It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you do not believe in god then I would like to see your response to my question

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by epete22
I would like to ask any non believers if they think they have a soul?

...is anyone truly a non-believer?... except for those who are clinically brain dead, everyone believes something...

...do i have a soul?... nope... no one has ever been able to produce evidence that souls exist but that could happen one day and if it does in my lifetime, i'll rethink my opinion...

If they do have a soul, where does it come from?

...why is that question asked only of those who believe they have a soul?... a wee bit biased, eh?... o'well, you're not the first, wont be the last either, lol...

...i've entertained the thought that if humans do indeed have a soul, that its just a part of your genetic makeup (no hocus pocus)... depending upon how you look at it - that could be perceived as an immortal part of you as long as you have descendants who perpetuate that specific genetic marker - or - it could be perceived as inconsequential as the genetic marker that dictates eye color...

If you don't have a soul then I do not want to be around you.

...tsk, tsk, tsk...

I just don't buy the idea that we evolved from slime. Who knows, maybe people who don't have souls evolved from slime and people who do have souls evolved from something different or some type of manipulation.

...the primordial ocean/ooze/soup theory makes more sense than the fantasies religions offer...

I guess the only real way to test this belief is to die but then you wouldnt be around to tell anyone what you experienced. What a great mystery

...interesting topic, yep - but - what a shame you dont want to associate with souless heathens...

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join