It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I A Thread Killer?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Call me paranoid or whatever, but am I a thread killer?

Am I imagining things? Lately, it seems so clear that when I post in a thread, it dies shortly afterward. Maybe I have really thin skin. Maybe I'm not popular. Maybe my opinions are offensive. Maybe I'm way off topic. Maybe I have no grasp on the common pulse of society. Maybe I'm just way too "out there".

I just don't know.

Even the threads I have started either end up lost in the depths of archivery or in a hate-fest. Am I controversial? What am I doing wrong? Is there a conspiracy here? Should I just keep my opinions to myself? Are there any "watchers" out there who haven't joined yet who see what I'm talking about? Are there others in this forum who see the same thing happening to them?

I love reading intelligent discourse by informed members. But, since I joined ATS with the ability to post comments, those intelligent discussions are few or I'm just not finding them. The most popular threads are often created by the same folks whose friends support them, or whose enemies support them. ????

Any way. Am I a Thread Killer? If I am, please tell me why...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Ha ha ha, no I don't think your a thread killer. I've worked on a thread, and expect it to fly.............. It goes NO WHERE, but the boneyard, and really sucks.

I think there are few people that post rubbish, and are blatant Flag Wh*r*s...imo.

I also feel with the amount of daily threads produced it's hard for a good read to gain status. s&f

MMP

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I haven't noticed anything unusual. You just have to realize that some times your comments will not matter much to people. I have been coming to this site for a long time and I have yet to create a thread that generates tons of posts. In the end though does it really matter? ATS was a great community before a lot of us showed up on the scene and will continue to be a great community for a long time come.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
To my new best friend on ATS AKA the Grim reaper of the thread world (lol) i am sure people don't see you post and say "OH damn there he is again looks like we lost another" it is alright man just keep posting and me for one will keep my eyes out for your posts and will try to reignite anything you might kill like mike vicks career lol....don't stress i don't think there are any conspericies on here against you....

your new best friend (lol)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't think so at all.. As a matter of fact, my second to last thread was alive as long as it was because you were posting in it (thank you by the way). I feel like that sometimes to.. I just write it off and think that maybe I made a really good point

Don't feel like a thread killer. I think your posts are good

KaginD

[edit on 6-8-2009 by KaginD]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Yeah man, it happens a lot to me also, no biggy though. Soon enough you will post something that catches others attention. You just gotta hit the right buttons. I noticed if a thread has gone on for a long time there is really no point in posting, because somewhere in the long line of replies someone has already posted what you were gonna say. Its really annoying to sift through so many replies anyway...

PEACE!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Hazelnut No you are not a thread killer

that is my job

and not just on this site either

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have felt that way before myself. A lot of it has to do with timing of certain subjects. I am usually on in the morning and early afternoon so, by the time the droves and real weirdos ha ha start to log in throughout the evening and night a lot of posts and topics are already off of the main recent post page.

I think...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You may or may not be a thread killer.. It all depends on how many people your posts resonate with. I've found in my years lurking here that nobody really reads other peoples posts. They just skim through waiting for someone to agree with them, then they reply.. and so on.

I'd have to say the biggest thread killer I've seen on this site would have to be Phage. He just rolls in with a "know it all" attitude (he does know a lot) and the momentum of said thread just has a huge anchor thrown on it.

Who knows, maybe this will be your thread to shine..

S&F from me.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ha ha I totally relate to this thread S+F for you

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Paranoid.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This seems to be a topic trend for you! lol!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
In all seriousness though, there is a pattern of what goes on here. Cliques too; particularly among certain groups of likeminded thinkers.

Don't let it get to you though. This place is volatile. It's all timing. If you're not predicting a natural disaster or delivering a message from "beyond", don't expect much! lol~~~

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975
Paranoid.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This seems to be a topic trend for you! lol!

Ok jackieps1975...you clever, clever little sprite! I forgot ALL about that one after it was closed. LOL

Paranoid it is.

Seriously though, am I paranoid? ATS can make you paranoid. There should be a warning label somewhere. Maybe we should have to take some kind of psychological quiz to assess the mental fragility factor before being allowed to join?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I'm the last man standing on a few threads too

For what it's worth I've noticed some of your posts and they've been pretty smart...starred a few too. It's not often you get an opening to pass a compliment on ATS. Luckily your shameless trawling for attention, stars and compliments gave me the chance.

Treat the 'last post' as meaning you didn't say anything dumb...ATSers can't resist pointing it out in a split second

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
In order for a thread to succeed on ATS it must be propaganda and must be so rediculous that people will chime in with their opinions. Also, you must have a flashy title that smacks of sensationalism.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You know what Hazel?! This places does most definitely flip the freak out switch on many levels. General paranoia being one of them.

Most of us are paranoid, otherwise, why would we be here?

I do think ATS should have a profiling system when we sign up. Then after about 90 days we should have to take it again (to find out how much our mental facilities have deteriorated......ROTF!)

Honestly, I was always deeply concerned about world issues, that's why I joined ATS. After being here a while, my worries have increased tenfold. Now I bug out about everything. This probably isn't the healthiest place to hang out but it's definitely informative and usually entertaining!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I've stopped a few dead since joining but I'm learning

I do see a lot of posts from members that don't have time for newbies and thats understandable, but I understand!

The moderators are here to keep things from getting out of control so post what you think is worth posting and if the Know It All's can't be quiet then rise above it

Everybody fire in, lifes too short

x

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

'In order for a thread to succeed on ATS it must be propaganda and must be so rediculous that people will chime in with their opinions. Also, you must have a flashy title that smacks of sensationalism."

That's not a jab at QuestioningAll is it?

[edit on 6-8-2009 by UniversalTraveller]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by UniversalTraveller

No but it is why his threads do so well. Doesn't mean that his information is false. The information in a thread just needs to be so much non main stream that it provokes feelings from another person to get them to chime in.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

You made some really good points. After a while, patterns emerge.

I've noticed the threads you've started lately. Most interesting. If I don't post a reply (for fear of thread killing) I make sure I leave a star behind.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join