It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Camp Fire

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There’s just something magical about sitting around a warm campfire blazing beneath a cool star speckled night sky. I simply love it, and here recently that’s exactly what a couple friends and I did after an amazing mountain bike ride. We pitched the tents, built a fire ring, gathered the wood, and cooked up some chili. As we sat around the fire eating our chili and cornbread, while sipping a little wine, some pretty amazing stories began to unfold. The topics were of a wide variety; Steve told us about some incredible stories when he used to experiment with astral projection, and Jon shared amazing tales about a prodigy he knew that was involved in reverse engineering alien technology, personal accounts about angels, and frightening sagas concerning demons . I guess you could say that we talked about everything you’d find here on ATS, but the only difference was that we didn’t ask for second or third party information to support their story. I KNOW my friends, and they know me. We trust one another and the thought of lying just to tell a great tale is simply something we’d NEVER do.

Now, here is your opportunity to share your camp fire story. Perhaps you’ve started a thread on it already. That’s fine… POST IT HERE ANYWAY. I plan on doing it myself. If you want to post the link to it also, go ahead, but post the story.
I plan on posting the stories that Steve told us since he isn’t registered on ATS, and probably never will, and Jon will certainly share his, so please feel free to share without reservation. No matter how crazy the story, just share it…

… Now just sit back and imagine yourself seated comfortably in a dark forest of aspen and ponderosa pine softly lit by the glowing moon and the dotted starry night sky. Off in the distance you see a vast open grassy field spread out before the colossal silhouette of a tree covered mountain. There is a slight cool bite in the air, but it’s nothing that the warmth of the blazing fire before you can’t easily ward off. Occasionally you hear the distant bugle of a majestic bull elk, and your spine tingles as you imagine the noise you just heard in the woods may have been a burly black bear or a hungry cougar. You’ve just heard some stories about ghosts, UFO’s and secret op’s…

… now it’s your turn.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by apaulo

Great idea.
You should go first to get the ball rolling.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5a1e0d97647.jpg[/atsimg]

S&F in advance because I know it's going to be a good read.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

LOVE the pic!!!

Well, I guess I'll go ahead.

This is a story that I've shared on ATS, but it is one of my favorites...

It all began with a bike ride. My brother-in-law and I were out riding at about twilight, and we’re crossing through a large empty parking lot when suddenly he yells my name. I turn around and he has his bike stopped, and he is standing there pointing a metallic object in the shape of a small ball floating just a few feet from him.

“Check it out.” He says with bewildered laughter “What is it?”
My bro.-in-law is a major skeptic when it comes to UFO’s. In times past, when I’d mention them, he’d just laugh. It was all a big joke to him. He is a hands-on, bare- bones facts type of person. Very smart guy, too. (Don’t tell him I said so) He has a cone head job that takes lots of gear grinding in the melon, if you know what I mean. Anybody that knows what PMEL stands for in the military will agree, and he was a supervisor at the time of our sighting.

I see this silver object hovering almost at eye level in front of him, so I turn around and ride right up to it. I’m thinking, “Holy cow, what is this?” It was about the size of a silver dollar and perfectly round; just like a large steely. I would have to say that the color was smoky chrome, but it may have just been the light. It was windless that evening, yet it drifted along almost as if by some intelligence. So I decided I was going to grab this thing. Could’ve been a bad idea, I now realize, but at that moment all I could think about was “I need to know.”

Wouldn’t you know it though! I got just within a matter of inches from grabbing it, and it shot straight up into the air. With a mixture of emotions we helplessly watched it until the bizarre object was completely out of sight.

To this day we can mention that sighting and those same feelings come right back. We know we saw something, but what?

[edit on 6-8-2009 by apaulo]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by apaulo

Very cool story.

I will share one that my grandpa told me.

He told me this story after I had ask him about the Bigfoot footprint that I had seen earlier that day, cut from the soil and in a shallow box at a small country store, just north. The old guy in store had recounted to us, how his granddaughter had seen this BF in his corn field and had even drawn it.

I will share one that my grandpa told. He lived in the rural area of SW Arkansas lots of woods. He said he was out hunting with his bird dogs.
He was deep in the woods, he said his dogs were up ahead of him and all of the sudden his dogs shot back running past him. He said he called the dogs and they would not come to him. This behavior was extremly abnormal as I am sure he was harsh to them if they disobeyed him.
Further into the woods he found a large bed of pine needles against the side of a small overhang.

He thought it might have been a place one of them slept.

Now he very well was pulling our leg because he was full of tall tales.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have had many really weird experiences some of an angelic nature and some of a ufo nature. I will tell you about the most amazing UFO experience I have had for now and unravel more stories as this thread goes along.

I was up on the roof of my house in Watford UK. I live in a 60 room manor house with my husband kids and sisters and their families. We have a large flat roof area and we had decided to have a gathering of friends come round to look at Mars wich was the nearest it had been for decades.

i was on the roof with my sister, husband and another male friend called Pete. It was about 10.30 at night. While we were chatting I spotted three dazzling white lights just sort of bang into the sky from nowhere 2 on my left and 1 on my right.

