It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe as a hologram ... REALLY!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It is late here in Japan and i cannot sleep. So, instead of counting sheep, I like the typical ATSer decide to start to think about the reality of my existance. Ok, not the best for sleeping but.. anyway ... moving back to the topic... ha ha Ok, I started thinking about holograms, not sure why, but the force was just with me. I started thinking about how real that they look and that if we could create a moving hologram, could we create another world... OK star strek for one idea.... So, I decided to do a search on hologram and reality. Low and behold I found www.twm.co.nz... This is very long reading, but please read it all. This is one of the best articles that I have read. I Have heard about sub-stomic particles communicating at unimaginable distances instantly, but this brings it into a new perspective. This article explains many things and is serious study. I study reality alot and have never heard of this. Not sure if anyone else has or am I just sssssloooooooow????
Anyways, I would like to get other optinions and lets see where this will go....

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yeah... I heard all about this a couple months ago in a Scientific American Magazine. I still have it, not sure what the date is on it. Pretty interesting, but old news for me.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I recently read the book by Michael Talbot on this subject. While I rather like the elegance of the holographic theory, I think that the book would be ill received by scientific types, just due to the majority of it's content being more on parapsychology and paranormal phenomena.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Is there any calculations that support this theory or just speculation. It is a cool idea but without proof it is tough for me to believe. Sounds like just another way of looking at our mysterious universe, but this theory in my imagination really opens up the possibility of traveling unimaginable distances through worm holes.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It is all speculation. It is though, rather odd to look at it and say..."wow...that kinda does make a little sense". I think that letting ourselves look at these things...objectively, may allow us understand much more than we ever though possible...even if I dont think the universe is a hologram or anything like it.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Now this is indeed an interesting topic. One of few i've seen in a while. The possibility of this is very likely i would say, in fact, incredibly likely. I've come to believe in the past 2 yrs or so that we are all connected to a higher power, God, much like the Borg, we are all interconnected. So therefore, why not create a world in which we can inhabit, experience learn from. A Holographic Universe ... amazing thought! Now, if one can use 'belief' to create 'reality' which happens every single day world wide, why not shift our thought patterns to believing this, creating reality from non reality? Now i can't get this thought out of my head
Oh i like this!!!! The possiblilities are indeed endless! And as the Human Consiousness expands, we will begin to see things occur more and more that physically shouldn't be possible. Thanks for this post.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I find the concept of an Ancestral Simulation easier to see as existing, due to what Moore's Law says about computer power.

For those of you who don't know, an Ancestral Simulation is a simulation made by a civilisation whose computer power is so great that they could create exact replica's of the past in order to visit them as a method of "travelling" back through time, to see how the world was like back then. Due to the immense power of the computers, many of these simulated worlds would exist and the law of probability says that only a very small percentage of the entire population would be physically real, hence, we're probably all just part of a computer program, even worse than the Matrix because we can't get out of it.. unless we uploaded ourself into a machine outside it? lol

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Ancestral Simulation...interesting but still pure speculation. I tend to like M-Theory and the Theory of Hyperspace(Superstring Theory).

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Ancestral Simulation...interesting but still pure speculation. I tend to like M-Theory and the Theory of Hyperspace(Superstring Theory).

Would you care to enlighten those of us who are, as yet, not so?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lyriox
I find the concept of an Ancestral Simulation easier to see as existing, due to what Moore's Law says about computer power.

For those of you who don't know, an Ancestral Simulation is a simulation made by a civilisation whose computer power is so great that they could create exact replica's of the past in order to visit them as a method of "travelling" back through time, to see how the world was like back then. Due to the immense power of the computers, many of these simulated worlds would exist and the law of probability says that only a very small percentage of the entire population would be physically real, hence, we're probably all just part of a computer program, even worse than the Matrix because we can't get out of it.. unless we uploaded ourself into a machine outside it? lol

Most definately. A highly sophisticated machine called, "Consciousness".

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lyriox

Would you care to enlighten those of us who are, as yet, not so?

I didn't say I was elightened I was just offering an informed opininion which is still just as speculative as Acestral Simulation. Here is a brief description of both theory's(even though they are competing theory's)
Theory of Hyperspace is the theory that we live in a 10-11 dimensional universer with the smallest bits of matter being sub-quantum-hyperdeminsional vibrating strings.(I think thats how it goes) M-Theory has a 6-d universal model. The reason why these theories are important is because they are the only ones able to incorporate gravity along with all the other forces of the universe. Has anyone heard of Dr. Michio Kaku? He is the author of Theory of Hyperspace and Visions. Here is how he describes his theory in this link
Hope this helps

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I didn't say I was elightened I was just offering an informed opininion which is still just as speculative as Acestral Simulation.

