It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodies litter streets after Nigeria unrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Bodies litter streets after Nigeria unrest

uk.news.yahoo.com

Bodies littered the streets here Saturday after Nigerian forces crushed an Islamist sect's uprising and controversially gunned down the movement's leader after his capture.

On Saturday, authorities searched cars and questioned passers-by in the city, where an AFP reporter saw more than 30 decomposing bodies in three different districts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

according to some news this is just the tinyest tip of the iceburg - with the nigerian government killing everyone even remotely suspected of being involved - your brother might have talked to them at some point? the entire family from grandparents to babies in arms are dragged out and hacked to pieces.

yet nothing is even heard about the dark continent and the daily , nee hourly brutality which is corporate funded.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/8/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
In agreement, the dark continent, doesn't get the media attention it deserves. Thirty bodies disposed of on a public thoroughfare and no press coverage or seemingly no press coverage? It is a travesty not to cover as a headline or front page by the mainstream media the barbarity imposed on the people of Africa by foreign governments and corporations by proxy. If memory serves there is a lot of oil and riches to be had in Nigeria? Apparently, the Islamists are bad for business and the puppets in government were utilize to do a little house cleaning.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Though I'm not disputing the involvement of corporations in the third world, the people committing these horrific atrocities have to be willing...and boy... are they willing! It takes a particular type of individual to hack up an innocent baby with a machete.

I'm sorry, some of these people are certifiable monsters.

IRM

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
the censor for the page is breaking the link(s) sadly

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
There are fanatical ( and I mean fanatical) groups in Nigeria and every once in a while the go on the rampage, if this is the case I can understand the reaction by the government, however there are questionable motives behind some of the governments motives but the real blame for corruption in Nigeria lies partly with western governments and companies because it is a rich country both in resources and man power.

Population = 124009000

Ethnic groups = 389

Tenth most populated country in the world.

Also Africa was carved up by the Colonial powers ( hence a lot of straight lines for some countries) so no wonder there will be tension.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
You know that saying from the Age of Reconnaissance (something like this):

"Below the equator there's no ethics."

In the world of "savages" everything is allowed.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
You know that saying from the Age of Reconnaissance (something like this):

"Below the equator there's no ethics."

In the world of "savages" everything is allowed.

I wonder where ethics do exist. Considering over 100 million people died in Europe in two wars, the real savages of the world have always been the people who can justify their grandfather's involvement in bombing to death tens of thousands of non-combatants in one night as "history," but consider 30 decomposing bodies in an African city to be "a sign of a savage people."

Maybe if they had buried them in mass graves, they would be more like their civilized cousins to the north?

Jon

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This was regarding the massacres in Americas during conquest. They never needed an excuse. Instead, they had that saying.

Of course, whatever they did there, they did first in their own countries, in Europe and Asia.

It will be repeated, I have no doubt about that.

new topics

top topics

join