It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Hunts For The Missing Thunderbird Picture

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Ah...Thanks!

I wonder if the recollections of this image come from the Moth Man legend. Look:

ibb.co...

edit on 11-1-2019 by TheTruthRocks because: Reasons

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

And that's a known homage. I believe it's been covered before in this thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

That picture is an acknowledged recreation of the Thunderbird photo. Not sure why it's labeled Mothman there.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ravenshadow13

This one

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's supposed to be more like this, but with a bigger barn and bird:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Frank Drake discusses seeing the photo from Ivan Sanderson.

See 1:08:08

edit on 20-1-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Thanks for that post, hadn't seen this before. was interesting.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just wanted to drop a better copy of this in here:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I live in Asia.

i have seen this photograph back in 1990/1991 when i was barely 10 years old during school time ..it was found in this series of magazines called mysteries of the unexplained, the magazine looked thin like smooth newspaper kind of tabloid..

The thing is there was not one but 2 photos of the giant raven bird..

I can clearly recall the one in the drawing : its a 18th century photo with a vintage authentic colour tone.. it show a giant bird , a raven or crow jet black pinned up to the wall of a farmhouse ( the ground has hay) and some cowboys standing below it wit their hands stretched out.. they killed the creature and posing with it..

But the photo clear with the bird having lush feathers , the head tilted to one side but upwards. There were other photos in the mag as well with one of them being the a lizard like creature pinned on the slope of a small hut with 2 or 3 cowboys in front of it. There was another photo which showed a pelican like bird.

Sometimes i think the photo itself may be fake, or a prop because eyewitness accounts always tell of a white ring around the neck . While the thunderbird photo looked like a raven or crow.
edit on 23-10-2019 by MikeJay because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2019 by MikeJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

i remember seeing a photo like that too..

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This thread rocks still!!

The Frank Graves link was awesome...

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Theres a bit of information in this video that can be followed up. Maybe.

Its 5 minutes long

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 03:24 AM
link   
New article from Brent Swancer.

Mothman Prophecies author John Keel saying in the 1990s, “I know I saw it! And not only that – I compared notes with a lot of other people who saw it.” The eminent paranormal magazine Fate has always claimed to have once had a copy of the photo and had even published it, yet it is nowhere to be found. Mark Chorvinsky, of Strange Magazine, has also said of it:

The story of the ‘Tombstone Thunderbird’ has intrigued me as long as I can remember. Even as a child I remember reading the story and being amazed. How, I asked myself, could what seemed to be a prehistoric creature like a pterodactyl be shot by cowboys in the 1800s? Such a thing seemed impossible but evidence existed in the form of many stories and references to the event and of course, existed in the form of a photograph. That was the really exciting part—that photograph! I still remember what it looked like today. Or do I? I SWEAR that I saw it myself. It’s strange that so many people remember seeing the photo, including many very, very reliable people.

The Strange Mystery of the Lost Thunderbird Photo

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Its like you said in another thread Karl, they're erasing stuff from the internet. They want to re-write history it seems. Cant have us commoners knowing about the Thunderbird, ufo research, bigfoot research etc.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Its like you said in another thread Karl, they're erasing stuff from the internet. They want to re-write history it seems. Cant have us commoners knowing about the Thunderbird, ufo research, bigfoot research etc.

Hola mate don't know if the Thunderbird pic has any basis in reality but when it comes to weird, alternative and conspiratorial topics then it really does look like they're having a digital book burning.

Non related to cryptozoology but there's a good vid here about how 'the library of Alexandria is on fire'.

Cheers.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MikeJay

The white ring around the neck would be a condor. I dont think the condor and the Thunderbird are the same, but I could be wrong.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   

wow Karl you do sure post a lot of things that get taken down, hope someone is saving this information, however i dont think information can be deleted completely, i think on other levels any information can be retrieved, that being said i do like to venture out the box in my thinking and what if...

dinosaurs and all those things do and did exist, imagine if the industrial technological age brought a consciousness shift where the human race could no longer perceive those things in their conscious bubble if you like. shift in consciousness could bring these things back into view, this bringing together of two worlds, whether its the dinosaur age or the future age could create a tangible effect, rendering it an immediate reality.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I have been a long time browser of the website in general and have always had an interest in cryptozoology, UFO phenomenon and the paranormal.

Browsing this morning and I stumble upon this thread and on reading the opening post I immediately knew the photo being looked for as I too had seen it a long time ago as a kid.

very late 80's early 90s, I live in Ireland, where I grew up there was one particular shop that sold a large array of newspapers, magazines and some books but not main stream stuff, Mills & Boon type titles and True Crime stories. I always went in to look through the Weekly World News (lol) and in the book section was a book on Unsolved Mysteries.

This book was a glossy dark brown cover which had 3 or 4 black and white pictures on the cover one being of the Loch Ness Monster another a UFO. the book had maybe 10 chapters each about a particular 'mystery' I remember some of them:

Loch Ness (self explanatory) , UFOs, Roswell and some other famous sightings, the accompanying picture wasn't great.
Poltergeists, Spring Heel Jack, Human Combustion, this had a picture of the remains of someone who apparently died of combustion and then

Thunderbird..

I cant remember much about the written word but the picture was that of a giant bird in front of a building with a number of men dressed in 'Western' attire posing around it. It wasn't a Pterodactyl but a bird.

I know that book is long gone and given by my mother most likely to a charity shop but the pic that so many remember is in print somewhere

Either that or by looking at this thread you have all planted a false memory into my brain

EDIT** Googling some books brought up a book called The Worlds Greatest Mysteries by Nigel Blundell, I also had this book, wonder if it had the Thunderbird in it

edit on 20-10-2021 by LostHobo79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge
I remember Coming across one where the thing was hanging on a barn and there where a couple of guys on the sides of it. used to come across it on "Stumble Upon" that random website finder. and then I could never find it again. Looked real to me and I think that one is it.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I was just reading this thread and ended up looking at the Mandela Effect. More specifically the Fruit of the Loom false memory regarding the logo and was reading this thread on reddit...

www.reddit.com...

And one poster had done a search at US patents and trademarks and guess what....

Snipped quote...

Disclaimer: I’m a skeptic of the Mandela Effect. BUT...

US Patent and Trademark Search

Go to Basic Wordmark Search

Change the search field to “Serial or Registration Number”

One of Fruit of the Loom’s trademark registration #’s is 73006089 (1974-1988)

Look at what’s listed in the design elements for the trademark filing...

05.09.01 - Berries; Raspberries; Strawberries 05.09.02 - Grapes 05.09.05 - Apples 05.09.14 - Baskets of fruit; Containers of fruit; Cornucopia (horn of plenty) Serial Number 73006089 Filing Date November 12, 1973

What the HELL

Edit* the application status reads: CANCELLED

Think I'll hide under my blanky for the afternoon!
edit on 16/5/2022 by nomadros because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/5/2022 by nomadros because: something went wrong with the hyperlink so I changed it to text

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join