It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower Sibel Edmonds Will Be Allowed To Speak?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Washington, D.C. August 4, 2009. Attorneys for FBI whistleblower Sibel D. Edmonds have requested that Attorney General Holder review the state secrets privilege invoked in her case and reverse the decision made under former President Bush. A copy of the letter can be found here.

Ms. Edmonds was illegally fired from the FBI due to her protected disclosures. An independent investigation by the Department of Justice Office of Inspector General confirmed the serious misconduct committed by the FBI and the illegality of her termination. On or about October 18, 2002 the previous administration invoked the state secrets privilege in order to have Ms. Edmonds's whistleblower/First Amendment claims dismissed and to protect the government from embarrassment.

Ms. Edmonds has now been requested to provide sworn deposition and affidavit testimony in a case pending before the Ohio Elections Commission in the Schmidt v. Krikorian case. This case raises nationally significant issues of electoral fraud and violation of law. The state secrets privilege has stifled Ms. Edmonds for the past seven years, and this deposition will be the first time that she will put her knowledge on the record.

Given the pendency of this case and the request for her testimony, the National Whistleblowers Legal Defense and Education Fund requested that the Attorney General immediately and independently review the basis upon which that privilege was initially invoked, and formally and in writing withdraw that privilege. At the time of this release, two separate deadlines for the Department of Justice to respond to the attorney's letter had passed, and consequently the deposition has been scheduled for Saturday. Although a request was hand delivered to the Department of Justice, the Attorney General's office informed counsel that they were having difficulty locating it. According to Stephen M. Kohn, the Executive Director of the National Whistleblowers Center and one of Ms. Edmonds's attorneys, "The Obama administration must take a fresh look at how the state secrets privilege was improperly used to hide government misconduct from the public view. The Edmonds case was the first case the 'privilege' was invoked, and it must be the first case the 'privilege' is revoked. The government's misguided attempt to cover up wrongdoing by abusing the state secrets privilege to bully a whistleblower must end. Ms. Edmonds has been requested to provide testimony in court. She will do so unless the government again invokes the privilege to quash her First Amendment rights."

Ms. Edmonds's deposition is scheduled for Saturday, August 8, 2009, at 10:30am. It will be held at the National Whistleblowers Center at 3238 P. St. NW, Washington, DC

For those of you who do not know who this lady is (I didnt before today) this lady has some #ing dirt on our government, the government of Turkey, and the government of Israel. Evidently there has been some major espionage actions and the three above have been a part of narcotics dealing, nuclear proliferation, and terrorism. She has tried to come out but has been given a gag order two times by the government. She filed to have the gag order released and it might happen. This woman is for real this is not tin foil the government has shut her up for a long time and now we might finally get some answers.

[url www.bradblog.com...]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I remember her quite well. She was 'debunked' right here via character assassination and also character assassination. After that she was also debunked by character assassination and the issue pretty much went away since it had been so thoroughly discredited.

Hopefully this time the debunkers will be able to character assassinate her some more and we wnt have to hear about it anymore.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

One thing you forgot to mention, was that she was also a victim of character assassination ;-)

I don't think I'd be surprised if everything she claims is true.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by P1DrummerBoy

Yeah I totally agree with that! but!...the most important thing to remember! - she was a victim of character assassination!

Did I just say; assassination of character!?

Hmm! let me rephrase that then!

She was a victim of character assassination!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Before the character assassins arrive, I'd just like to post a link to a thread which has a good Documentary about Sibel Edmonds.

This woman has plenty of things to say that we all need to hear.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I`d also like to add that she is the hottest hunny involved with 9/11, also I do believe her character was assassinated.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Kill The Messenger

Sibel Edmonds makes a number of accusations about specific criminal behavior that appear to be extraordinary but are credible enough to warrant official investigation. Her allegations are documentable: an existing FBI file should determine whether they are accurate. It’s true that she probably knows only part of the story, but if that part is correct, Congress and the Justice Department should have no higher priority. Nothing deserves more attention than the possibility of ongoing national-security failures and the proliferation of nuclear weapons with the connivance of corrupt senior government officials.

Speaking out on government secrets would not be a good idea. Your character might be assassinated. But she did it anyway. What kind of character would do that?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What the heck is character assassination?Sounds like something out of a spongebob cartoon.

Does it mean she's label as a nutjob?If so isn't it funny how every time someone speaks out about the gov't they are label as a nut case...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crowpruitt

Thats pretty much it. Whenever someone goes public with information, there are folks out there who do not agree with them. Here on ATS, as Im sure you know, most will ask you to provide 'proof' or links or whatever. In the event that someone cant provide these, they simply attack the person. This is what happens to people like Edmonds, Gage, Lear, etc.

It's bogus but it happens.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm surprised this babe hasn't been the victim of an untimely accident yet.

I can't even imagine the paranoia she's experiencing.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I only have two q`s
What exactly is a character assassination here on ATS or did you mean in media?
Is she married?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My two favorite geek patrol pin-up girls. I've got to get into the world of intrigue. That's where all the brainy babes are.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc726c162630.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72770ec8cad4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted by Orion7911
I'm surprised this babe hasn't been the victim of an untimely accident yet.

I can't even imagine the paranoia she's experiencing.

