It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nag Hammadi Surprise!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Ever heard of the "Nag Hammadi" ?
Ancient writings, mostly ' religious', (Gnostic), discovered in Egypt in 1945, by an Arab peasant digging in search of fertilizer for his fields. He came upon this earthenware huge jar, smashed it open, to find inside of it more than a dozen old papyrus books bound in golden brown leather which were an extraordinary collection of ancient texts, manuscripts hidden probably by monks around the year 390, from the nearby monastery of St. Pachomius to protect them from being destroyed by the orthodox Church.

I found something in these texts that just may be of interest to the people who are interested in aliens and U.F.O.s Quite a strange text, that's for sure!

Read this! : "And I am an alien and a citizen."

You can read the rest of this ancient text here: www.gnosis.org...

And the whole Nag Hammadi Library you can checkitout for yourself right here: www.gnosis.org...

[Edited on 5/10/2004 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Interesting but taken out of context. He's simply saying he is foreign and yet he isn't foreign.For example in the next line he says,"I am the substance and the one who has no substance".

He's speaking on yin and yang...he is good and he is evil...he is the sun and he is the moon.

[Edited on 5-10-2004 by Preest]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I recognize that to be from "Thunder, the Perfect Mind". The Nag Hammadi texts are very interesting, in that they basically invalidate most religions. (Which, I believe, is the reason that they were hidden to begin with.) They are generally considered Gnostic, however, there are some decidedly Christian writings in there, too. The problem is, they frighten the powers that be (Read: The Church) because they directly contradict everything that organized religion stands for. I found them refreshing, and highly interesting.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I agree that it means foreigner in thisd context.
You also have to remember that this is translated from the original Aramaic.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
you're right Preest. I read the whole thing and I thought that this being sure is huge and has many strange capabilities. So I figured that perhaps there was more to the word "alien" being used than to describe that they are from a different country as well as participating in the country they are in right now, in their text.

Anyway....

Here are some pictures that show how alien presence has been around before the camera. These are paintings from way back.
You can check it out on this website: www.dudeman.net...

Renaissance Art

~ "The Madonna with Saint Giovannino" ~
"Above Mary's left shoulder is a shining, or glowing, disk shaped object.
A man and his dog can clearly be seen looking up at the floating object in the composite below.
Painted in the 15th century, Palazzo Vecchio lists the artist as unknown ~ although attributed to the Lippi school."

"The Crucifixion" hangs above the altar at the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia ~ it was painted in 1350.
On either side of Jesus are a pair of Jetsons like skycars, one chasing the other ~ the pilots apparently working controls.
The leading craft is decorated with two twinkling stars, one reminiscent of national insignia on modern aircraft.

"Could there possibly have been sightings of UFOs like these, single pilot craft, in medieval Yugoslavia?
Did people of the time merely imagine the inside and workings ~ or did they witness it for themselves?"

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ouizel
I recognize that to be from "Thunder, the Perfect Mind". The Nag Hammadi texts are very interesting, in that they basically invalidate most religions. (Which, I believe, is the reason that they were hidden to begin with.) They are generally considered Gnostic, however, there are some decidedly Christian writings in there, too. The problem is, they frighten the powers that be (Read: The Church) because they directly contradict everything that organized religion stands for. I found them refreshing, and highly interesting.

That's right!

The Thunder, Perfect Mind

"I was sent forth from the power,

and I have come to those who reflect upon me,
and I have been found among those who seek after me.
Look upon me, you who reflect upon me,
and you hearers, hear me.
You who are waiting for me, take me to yourselves.
And do not banish me from your sight.
And do not make your voice hate me, nor your hearing.
Do not be ignorant of me anywhere or any time. Be on your guard!
Do not be ignorant of me."

www.gnosis.org...

To me...that sounds more powerful than human!

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamaraMorgueAnn
To me...that sounds more powerful than human!

