It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is not an alien

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
ok first off i will say that people need somthing to believe in. This is my belief.

God is not an alien nor is he/she the only god, why well lets look at history, how many years of recorded history is there before christianity came around and during those years how many civalizations were there that had numerous amounts of gods in there beliefs? my point exactly.

now i'm not bashing religion what u want to believe is up to you. Just dont force those beleifs onto other's.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What is an "alien?" I can't really see any definition for this word that would not apply to God (or any god for that matter). I don't think this is a matter of attacking people's beliefs (but I do have issues with "belief" systems) but it is more a matter of humans trying to define the undefinable (which is where all of our mythos stem from anyway). Keep an open mind and keep thinking!

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Look religion was made to scare mankind into doing the right thing.People need a sense of a afterlife or we would collapse. But...... There is no god that created man... man created God

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I disagree a lot with you Warhappy Religion isnt made by man and God created man. If you think otherwise then how did man come to be (dont go of the subject).

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Maybe we are just a big lab experiment gone amuck.

In the bible god took a rib from Adam to make Eve. DNA is found in bone marrow or something. Maybe god was an alien scientist. Abductions are our makers performing check ups on their 'lab rats'.

I'm sorry if that is off subject.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
I disagree a lot with you Warhappy Religion isnt made by man and God created man. If you think otherwise then how did man come to be (dont go of the subject).

Theory of Evolution

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Not getting the point religion is there as a scar tatic, if gods do exist then there is more then just one all powerfull, mainly because that is the order out of chaos,

then why do all the old civalization have more then one god in them???
explain

i wrote the title god is not an alien becuse i wanted people to reply! lol

as they say there is a fine line between suicide and matryism, or are they just the same thing

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Look, Gods are not real, afterlife isnt real, humans are just a phreak of nature on the universe skail.......People dont understand that god is the biggest scam in the history of the world!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by madwalrus911
Not getting the point religion is there as a scar tatic, if gods do exist then there is more then just one all powerfull, mainly because that is the order out of chaos,

explain

i wrote the title god is not an alien becuse i wanted people to reply! lol

as they say there is a fine line between suicide and matryism, or are they just the same thing

I'm pagan, I believe many gods make one god. Like dice, there are multiple sides, yet it makes a whole. I don't know if that makes sense...
Though some seem to be there to scare people into certian behaviors others I think are there to provide hope.
I do not know if they created us, or we them, but they are here now.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Okok people ill admit ""Iam God"

"You can tell a man there are 100 billion stars in the galaxy and he'll believe it, but tell a man a bench has wet paint and he has to touch it to see if its true!!!""

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

This is an incorrect statement. Not all old civilizations were multi-theistic. In ancient Egypt there was a movement that converted the entire populace to a mono-theistic society that worshipped one God, Atun (sp?). Also, the ancient Hebrews worshipped one God, Yaweh. I believe that Buddism is also mono-theistic but I could be wrong on this one. However, I am sure there are others.

It is true that many past cultures were multi-theistic (and some still are) which only makes sense when you remember the basis of all religion - the human need to explain that which they do not understand.

It is obvious that the Christians realized and accepted this. That is why they created the Saint structure of their religion to compensate the "pagans" that were converted and used to a multi-theistic belief structure.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warhappy
Okok people ill admit ""Iam God"

"You can tell a man there are 100 billion stars in the galaxy and he'll believe it, but tell a man a bench has wet paint and he has to touch it to see if its true!!!""

Shall I worship you?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If you want to worship me slyverwolf go right ahead

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Does anyone see where iam comein from with this opinion i have?????

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Which post are you refering to ??

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
to Mr No One

i understand what you are saying but evan your comments on the saint structure in christianity still points as being "multi-theistic" as u put it.

one cannot controll all it is not possible evan in realistic terms.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warhappy
Does anyone see where iam comein from with this opinion i have?????

That god is not real? That there is no afterlife? That religion is just a big security blanket for us?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Mr No One, the saints, in that structure were a Catholic thing, and many of the christian sects do not believe that a saint is a demi-god, but more just what a follower of christ becomes.

Romans 1:7 ...to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called as saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 of 41 verses in the pauline epistles, is used more often that the term Christians...sigh

Anyway, Christians, are told by scriptures that we are to be "in this word" and not "of this world," technically making anyone who follows Christ spiritually, an alien, as much as that follower is to be like Christ, which in turm makes Christ the spiritual alien, and as he is a part of God, then God is a spiritual alien. Kind of hard to make the God who created a member of the creation--though humanly, he did by becoming christ...

So, my point? Spiritually, he is an alien. When he became Christ, he was man, and was not. --just Bible Semantics.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

to Mr No One

i understand what you are saying but evan your comments on the saint structure in christianity still points as being "multi-theistic" as u put it.

one cannot controll all it is not possible evan in realistic terms.

You must understand the roll of the saints in the Christian based religions. They are not gods, demi-gods or god's helpers in any way, shape or form. They exist only as a go-between between the faithful and God. Consider them like advisors. The idea being that the faithful could express their concerns over a specific situation to a saint who in turn would help in taking the prayer to God. They have no real power, they are more like figure heads used to represent the lesser gods of the multi-theistic religions and make conversion easier for those come from that kind of background.

When you get right down to it, in a mono-theistic belief structure, God does not CONTROL everything. God creates and then lets events unfurl. God has the power to affect everything, but for the most part lets the machine run itself - so to speak.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
Mr No One, the saints, in that structure were a Catholic thing, and many of the christian sects do not believe that a saint is a demi-god, but more just what a follower of christ becomes.

Romans 1:7 ...to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called as saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Christian/Catholic belief structure does not impart on saints any power other than that of an advisor. I'm not quite sure what your bible quote is in reference to. The idea that Catholocism (which is, by definition, the entirety of Christiandom) imparts a demi-god status to any of the "supporting" cast of the Bible is just a born-again falacy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join