It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the 3rd world war...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
... we just never planned it that way ...

Pentagon spokesman on the radio at present.

Predicting low intensity war for the next decade until a comprehensive solution is made for the middle eastern question...

The problem is, according to the news article is the west don't have an understanding of the ideological conflict about to errupt. We think its about Iraq, but the East think it is about religion....

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If the US keep isolating "rogue states", and labelling them the "Axis of Evil", sooner or later they will get together, form a real Axis, and fight back.

Besides declared war between nations, Islamic fundamentalists who support Iraq will no doubt be angered by any US lead attack, and this will lead to a higher threat of terrorist attack. So yes, low intensity conflict, but it could be very long drawn out.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The reasons for this current effort of focusing on Iraq are the direct result of centuries of conflict in the region. Conflict in which three of the world's major religions participate... which are all derrived from the same God.

Interesting, is it not?

While I support the effort to oust the madman in Baghdad, I firmly believe another effort to discover a means for lasting peace between Arab and Israeli must move aggressively at the same time. Otherwise, while we think we're killing off flies once and for all, we're only swatting away at the periphery of the dung heap.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
this could end real soon...as he could come down, say, "No, you idiots, this is what I meant by 'chosen people' and this land is for them, this is for you" (etc. etc.)

The problem is, each of the groups believe they are entitled to the "holy lands" by their respective deities, and short of such a deity coming down and clarifying, the dispute will go on forever (because such an event is never going to happen)... Sorry for going off on a religious tangent, but it was neccesary, as the basis for the conflicts in the region hinge on religion and land.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The fighting between arabs and jews have been going on for a while now
and they will not stop until god himself stops it with a third world war.

Muslims have risen and they will not stop until they have conquered the jews
and christians.

William your forgetting that the reason they (hate) us is because of our (anti) christian lifestyle. how we
degrade women, how lustfull we are, how ignorant, how hatefull, how america has become a
sespool of imorality.

obviously even you can see that the reason they hate us is because of (sin) against their (god).

Our country has not become like this because of religion i assure you william but the (lack) of religion which
is baised on (morality)..

peace.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Interesting how america is always portrayed as the cesspool of humanity. I think it derives from popular culture, movies, music, absolute sexualization of anything vaguely money making.... more than rooted in reality.

Yet the places that we WOULD say are the real ploblem areas are places like Amsterdam, Moscow, etc and their rampant sex industry, and prolific drug use. Proably far in excess of anything you would find in america.

Yet the Dutch keep ther excesses to themselves, whilst the Americans broadcast theirs around the world

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
about us "broadcasting" it. However, I disagree... I don't think it's due to any desire for the US to broadcast it, just that because we're always in the news because we DO SOMETHING around the world...we're just more visible than say Amsterdam, and our society is then put under the microscope...

Hehe, I knew that God comment would bring Truth out into the open...

"until god himself stops it with a third world war. "
If he truly loved his flock, wouldn't he solve it with a few sentences during a public appearance, instead of a war? C'mon, even Streisand doesn't have that much stagefright...

[Edited on 13-2-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

Our country has not become like this because of religion i assure you william but the (lack) of religion which
is baised on (morality)..

peace.

And why must morality and religion be intertwined? If people in general would just have some common decency and morality, we wouldn't need religion to give us it. Besides, the "muslims" are no more immoral than the "christians" - killing people in the name of a religion who's principles they actually fail to follow properly is not what I count as moral.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Good point: Religion is an outgrowth of Morality and dependent upon it. The reciprocal is not true.

Yup, a WWIII is upon us without the whole ludicrous question of the Worlds lone Superpower, 30 times over, launching a preemptive war against an emaciated Third World country, being adequately validated. Not that it could be, though.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The East say its about religion. But they seem to have forgotten the time we stood up for their people when they were fighting the palestinians.....or some other people.....can't remember sorry!!

top topics

join