office furniture and ceiling tile and dry wall and human bodies trapped inside, and depositing their bone fragments on the roofs of buildings far away.

Makes perfect sense. Anything to deny what is right before you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b786c05ff6c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5b62bca8b49.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Of course. Your AIR is hurling 4 ton and 20 ton and 80 ton sections of outer wall 600 feet in all directions onto other buildings. While it is doing that, it is also from the top-down, pulverizing all the concrete and office furniture and ceiling tile and dry wall and human bodies trapped inside, and depositing their bone fragments on the roofs of buildings far away.

The air is not pulverising concrete or anything else from the top-down. The building is falling and the weight and pressure of the building collapsing on itself is pulverising everything. The air pressure is just causing those ejections of material out of the windows below on floors that havent collapsed yet. You know those things you are calling explosions.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

The large sections you see falling out is due to the inner core collapsing and the outer shell of the building peeling off.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
There is nothing similar about that video and the WTC demo.

First of all:

- Your video shows about 50% of the building's potential energy used to
crush the lower floors (also consider the middle section that has been cleaned out).

- The building in that video does not have 47 core columns running up
the middle.

- Also, notice the top section stays intact as it crushes the bottom section
UNLIKE the towers.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by turbofan

I agree to a point,, but see that is why these tall towers collapsed down almost linerally as each floor slid down the columns until the weight would crush each succesive set of columns on the floors below.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I would also like to add the obvious:

THE OP'S VIDEO IS A CONTROLLED DEMOLITION. This isn't some random building just pancaking in on itself. This was planned, hence, a controlled demolition, and a successful one at that.

Same thing happened on 9/11 with WTC 1,2 and 7, a perfect planned demolition that was a success. Thank you for sharing that with us OP.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by truthtothemasses

His video explicitly says that no explosives were used in the collapse of that building.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

[sarcasm]
Yes because nothing tumbles away from a collapse.
And by extension the higher something has to fall that is not giving it a chance to tumble farther away.. IMPOSSIBLE I SAY IMPOSSIBLE!

[/sarcasm]

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

His video explicitly says that no explosives were used in the collapse of that building.

Was this planned? Yes. Did they set up and clear out the building in order to collapse it? Yes. Did they organize and control the situation with the main purpose of demolishing the building? Yes.

CONTROLLED DEMOLITION.

No explosives needed with this one, but still a controlled demo. Once again, key words are controlled demolition. WTC 1, 2 and 7 were also CD's just done differently with explosives.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

All they did was weaken the columns on the floor where they wanted the building to collapse. Just like when the WTC supports collapsed on the upper floors. So it is more like that scenario then a conrolled demolition via explosives and as you see you get THE EXACT SAME RESULT between the video in the OP and what happened at the WTC.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by grapesofraft]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join