Indeed. I believe that Sophia is purported to have dictated that piece, and she would be much, much more powerful than a human, if the rest of the Nag Hammadi texts are accurate. She would be the creator of the creator, from the old testament, and close to the ultimate creator. It gets rather convoluted, but it's very interesting.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Here are some pictures that show how alien presence has been around before the camera. These are paintings from way back.

Hi Samara,

I was a medievalist in graduate school. The medievals and early renaissance peoples believed that saints and other holy persons traveled in glory, and they represented that belief by showing saints traveling in comets. Comets were considered signs from god by people all over the world during this period. As they still are today, by people who do not know about their periodic nature.

Another good example of a medieval comet is the depiction of Haley's Comet in the Bayeux Tapestry:

www.getty.edu...

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
But this don't look like a comet, nor does the experience of these folks say anything about saints or comets....

"Haratonohama, Hitachi, Japan ~ 1803
The book "Ume No Chiri" (Dust of Apricot)
tells us that a "foreign ship and crew" was once
witnessed at Haratonohama (Haratono Seashore)
in Hitachi no Kuni (Ibaragi Prefecture), Japan.
The outer shell was made of iron and glass ~
and strange letters were seen inside the ship.
Notice also four examples of alien heiroglyphs."

Perhaps, have you ever thought that maybe some of them thought they were comets for lack of better knowledge? And perhaps, no doubt, some of them were comets!

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

But this don't look like a comet, nor does the experience of these folks say anything about saints or comets....

"Haratonohama, Hitachi, Japan ~ 1803
The book "Ume No Chiri" (Dust of Apricot)
tells us that a "foreign ship and crew" was once
witnessed at Haratonohama (Haratono Seashore)
in Hitachi no Kuni (Ibaragi Prefecture), Japan.
The outer shell was made of iron and glass ~
and strange letters were seen inside the ship.
Notice also four examples of alien heiroglyphs."

Perhaps, have you ever thought that maybe some of them thought they were comets for lack of better knowledge? And perhaps, no doubt, some of them were comets!
I think that picture is a fake, if it is historically accurate please direct everybody to a more professional link...for instance an Oriental University, Oriental Fiction Research Department, some type of legitimate study or translation on this piece. I make it a point not to take any "historical" artwork seriously when it comes from a site named, Dudeman. Would you be able to come up with a more researched or scientific site for this certain piece?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hey all

yeah i agree with Preest if u downloaded the images of the internet or scaned it from a book then quote the sorce,

Also SamaraMorgueAnn the first painting with the object above her sholder to me seems to be a UFO, why three words, Unidentified Flying Object, it could be anythying an alien space craft ball lighting, a comet, who knows, but good of you to point it out none the less that UFO's could have been recorded in paintings back then.

I think that even some cave painting have dipicted UFO's, not sure but if so would not mind getting backed up on that one.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Well, I have to say that the picture looks like a forgery to me. The figure of the man is drawn with a much higher level of technical competence and artistic ability than the ufo. Even the man is suspect, as the lines are frequently broken in a way that suggests poor reproduction.

If we can find an authoritative source for the image and it is authentic, then I'm quite willing to change my mind.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
For I am knowledge and ignorance.
I am shame and boldness.
I am shameless; I am ashamed.
I am strength and I am fear.
I am war and peace.
Give heed to me.
I am the one who is disgraced and the great one.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Here's a interesting passage from the Protoevangelium (of James) of a 'time-stopping moment.'
M.R. James-Translation and Notes
Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1924

Now I Joseph was walking, and I walked not. And I looked up to the air and saw the air in amazement. And I looked up unto the pole of the heaven and saw it standing still, and the fowls of the heaven without motion. And I looked upon the earth and saw a dish set, and workmen lying by it, and their hands were in the dish: and they that were chewing chewed not, and they that were lifting the food lifted it not, and they that put it to their mouth put it not thereto, but the faces of all of them were looking upward. And behold there were sheep being driven, and they went not forward but stood still; and the shepherd lifted his hand to smite them with his staff, and his hand remained up. And I looked upon the stream of the river and saw the mouths of the kids upon the water and they drank not. And of a sudden all things moved onward in their course.

new topics

top topics

join