It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What got you into looking into this type of stuff?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
For me, it was the second half of 2001. By the summer of that year, I was completely into ancient archaeology like the pyramids, Chichen Itzu (sp?), Ankgor Wat, and who the people living at the time referred to their rulers as 'gods'. For the first time ever, I speculated that such 'gods' were really aliens. I was also fascinated about the idea of Atlantis and the parallels it had with civilizations of the past. I found this neat website called 'crystal links' and that laid the foundation of this kind of research. But that was nothing; I wasn't really looking into what's wrong with the world until a few months later.

Then, two planes crashed into the WTC in New York and the Pentagon was attacked. "This does not compute" said the logic center of my brain over and over again as I watched events unfold that Tuesday morning in September of 2001. I started listening more to radio talk shows about politics and I listened to a Congress briefing about "PATRIOT Act" and was absolutely disgusted about some of the items outlined in the bill. Even my still-brainwashed mind, fresh from the media's sensationalism of 911, was thinking "hey wait a minute... if you're fighting terrorists, then why do you want to tap my phones without probable cause and search my house without a warrant? This IS about a police state!". Then I heard Bush's "smoke them out of their holes" speech in that same month of October of 2001 and heard him talk about wanting to take on Iraq, which was the final blow against my trust towards international society at that time. After looking into thousands of web pages consisting of various topics pertaining to conspiracies and coverups, I find that if there really is one constant in this world, it's that the more I read, the more I realize I know nothing.

Here are some of things that I have read that forced me to continue looking into things, in order of discovery.

Enoch's version of the Bible.
Ancient cultures such as Vedics, Phonecians, Sumerians, etc.
Free energy, Anti-gravity, and other forms of occult technology.
Orchestration of society via Council on Foreign Relations, Bilderbergs, TriLateral Commission, etc compounded into the vast octopus known as the Illuminat (or Illuminutti, Illuminazi)
Spirituality and occult topics in relation, such as Mer Ka Bah and Kundalini, Remote Viewing, etc.
Extremely Low Frequency and other forms of Mind Control, including experiments (Montauk, MKUltra, etc) and their manchurian candidates which roam the earth today.
Chemtrails (admittedly I was skeptical until I started to look up and watch these damned things happen right in front of me)
Antarctica events such as what happened during the initial expeditions, hollow earth theories, Nazi influence, etc.
Military bases like Dulce, which led to reptilians, which led to draconians, and did a lot to explain alien abductions and UFO cover-ups.
Disinformation campaigns including the War on Information, which led to a lot of reverse-thinking and hindsight, as well as confirmations about the whole 'planet x' BS.
And here I am on ATS!

[Edited on 5/11/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Things I've seen got me wondering if anyone else had seen such things as well...

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Chariots of The Gods, peaked my interest in UFO's at first --then I became interested in paranormal, and others and from there on it's been fun.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

Things I've seen got me wondering if anyone else had seen such things as well...

ugh... fine... good morning to you, too. i'll play along. gee? what was it that you had seen, intelgurl? hmmm? please, do tell!

[Edited on 5/11/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
my UFO sighting when I was a kid.... always wondered what it was and then became a sci-fi addict, found ATS and the rest is history !

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
As a child of around 10 years I used to collect a bi-weekly magazine called "The Unexplained" published here in the UK.
It covered a vast array of topics:

Spontaneous Human Combustion,
UFO's
MIB's
Ghosts and the Paranormal
Bermuda Triangle
Area 51
Stigmata
Aliens

to name but a few.

I was told about this website by a friend, who has similar interests, and 99% of the time you can find some reference to whatever area of the unexplained you are interested in, and more..!!

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Koka]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have to give credit to this site, as well, as in the middle of my hunt for alien-related information during Jan-Mar 2003, I would frequent the home page of ATS quite often.

elevatedone, you saw a UFO as a kid? oooh how I envy you!

koka, those are all intriguing items that also piqued my interest. Bermuda triangle spawned my research into atlantis, and stigmata... just what the hell causes those marks to appear instantaneously? amazing that you were interested in stuff like this while you were 10. When I was that age, I was just getting into the stuff residing outside of Earth (planets, stars, nebulae, galaxies, etc)

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I started looking into conspiracy and UFO related materials in early 1996. I was always a big fan of horror/sci fi and these types of topics piqued my interest in the same way. It was compounded because I majored in History in college and I began to see great differences between what I learned in college versus what I had been taught in high school about historical topics and inferred that those types of "knowledge gaps" existed about every topic.

My interest waned a little over the years but never left, now its starting to feel like the "old days" again! This site is a big help, lots of intelligent people on these boards.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
As a child of around 10 years I used to collect a bi-weekly magazine called "The Unexplained" published here in the UK....

I remember it well Koka!!
The poster, "free" with Issue 1, of Austin Spare's drawing of an Elemental, "spooked" me, for sure...

