It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A plea to all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
We all know how addictive it is here, but, please, spare a thought for your family and friends in the real world!

It doesn't take long too to have that conversation/make that phone call/send that email! You never know, one day you may turn around and wonder where everyone has gone to! We all do need human contact occassionally.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Dont worry i have plenty of contact with family and friends, in fact the only entity that has to sacrifice time with me is my employer, as i surf at work (i'm not supposed to but they seem impressed with the work i produce so i guess i have to be doing something right) i would never sacrifice friends and family for time on the net... i agree iwouldificould, there are some on this board (and ATS as well) that could do with some sunlight and social (non-electronic) interaction

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
A very useful and valid point for MANY, andicansoiwill.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
BTW, are you human?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
What are you trying to say?

That ATS is not the real world....................How can this be.

noooooooooooooooooooo

Deep

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Hey...ATS is oftentimes better then 3-D life in MY book.

At least ATS can't do any of the following to me :

Seriously hurt my feelings
Damage my self-esteem
Fire me
verbally abuse me (ok..so I can be flamed sometimes, but it doesn't affect me emotionally)
Force me to get up and go to work when I'd much rather spend the entire day in BED..with my husband *insert evil cackle here*

etc etc...

The only real life elements that matter to me are my hamsters, my sons, and my husband. That's IT. And they all get plenty of attention from me. So no worries.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
You knoe the real world isnt all that bad... like work for example... i make a point of never exerting myself, and i have been at this company for 18 months and have already had a new promotion and today i got my own office (kinda) and i still dont do anything... lifes good if you look in the right places. But i figure theres only so far being lazy can take me

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
What are you trying to say?

That ATS is not the real world....................How can this be.

Hell, the real world isn't even the real world anymore...if it ever was.

As for the whole family thing...depends on what sort of #ed up family one has.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
i really should call my mom

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I hope intrepid sees this thread....or do I

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I knew you would get here eventually, that's why I didn't post anything incriminating here.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
We have to stop meeting like this...WE talk more on line than face to face .Not always a bad thing[hahaha]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit
We have to stop meeting like this...WE talk more on line than face to face .Not always a bad thing[hahaha]

You really shouldn't get personal with someone online.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't be if you would GET BACK TO WORK:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

new topics

top topics

join