It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[New] Soviets Unable to Blow Whistle on Apollo Hoax?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
reply to post by Tomblvd

BS on the money part. They spent less in the 50's and got it done. DOn't give me that crap. They are experts and they should know how to do things faster and a more timely manner. That is a bunch of hogwash.

If the government removes funding from NASA for a trip to the moon, where do you suppose they get it?

Obama CANCELLED the program. That means the money was taken away.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomblvd

He canceled the project because of all the delays, asking for more money, disorganized, "lack of competition", etc. Don't blame this on Obama, but blame NASA. Even Rockerfeller mentioned he is skeptical of human spaceflight

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Tomblvd

He canceled the project because of all the delays, asking for more money, disorganized, "lack of competition", etc. Don't blame this on Obama, but blame NASA. Even Rockerfeller mentioned he is skeptical of human spaceflight

So how does that make it better? He cancelled the project. You want them to go anyway?

Can you at least try to make some sense?

Even Rockerfeller mentioned he is skeptical of human spaceflight

Good for him. Looks like he was very wrong, unless you want to tell me the Shuttle and the ISS are hoaxes too.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

So, according to your calculations, the supposed ham radio intercepts concerning the big disks on the Moon are bogus?
Oh, and will you please answer my question about who General A is from the Art Bell show plz?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Rockefeller was skeptical of the value of space flight, not its reality. Why do hoaxers keep repeating that ridiculous claim?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Really?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Then he goes on to say:

"I agree with the president, that we need a measured, nationally, globally relevant sustainable human space flight program.

Not one solely bound by place and time in space...

Way to take something waaaay out of context, but hey, that's the whole premise of this thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Tomblvd

BS on the money part. They spent less in the 50's and got it done. DOn't give me that crap. They are experts and they should know how to do things faster and a more timely manner. That is a bunch of hogwash.

At the height of the Apollo design phase in the mid-1960s, NASA's budget was roughly double (in today's dollars) what the annual budget has been for the past several years -- and it was about 10X more of the % of the federal budget.

For example, NASA's 2010 budget is about 0.5% of the federal budget. in 1965 it was 5.5% of the federal budget.

In 1965, space was a much larger federal priority than it is now.

[edit on 9/3/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

reply to post by DJW001

Really?

Can you do something that is seldom done and tell me exactly what was being discussed on that video, and now it pertains to the discussion?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Frank Byrne doesn't seem to agree with the whole thing. He said it could have been but it wasn't a hoax. How come most of the persons hoax believers quote don't seem to agree with them?

Would've also preferred the post without all the
faces.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Originally posted by Tomblvd
Such as?

Please take a deep look at the OPS threads in his profile, you will see he puts a great deal of effort in to his threads and all his information is backed up by actual evidence, unlike alot of threads on this site. Please pay special attention to many of the videos that the OP posts for us to see.

Oh dear, how did I miss this gem?

Effort? Only if by effort you mean "editing out the parts that prove your point utterly wrong".

I guess it does take effort to be that dishonest.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tomblvd

Yup the OP is well known for doing this.

This thread is no exception.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Here are some examples of his well thought out threads:
[Busted] NASA caught faking...
Nowhere does he establish that NASA ever claimed that the photograph he found was of an actual spacewalk. In other words, he made the whole thing up, and relied on Jarrah White videos to "prove" his point.
[Exposed] Apollo image indicative of lunar structure
In this one, he doesn't even say anything. He just posts some photographs and asks what secret they reveal. One of them does show the lunar exosphere, but he doesn't bother to explain it. How odd that someone who believes that Apollo was a hoax seems to think these photographs are real.
[Busted] NASA Tries to Conceal Lunar Structure
In this one, he compares two different scans of the same photographs and concludes that the cleaner one must have been "altered" to conceal the scratches and dust on the poor quality one (although he seems to think the marks are "really" a mysterious "lunar structure.") He then implies that it might be due to marks on the front projection screen that Stanley Kubrick used! His posts aren't even internally consistent.

Returning to this current thread, he has found an old newspaper article that mentions that Jodrell Bank received transmission from an early Soviet lunar probe. He then makes an unbelievable mental leap to conclude that the Soviets could not track or monitor Apollo. Yes, a very typical well researched, well thought out post from the "Master of Debate."

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

The Soviets actually had to rely on our telescopes to track their own lunar probes right up until 1976. The telescopes that the communists were dependent on were the Lovell Telescope and the one at Jodrell Bank.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

Exuberant, all your points, especially the one above, have been proven completely wrong. Are you ever going to acknowledge your error or are you going to somehow support the points in the OP?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomblvd

Originally posted by Exuberant1
The Soviets actually had to rely on our telescopes to track their own lunar probes right up until 1976. The telescopes that the communists were dependent on were the Lovell Telescope and the one at Jodrell Bank.

Exuberant, all your points, especially the one above, have been proven completely wrong. Are you ever going to acknowledge your error or are you going to somehow support the points in the OP?

Tomblvd.....

The op knows exactly what he's doing.....he's far too smart & well versed in his subject material not to.

Therefore, the awful position we are left in is that he is willfully misrepresentintg & hoaxing much of his material.

It is a shame too see such a "good brain" go to waste in this way.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Tomblvd.....

The op knows exactly what he's doing.....he's far too smart & well versed in his subject material not to.

Therefore, the awful position we are left in is that he is willfully misrepresentintg & hoaxing much of his material.

It is a shame too see such a "good brain" go to waste in this way.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I respectfully disagree.

He may know what he is doing, but his subsequent replies on this and other threads leads me to believe he is anything but "smart & well versed" in the material he's posting.

Everything in the OP is almost identical to Jarrah White's videos. And while I despise argumentum ad youtubum, he at least made the effort to transcribe Jarrah's points into his own words (well, at least some of them). But the fact that he never tried to verify the rather simple points in the videos makes me think he is almost pathologically incurious (usually a fatal condition, IIRC).

But it matters not, because we will never get an attempt to clarify his points, although boko2010 or Foos may be along to change the subject.

As you say, maybe, maybe not. (but I know where my money's going)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
if you take the russians out of it you still have an entire planet of intelligent people who would have pointed of the hoax if it was one during the missions actually occuring

if you want to research someone who actually tacked apollo 11, please loo into

3rd party evidence of apollo landings

larry baysinger

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Maybe Jackie Kennedy called up Tatiana Romanova and said we are teaching the kids to astral project can we borrow your moon pictures? Would make perfect sense if we all lived in a sane world where countries worked together rather than waste their budgets on redundant functions. How much did it cost to build Jodrell Bank?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
More thread necromancy! What to do? I know... Anal nathrach utwas bhethod dochiel dynbhe... anal nathrach uthwas bhethod dochiel dynbhe....

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Exuberant1

Two of the greatest visionaries of the space age were Werner Von Braun and Walt Disney.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join