As for what got me interested: reading *many* books, including those of Charles Fort (of course), meetings with remarkable people (for all sorts of reasons and in all sorts of circumstances with all sorts of outcomes), an interest in the vastness and beauty of the Universe (the beauty first, at age 5 or 6)...

A strong feeling of my roots, based in tradtional English folk music (I was a mummer and rapper sword dancer when I was much younger!!)...

Personal sighting of two very large UFO's, investigating crop circles, spirit sightings (and being physically "touched" by them too).

Personal experience of different belief systems, including Christianity, Buddhism, Spiritualism, to name a few...

Finally, the realisation that the more we *think* we know, the more there is waiting to be discovered...

Long may the journey continue!!

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My mom was an astronomy fan, and we saw a UFO while stargazing with a teloscope in 1978.

My interest in political conspiracies began in college. I hung out with the leftists on campus. Once, before an anti-apartheid rally, a good friend approached me and told me not to attend, because one of the organizers was a government plant, and would get everyone else arrested on drug charges. I stayed away, and that's exactly what happened. But I began to wonder who was the REAL agent, the instigator, or my 'friend.'

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
...Once, before an anti-apartheid rally, a good friend approached me and told me not to attend, because one of the organizers was a government plant, and would get everyone else arrested on drug charges. I stayed away, and that's exactly what happened. But I began to wonder who was the REAL agent, the instigator, or my 'friend.'

Uh yeah...
, really. I doubt it was your friend, but you just might be right. How absolutely sad that the protest rally had an undercover rat.

How come all of you have seen UFO's and the only ones I have seen are on recorded videos? phooey

There was that one time that I saw a light in the sky that would just not stay still, but it was moving so slowly that it probably was something in near earth orbit. Well, in contrast, it did go back and forth... but, I dunno. I'm hoping to see a gigantor mothership or something like that (be careful what you wish for...)

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Back in 1989 I checked out two books a the local
library that forever changed my view of the world.
"The complete works of Charles Fort" and
'None dare call it conspiracy"
Since then I've been hungry for all the informantion
I can get on things fortean and conspiracy related.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The desire I have always had NOT to fit in.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yep. "None dare call it conspiracy" really rocked my world. I still have the copy someone gave me back in college.

I've seen a couple of airbourne, non aerodynamic objects during daylight. If you spend all your time looking, eventually you will run across something . . . 'seek, and you will find.'

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
The desire I have always had NOT to fit in.

That's it for me in a nutshell. Beautiful, Jonna

I've felt outside from the rest of the herd since I was a little girl. Therefore, it was only a matter of time before I grew older and started reading of things that were outside what the rest of the group always seemed to be interested in.

While the rest of the girls giggled and plied themselves with 1-inch thick layers of makeup and talked of boys, I was reading my first books on witchcraft, obtained from our school library (yeh, I know..today these same books would be banned most likely).

Anyway, from there it just grew. No matter what the subject, if the mainstream wasn't interested, I DEFINITELY was.

Quite frankly, this site is like a second home. Full of "misfits" like me

Hey, I'm happy. Works for me.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well, firstly like many of you I'm of the paranoid type. Years of mockery and pranks rendered me incapable of not asking the question "Why?" It has always been bred into my mind that a general THEY are out to get me.

There were two things that brought me to ATS- the things I read, and the games I played. One gave me my screenname, and the other left me with an insatiable itch. I have the compulsion to find teh motivation behind every action, the why, the who, the what. Even after I finished Deus Ex, I still had questions. Why. Why. Why.

As long as I have questions, I will stay at ATS.

DE

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Well, i have been interested in these subjects for a long time. Anything that has to do with the paranormal most catholic people would call it as being possesed by the devil, Spain is a very religious country, more so than the U.S. So i started to look and think outside of the box, since I was able to do and experience things they would say came from the devil.

Most of my life I have practiced martial arts, and this has also helped me understand about the energies that are present in the universe, and within each one of us. I have also been very lucky and i have found in my path many incredible senseis, and teachers.

I also had quite a few ufo sightings, one i could/can confirm as not being from Earth as i was able to see it with binoculars and there were several people who saw it.

About conspiracies, althou I know that there really are conspiracies, I also know that this is one of the topics that has the most wild allegations.

I have been in at least one other site before, but it dealt mainly with ancient wisdom. I stumbled upon ATS a couple of times as i was searching something on the web. i can't remember what it was. But finally after reading some of the topics i decided to join.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I was doing research for a book idea I have. When I got here, I all of a sudden got really busy.

God, Intelgurl's hot...

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Yes, she is.
Are you married Intelgurl?

BTW, do tell us about what you have seen.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ive always been intrested in it think i was born with it lol never stopped beliveing in aliens but did stop believeing in paranormal stuff for a while.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join