They raced at incredible speed towards each other and as the one on the right met the ones on the left it changed direction in the split of a second and raced towards us.

In the meantime I'm screaming look. look, look!!!and pointing frantically.they moved so fast that the others only saw them by the time they had linked up and where flying towards us. As they came towards us they changed from a bright white light to a orange/rusty glow. they came down really low and flew right over the top of us. They flew in a triangle formation with the middle one oscillating between the other two. They did not have any lights on them but seemed to glow.

They were absolutely silent. As they went over head we just stared at them in awe. and as they dissapeared over Watford I was going come back come back.

none of us were frightened and since then I have had many communications with them but nothing quite as amazing as that time.

My husband and friend were the most gobsmacked as they had not really taken much of an interest in UFO's before.

It was a very profound moment and like something out of a spielberg film.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by starseedz]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is the only thing I have to contribute:

It was one evening when my family and I still lived in a 3 bedroom apartment on the 2nd floor. I was around 12 at the time. Our family is not a close knit family so often times dinners are spent eating alone behind closed doors watching television. One night my mother insisted we eat dinner together as a family.

After eating a full meal of porkchops, potatoes and green beans we sat down in front of the television together to watch the news. We were quite full and none of us bothered to clear the table before watching the televison.

It must have been a good ten to fifteen minutes of silence watching the television when our whole family (my mom and dad, two brothers and I) snapped our heads to the dining room table where we saw half an eaten pork chop fly off the table and hit the refridgerator in the kitchen!

(Little discription of the layout of our house. 3 bedrooms were down the hall, the living room was connected to the open concept dining room and a two enterence kitchen with no doors leading from the dining room to the living room. We could see the refridgerator from the couches where we were sitting in the living room).

None of us could explain what happened and we all just sat there looking at each other. It was 'thrown' (for lack of a better word) with some force as we could hear it thud against the fridge door and slide down to the floor. My father got up to inspect it and found out that there was nothing that could have made that pork chop fly with such speed and energy.

To this day none of could explain what happened and we often times joke about it.

That's my little story!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
First off Apaulo, Great thread ! You really set the seen I can even smell the pine and here the crackling of the pitch as it pops under the heat of the flam. With the night sky filled with patchy clouds of a silvery glow from the setting moon. Well Apaulo throw another log on the fire and I will relate an experience from my child hood, I'll try to keep it short ok.

When I was about 8 years old my family moved to a new neighborhood in a small farm town in southern Idaho. This house was a small 4 bed room home and my room was the only bed room in the basement of the house. I was ok with that, well for the first two years at least. So Robby my friend and I were about ten at the time. We used to play a game where we would black out all the windows in the basement. Then we would use flashlights as our weapons. In total darkness we would sneak up on one another as silently as possible, and the first to shine the flash light on their opponent would win. This was our version of spy hunter. One day after playing that for a couple of hours, we were goofing around and we both shined our flashlights on the cement wall. Now what we both saw cough us by surprise. In the center of the wall were our flash lights were shinning was the shadow of a very muscular being. It had two legs, two arms, and two horns on its head. It was walking and it stopped, turned and look at us. we both froze for a few seconds, then Robby took off running up stars. I stood there a few seconds longer afraid to move. The creature then turned and kept walking. I ran up stars nearly wetting my pants. After that incident many strange and I would say supernatural things started to happen in that basement, and none of my friends would spend the night at my house. The dog or the cat would be walking down the stars with us and it would stop it's hair would stand on end and the pet would run up the stars. At that point you could not push the pets down the steps they would not budge.

From that time forward I was taunted by this creature some times as often as two to three times a week for the next three years. My bedroom was at the far end of the basement at the end of my dad's work shop where we had seen this demon creature.
This time I did not see the creature instead I could hear it walk down the length of the cement floor of the shop all the way to the door of my bedroom. It sounded like shallow hooves and it sure took it's time getting to my door around the tune of ten to twelve minuets. Sometimes it would scrape it's hooves on my mat leaving marks on the mat in front of my door. Sometimes when it got to my door I could here it breath. Talk about terrifying This whole experience made me totally afraid of my basement. Keep in mind that this went on and on for about three years. The last time I was taunted by this Demon creature I will never and I mean never forget. It had not taunted me for several weeks and I had left my bedroom door open about 8 to 10 inches. I could see the shop light on from where I lade in bed. Then I here it starting to walk toward my room. I covered my head with my bed sheets as I always did and I began to pray. Nothing happened It was still walking in my direction. Now never before have I ever had my door open when this has happened, I was so terrified. I prayed again and still nothing it was near my door. I was not religious in any way but my parents were and they told me about the power that was in the name of Jesus. I jumped out of my bed and knelt at the foot of my bed. I was cold shaking in terror and I rebuked that delve in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I looked up and opened my eyes expecting to see that creature, Instead to my astonishment a white glowing orb slightly larger then a soft ball floated across my doorway. It shined on the door and the door jam as it slowly moved by. The demon in the basement never came back and from that time forward I have believed in guardian angles.
Best Regards S+F
The_Tick!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing The_Tick. That must have been terrifying. Can you draw at all? I'd love to see a rough sketch of this thing you saw!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Honestly it was much like the shadow of a very muscular man with two small pointed horns that pointed inwards towards each other. We only saw it from the thigh on up because a table saw was between us and the wall that it appeared on. Of course if it was the demon that you were asking about.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ever since I was just a kid I have heard a very particular voice call my name. It has never been for any specific reason until about 5 years ago. I was in the back yard with my 14 month old son and my 12 year old son. We have monkey bars that are about 8 feet high, and my toddler at the time was always trying to climb them. I was setting up the kiddy pool expecting my oldest to watch the baby to make sure he didn’t climb the monkey bars. I had my back turned to him washing out the pool when suddenly I heard that voice call my name with a tone of urgency in it. I turned to see him at the top rung of the ladder on the monkey bar and his big brother was nowhere in sight. I dropped the pool and ran just as my baby boy jumped for the monkey bars… if I hadn’t been there just in the nick of time I am sure he would’ve broken his neck. I looked around for anyone that could’ve called me, but there was no one.