A certain segment of the FBI is watching out for Sibel Edmonds in the same manner that a certain segment of the CIA is watching out for Valerie Plame. Both groups have privately announced that if anything happens to their 'protectees', a large number of documents will immediately be made public.

Both lovely lady patriots are quite safe.

Sibel Edmonds is the founder of the National Security Whistleblowers Coalition (NSWBC).

Who is Sibel Edmonds?

Sibel Edmonds, a 32-year-old Turkish-American, was hired as a translator by the FBI shortly after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 because of her knowledge of Middle Eastern languages. She was fired less than a year later in March 2002 for reporting shoddy work and security breaches to her supervisors that could have prevented those attacks.

Edmonds has been fighting the corruption permeating the FBI since her unfair dismissal and sued to contest her firing in July 2002. On July 6, 2004 , Judge Reggie Walton in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia dismissed Edmonds' case, citing the government's state secrets privilege. The American Civil Liberties Union is representing Edmonds in her appeal of that ruling. Oral arguments in the case are scheduled for April 21, 2005.

The privilege, when properly invoked, permits the government to block the release in litigation of any material that, if disclosed, would cause harm to national security. However, the government has employed the privilege to dismiss Edmonds' entire case in an effort to protect itself from embarrassment. While an FBI translator, Edmonds discovered poorly translated documents relevant to the 9-11 attacks and reported the shoddy work to her supervisors. She also expressed concerns about a co-worker who had previously worked for an organization under FBI surveillance and had a relationship with a foreign intelligence officer also under surveillance. In addition, Edmonds claimed that she was told to work slowly to give the appearance that the agency was overworked so it would receive a larger budget, despite a large backlog of documents that needed translating.

Even though she followed all appropriate procedures for reporting her concerns up the chain of command, Edmonds was retaliated against and fired. After her termination, many of Edmonds' allegations were confirmed by the FBI in unclassified briefings to Congress. More than two years later, in May 2004, the Justice Department retroactively classified Edmonds' briefings, as well as the FBI briefings, and forced Members of Congress who had the information posted on their Web sites to remove the documents.

The Project on Government Oversight (POGO) sued the Justice Department and Attorney General John Ashcroft in June 2004 claiming the retroactive classification of Edmond's testimony was a violation of the First Amendment. That lawsuit is still pending, although Ashcroft and the Justice Department have moved to dismiss the suit.

The remarkable act of retroactive classification exemplifies a dangerous abuse of secrecy by the government regarding Edmonds' case. At least two Senators, Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) and Patrick Leahy (D-Vermont), publicly support Edmonds and have pushed the Justice Department to declassify at least some of its investigation into her dismissal.

On January 14, 2004 , the Justice Department's Office unclassified summary of the Justice Department's Inspector General's report on Edmonds found that many of her claims "were supported, that the FBI did not take them seriously enough, and that her allegations were, in fact, the most significant factor in the FBI's decision to terminate her services."

source

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SPreston

Daniel Hopsicker is in the same boat. He was told by a bodyguard that the only reason he is still alive is that elements within the CIA have made it known that if anything happens to him there will be reprisals.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SPreston

Thanks for the good news about our CIA. I always thought they and a large portion of our FBI were played as suckers by Bush and his puppet masters.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPreston

A certain segment of the FBI is watching out for Sibel Edmonds in the same manner that a certain segment of the CIA is watching out for Valerie Plame.

So that's the spin you Troothers are putting on the fact that these people mean absolutely nothing in the big scheme of things? The fact they aren't morted is proof there is evidence out there?

Why not bring that evidence out now and end this whole charade?

You guys crack me up!

Preston! We need some more BIG IMAGES!

As far as Sibel Edmonds "speaking out", she sure does seem to do a lot of that despite whatever "gag order" she has.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Ms. Edmonds's deposition is scheduled for Saturday, August 8, 2009, at 10:30am. It will be held at the National Whistleblowers Center at 3238 P. St. NW, Washington, DC

Any follow up info on this case? I remember seeing the video of her deposition but have heard nothing sense. What is going on here?

Here is the video:

The video deposition is here:

Aug 25th:

www.bradblog.com...

[edit on 27-8-2009 by cloakndagger]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Originally posted by trebor451

As far as Sibel Edmonds "speaking out", she sure does seem to do a lot of that despite whatever "gag order" she has.

The reason she "speaks out", is she has something to say, unlike some, remove all the ridicule, defamation, sidestepping, and that`s the average debunker well and truly muted

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by trebor451

Originally posted by SPreston

A certain segment of the FBI is watching out for Sibel Edmonds in the same manner that a certain segment of the CIA is watching out for Valerie Plame.

So that's the spin you Troothers are putting on the fact that these people mean absolutely nothing in the big scheme of things? The fact they aren't morted is proof there is evidence out there?

You guys crack me up!

Ah so grasshopper! YOU tell BIG SCHEME OF THINGS to us all NOW grasshopper.
Jack jaw Big Picture trebor. Tell big picture you talk.
Start with 911 tragedy please, please trebor.
Here is your chance to tell instead of deny.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Donny 4 million]

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by trebor451

You guys crack me up!

Poor trebor are you getting all snarly and irritable again?

I remember hearing the same whining about Valeri Plame, until high ranking angry CIA officials reported the extreme damage done to the US Nuclear Non-Proliferation efforts, by the Traitors in the Dubya White House.

new topics

top topics

join