It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Hunts For The Missing Thunderbird Picture

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I remember seeing the picture you are talking about in school probably history class cant help with the pic though!!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Do you have an ISBN for that book? The frogs in the coal caught my interest. From studying amphibians, I know that some species burrow into the ground and enter into a very reduced metabolic state. Some do not re-emerge for years.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

No worries. I was excited to realize I had the book as well. Might I add that mine is 3 years older than your copy... sorry I'm gloating. Allow me to applaud your efforts

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

Do you have an ISBN for that book? The frogs in the coal caught my interest. From studying amphibians, I know that some species burrow into the ground and enter into a very reduced metabolic state. Some do not re-emerge for years.

isbn 0-89577-146-2

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Copyright 1982
ISBN 0-89577-146-2

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

No worries. I was excited to realize I had the book as well. Might I add that mine is 3 years older than your copy... sorry I'm gloating. Allow me to applaud your efforts

older editions and faster to reply

j/k

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I find it strage that our ISBN numbers match being that they are published in diff. years. My copy only has the title over top of the eclipse without any other words unlike yours with the blurb at the bottom center.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I appreciate your competitive nature.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

There are mudskippers in Africa that come up every time it gets flooding rains, they burrow about 3 feet or so down and their heart beats, I think it was, once every three or four days, or maybe it was once a week or month? I know when alligators sleep their heart beats once an hour or so. Frogs also do this when they hibernate in the midwest. Doubt that a bird like that could stay alive inside a limestone rock for millions of years though.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wow i have never heard of this thunder bird ima start looking into it.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
We are looking for an image of a large bird being held up by a number of men, possibly nailed to a barn. There are many descriptions and sketches of this photograph in this thread below. PLEASE HELP US!

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret

This is surprisingly easy.

surbrook.devermore.net...

Assuming the above, a search of google images "giant bird" brings up several images of the so called "thunderbird"

also this:

z.hubpages.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
nice thread raven!

there's a little known avenue for being able to dig into lost and old photos and archives.
all cities in the US have an archive of old photos and what not.

i got to rummage through boxes upon boxes of really old photos from new york city and colorado once for a job. -- i was creating a giant mural with images from yesteryear.

it's an amazing resource. not sure who to ask anymore - chamber of commerce?
they are generally free to use and look through and you can find AMAZING lost photos.

so if you can dial-in on where the TB shots were from, maybe they would have them in their archive.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

That is the only thing, unless we can find what paper (if any) other than the Tombstone published the article with the picture then the archives won't help, as the original article from the Tombstone was already found, but sadly had no picture. But I agree, an archive search of any publications from that era (it was a long time ago though) would be best.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
FOUND IT!!!!!
GOOGLE thunderbird civil war...there are a few photos you're looking for!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROGUESPEAR3
FOUND IT!!!!!
GOOGLE thunderbird civil war...there are a few photos you're looking for!

Er, no. The civil war ones are have been proved to be fakes. None of the 123,000 photos that Google brings up with those search words are the missing one that so many of us remember.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Is this the image?...

[edit on 7-8-2009 by AlienArtefact]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienArtefact

I asked raven that last night and she said it was a hoax so that is not it.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienArtefact
Is this the image?...

Nope, sadly it isn't. that's a strange one though. even though it looks like a fake.
read the OP, we are looking for a bird on the side of a barn.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienArtefact

NO! Read the posts, it has been posted few times already!!

I think there are more chance to find something on p2p. Someone could tell me ALL the others names of the thunderbird? There must be a traduction in others langages no?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think its clear that this image is never going to be found and either there was some sort of correction in the universe timeline or it really is people thinking it existed when it never did,but i don't think from a collection of different images but most probably because of this attention it is getting now.I wouldn't be surprised if someone posts this in 10 years time and people will be like oh yeah i remember that picture from 10 years ago after my friend told me something about it

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join