It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Hunts For The Missing Thunderbird Picture

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Update: Two books suggested by a friend didn't pan out, after rechecking the thread, one is all ready listed as having been check, the other is the oldest edition (first printing, of one that others have checked but theirs were newer edition. So, while still no luck in tracking it down, the search continues.

Edit, still have three other books on inter-library loan, all first editions, waiting to come in, maybe one of them will have it.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Wolfie0827 because: added information

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Have there been any other updates on this? In my opinion this is the most interesting thread on ATS.

I too recall seeing the thunderbird photo, but my recollection has it with the wings pinned across the inner rafters of a large barn. I remember it looking like a massive blackbird of some sort, a raven or crow. Like most, my memory is seeing it in a book as a child, something from a collection of 'paranormal' coffee-table style books. I recollect the cover being black. I don`t remember anything else about it with enough sureness to post, though. Also seemingly like most, I have no idea what happened to the book.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wagnerian21

Not sure whats going on with the posters that revived this thread, but I am still looking. I've been looking since Cryptomundo did a piece on it years before I joined here.

I still have three books I'm waiting on, two are listed as being checked, but they are reprints from a decade or more after the book I saw it in, so I've got requests for the first editions of them through the local Library.

Will update when I've had a chance to get them and check through them. I, like you, remember it being the large "coffee table" style book.

edit on 13-9-2011 by Wolfie0827 because: Corercted spelling mistakes.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Im not sure why I have not flagged this thread yet, haha. Ive seen it before and find it very interesting.

I really hope we are able to find the picture that is being talked about.

Ill keep my eyes and ears open, haha.

Cheers
edit on 14-9-2011 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I too vividly remember seeing this picture years ago. I also remember this thread from a while ago before I had an account, and it's crazy that pic hasn't shown up yet. I've been looking, but can't find any recollection of it anywhere online, which is odd, seeing as how that's where I saw it in the first place.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I just went through the whole thread with excitement. Two years on and still the picture hasnt surfaced... what a shame I would love to see the actual pic in question.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Update: two more books finally came in, so far nothing after a quick look, will post if I find it after a more thorough look through of the books.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Remember the picture in question would have to be a photo copy of a picture taken in 1888 that was published in

the "Tombstone press" newspaper-viewed by Ivan T. Sanderson in the "very early" 60's and mentioned by him in the mid-60's as being "un-returned" or lost by two gentlemen he loaned the "copy" of the picture too.

As far as he remembered he can't re-call from where he himself recieve said photograph.

Sounds all like a dream to me of someone who spent a long time searching for things that don't (or aren't) suppose to exist.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Fascinating thread. I'm not sure if this has already been suggested but The Fortean Times did an article on the Thunderbird many,many years ago. I remember reading it, perhaps in the late 80's. It did feature a number of black and white photographs but I'm not sure if they include the one everyone is looking for.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The two that came in didn't have it, but still holding out for the last one I'm still waiting on "Crytozology from A to Z" it's the one I've got the strongest memory of it being in, 1st edition, which is why it's taking so long to come in.
Hopefully it will be in before the end of the year.

As before will update when I get it.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfie0827

You would really have better luck if you could build a working time machine. Then you could go back and see what

Ivan Sanderson had (if he had anything at all -read again..my above post :@@

You or anyone else will not find the picture Ivan T. Sanderson talked about in this Universe. It ain't there!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The OP mentioned a bird nailed to a barn. This is a photo of just that, but it's not very good. I tried to look at all the replies to see if I saw this one represented before. If it has been, apologies in advance.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anthropormorphic

posted on page 1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Actually the photo in my url is not the original photo that I linked to, nor is the added dialogue at the bottom.

Thanks though, for pointing out the shortcoming as it is...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

no worries
can you post the pic you were intending too? thanks in advance
ive been searching threw all the old hard back mystery books but no succes yet!

also been searching for the Mokele Mbembe
link here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

one day we will find these pictures and solve these mysteries............but then what?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

no worries
can you post the pic you were intending too? thanks in advance
ive been searching threw all the old hard back mystery books but no succes yet!

also been searching for the Mokele Mbembe
link here

one day we will find these pictures and solve these mysteries............but then what?

Then we move on to the next crytozoological beast and try to prove it exists or not.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
i am new here, and the only reason why i came to this website was that thread. I read it once before, one or two years ago, and that story is fascinating me. Although i am only 16 years old, i remember that picture, and i started to search for it. I just hope, once it will be found, well, very sure not by me, but by anyone else... good luck

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Id search MonsterQuest Thunderbird they might have it.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
after these 3 years i've still been searching on information on mrs. calkins.

sadly, i still am having no luck
i tried going through my grandmothers old readers digest books to maybe find a first edition, but it was in vain, my grandmother donated loads of them to the library a few years back..
i could try going there but its about an hour drive from me and i simply do not have time..

i will keep scanning this thread with hope that someday we will all have our question answered.

namaste

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
man o man !! This again.

Ain't nobody goona find this photo. Its just not in this universe.

Remember it go's way back to the early-mid-60's when Ivan T. Sanderson said he had loaned it to a couple of

dudes...and they lost it. No one knows its origin before that. Its one of John Keel's mind trips (he told the story)

It is a black hole of cryto lore.
edit on 22-8-2012 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join