When I was a kid, my big brothers would tease me for saying that I heard voices, so I had a little bit of a complex about it. I would tell people about the voice warning me about my little boy and in the back of my head that complex would say, ‘they think you’re nuts.’

Then the very next day, I’m alone at home with my little boy and we’re in the back yard and just as I am walking through the back door I hear that voice… a woman’s voice, BTW, and my boy looks at me and says, “Mommy?” I knew then that I wasn’t just hearing things… yeah, he thoght the voice was his mom.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by apaulo]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by apaulo

Wow thought you were a man. Anyway I love that voice that calls our names. I think it is ourselves. IMO

Saved your child, good thing you listen.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I am a guy...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by apaulo

I am a guy...

Ok cool< so your son said Mommy because he heard the voice.
I misunderstood.
Got it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Opaulo

It looks like we both have confirmation of Guardian angels.

On an other note it would be nice to have a audio confirmation of the voices that I have heard like you just recently got from someone eles. All the voices I have encountered have been Evil and taunting.
Best Regards
Tick!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
When I first saw the movie "The Blair Witch Project" it had been over-hyped, however I decided to watch it at night home alone. The reason I bring it up is that if you were raised in areas that have alot of woods you know how scarey they can be at night.

When I was a tween, my older cousin would take us kids out in the woods in his dune buggy and turn off the lights. He once showed us an abandoned house just like the movie. What would really add to it was the cry of a panther. I don't know if you have ever heard it, but it sounds like a woman screaming. Scarey.

I believe there was a local legend about Crazy Sally or something that they threw into the mix. LOL

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Great thread. S&F.

I have a few.

My grandfather takes me fishing, and he's a very interesting guy. He just retired in April, he was a lineman for the local eletrical company for 40 years, so he has seen some real late nights, driving to and from broken poles. He was been up in that tower thing many times, and even fell out of it once.

He and a fellow lineman were driving in the country late at night, on some back road. They were really tired. All of a sudden, my grandpa screamed "HOLY SH**!" and he swears to god that there was a huge moth flying down the middle of the road, he says it was so big that it took up the entire road with its wingspan. They were going 60, so the driver layed on the breaks, but they drove right through the moth, so I guess it was transparent. They got out of the truck and waited on the bank of hill near the road for 20 minutes, saying "Your sure you saw that, right?" Over and over.

Does anyone have any idea what the moth thing is?

My freinds dad said has an interesting story too.
A kid who lived in my town who I never really knew was like 7 or 8 when he fell down the stairs and was pushed into a coma, where he stayed for 2-3 weeks. Apperantly, when he got out of the coma, he told his parents that "Aunt Anna saved me, she helped me when I was sick." Aunt Ana was the name of his aunt who had died years before he was born.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by summerdreary

Maybe that is where the Mothman myth comes from?
Maybe it's some other dimensional being therefore constituted with different matter?

Cool story.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
summerdreary, it sounds like the moth man, who crosses dimensions for what ever reason to warn of disaster.
Cindy could you have heard branches scraping on the out side of the house. But no I never heard that, that would be freaky!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Tick
summerdreary, it sounds like the moth man, who crosses dimensions for what ever reason to warn of disaster.
Cindy could you have heard branches scraping on the out side of the house. But no I never heard that, that would be freaky!

Oh no, we were in the open vehicle and I heard it more than once. My cousin said it was the cry of a panther.

I will google it.

From my google search:

forum.gon.com...

[edit on 24-8-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Bobcat possibly panther nope not in North America. I have heard it before in southern Idaho. It is a blood curdling scream. I was camping in the bottom of the snake river canyon. It freaked me out & got me wondering what it was. of course it was total bobcat/ mountain lion country. Of course I did not put that together at the time.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join