It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Over Los Angeles Evening of Aug 1, 2009?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Umm - I'm almost afraid to post this but I have to. I was outside sitting on the curb in front of my house watching my neighbor do some work on my car (freakin' thing under the bottom was falling off - cheap cars) Anyway, I'm always watching the sky; watching the weird summer weather - dark clouds rolling in from the west when I saw this "object" in the sky. At first I thought maybe it was some type of bird or maybe a plane. But it wasn't anything I've ever seen. I know there's a lot I haven't seen. It wasn't balloons either. It was moving very, very slowly. I couldn't really make out the shape because it was so high up - but it was weird. It did appear to be big and black. As far as the shape - it was difficult to make out. It wasn't round or cigar-shaped. The closet thing that I can imagine that it looked like was a REALLY big bird or something similarly shaped. It was not a bird though. The reason I know that it wasn't was because it was too big and was moving too slowly. For a while, it was barely moving. Additionally, I brought it to my neighbor's attention and he looked at it for a few seconds and said, "that IS weird," then got back to what he was doing. I called my daughter from the house to come look but by the time she came out it had moved away too far to really be very negligible. As she walked back into the house, I looked up as it was just about out of sight and I saw a formation of three black "things" like a perfect triangle. I absolutely saw this. I know I said that clouds were rolling in but it was still light (about between 7:30 and 7:45 p.m.) and they had just started coming in.

Oh and by the way, I live near Inglewood, CA - so if I had to give a ballpark guess, I'd say very roughly that the object would be over about the 110 freeway between Slauson and Florence. I can't estimate how high it was. I kept watching for about the next 20 minutes while the neighbor was working and didn't see anything else unusual. Plus the clouds were getting thicker.

Anyway, did anyone else happen to see anything?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Twenty minutes? Did you perhaps get a photo? Someone is reporting a U.F.O. right now in Santa Monica I wonder if it's perhaps the same one or ones your seeing.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

Ahhhh - no - no photo. I actually was too busy trying to decide if what I was looking at was actually a bird, a plane or Super Man. lol. I didn't actually observe it for 20 mins - I observed it for probably, roughly 5 minutes, again trying to determine what it is. I didn't think to note the time until about 15 minutes after I'd seen it; when I thought about coming here to post. If the person in Santa Monica saw a "black thing" it could be the same thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Kenton, I'm not sure if this is what you're meaning.

This is a video of a UFO being seen in Santa Monica.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Wow! I don't know what it was, but it was really cool!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Hm... I couldn't even say that my first guess would be cgi, cause that one seems a bit too advanced for a "normal" guy to pull off.
It looks very beautiful, and very intelligent in it's behavior.

I hope it's not another viral campaign.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
yeah, i hate to scream cgi too, but that exist sequence on the 2nd light had such a typical "exit" tween. very "sensational".

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Look, I'm with you guys on it, that, yeah, it "screams fake," but this is not even close to being a regular CGI video.

Hell, the palm tree UFO hoax video is considered good CGI, and that's crap next to this.

I don't know if this is fake or not; all I know is, it's a video of a UFO in Santa Monica, as Kenton said someone reported a UFO.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

The thing I saw was definitely black, or at least very dark to appear black.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I just came back from hiking in Topanga.
I SAW MORE UFOs THAN I COULD COUNT.

Not joking.
I could not tell how far or how big they were.
They were simply lights in the dark. White/yellowish/orange
The true UFOs have really weird irregular patterns (apparently random blinking, random speed - slower then what one would think or maybe just a quick spark) and seem to be communicating with you somehow.
Whatever has regular patterns (and usually red light) I figure it is human, the rest are unknown.

There was one particular UFO that made me freak out. It seemed big and it was getting REALLY close (and it seemed like it had fumes of some sort). I got crazy scared and ran away as fast as I could.

Wild night.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

if you take the time to watch the santamonica footage (43 seconds) at about the 15, 16,or 17 second mark on the video you can see a light ball streak across the lower part of the frame...i think the big slow object has dissappeared by this point.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

For interest's sake & so as not to de-rail this thread, perhaps you should start another thread to discuss that video.

For what it's worth, at 1st pass I say CGI.

Otherwise given the area, this would be all over the MSM, having been witnessed by many, many people.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
In response to the Santa Monica video....

I have to say, that is an exceptional fake. However, I doubt it is simple CGI. Bluebeam tests have begun (doubt it), or it could be viral marketing.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Sure, I can make a thread on that video alone.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The video's certainly well made. What makes me suspect it isn't real is the dialogue. An incident like this would have an effect on the modulation of anyone's voice. Casual remarks in conversational tones that something is 'so gorgeous' is wildly unlikely. The background activity is also unsupportive of an event of that magnitude. Cursing, shouting and raised pitches would be a natural reaction.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

For interest's sake & so as not to de-rail this thread, perhaps you should start another thread to discuss that video.

For what it's worth, at 1st pass I say CGI.

Otherwise given the area, this would be all over the MSM, having been witnessed by many, many people.

Yip, good shout on that!

top topics

join