Sorry, no offence was actually meant, I just use the term enlightened to mean that you know information we don't, even if it is opinion-based
. Sorry again.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This theory is quite startling !Very difficult to disprove.It seems to make sense when you consider how obsessed archaeoligists are with trying to reconstruct early history using forensic tecniques, computer programs etc.Definitely food for thought.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Excellent article. Thanks for posting it. This is something to think about. Brilliant discoveries are being made in our generation!

"According to Bohm, the apparent faster-than-light connection between subatomic particles is really telling us that there is a deeper level of reality we are not privy to, a more complex dimension beyond our own that is analogous to the aquarium. And, he adds, we view objects such as subatomic particles as separate from one another because we are seeing only a portion of their reality. Such particles are not separate "parts", but facets of a deeper and more underlying unity that is ultimately as holographic and indivisible as the previously mentioned rose. And since everything in physical reality is comprised of these "eidolons", the universe is itself a projection, a hologram."

"The Japanese monkey, Macaca fuscata, had been observed in the wild for a period of over 30 years. In 1952, on the Island of Koshima, scientists were providing monkeys with sweet potatoes dropped in the sand. The monkeys liked the taste of the raw sweet potatoes, but found the dirt unpleasant. An 18 month old female named Imo found she could solve the problem by washing the potatoes in the salty ocean water, improving the taste of the potato. She taught this trick to her mother. Her playmates learned this trick and taught their mothers too. This cultural innovation was gradually picked up by numerous monkeys in the troop and observed by the scientists..."

"....but a surprising occurrence was observed by these scientists. The habit of washing the sweet potato had jumped overseas. Colonies of monkeys on other islands and the mainland troop at Takaskiyama began washing their sweet potatoes."
....."This new awareness is communicated mind to mind."

pure-research.net...

It's similar to the Universe is a Hologram Theory.

[Edited on 5/10/2004 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Lyriox no problem Im also sorry for not explaining my posision more thouroughly. imhoptep love the name man
actually i think the Holographic theory doesn't incorporate gravity in it i could be wrong though. When dealing with theory's like this it is very easy to speculate and also very hard to prove. You would probably need a Ph.D. in Quantum Theory and General Relativity to even think about it seriously. But still I love topics like this because right now there is no wrong answer just plausible and inplausible speculation. Here's an piece of speculation. Maybe when we're awake we are not actually awake but dreaming and when we are sleeping we are actually awake.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yeah, some of that text is from Michael Talbot's "The Holographic Universe". It's a very good read and I would reccomend it to anyone inclined to the subject.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The best speculation you ask? That we are what we think we are!

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Yeah, some of that text is from Michael Talbot's "The Holographic Universe". It's a very good read and I would reccomend it to anyone inclined to the subject.

I think I'll take you up on that thanks. Have you read anything by M. Kaku? Brilliant man and who know maybe his theory's will inspire the next Einstien. One question though does Michael Talbot try to incorporate E=mc2 and Quantum Mechanics?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
"...at a deeper level of reality all things in the universe are infinitely interconnected." (from the article, "The Universe as a Hologram)

I took this next piece out of a book I have, called: "Spiritual Beings" in the Heavenly Bodies & in the Kingdoms of Nature. By Rudolf Steiner.

[Lecture Five] "...Let us follow the planet further. It passes through space; it has an inner impulse that drives it through space, just as a human being has an inner impulse of will causing him or her to take steps, to walk along in space. What leads the planet through space and governs its movement through space and causes it to revolve around the fixed star corresponds to the spirits of will, or the thrones. Now, if these spirits of will were to give only the impulse of motion to the planet, every planet would go its own way through the universe; but this is not the case, for every planet acts in conformity with the WHOLE SYSTEM. The motion is not only so regulated that the planet moves, but it is brought into due order with the whole planetary system. Just as due order is brought, let us say, to a group of people, of whom one goes in one direction and another in another, to reach a common goal--the movements of the planets are also so arranged that they harmonize."

"...Just as what lives in human beings as spirit-self, life-spirit, and spirit-human (manas, budhi, atma) creates sheaths in the consciousness soul, intellectual soul, sentient soul, astral, etheric, and physical bodies, so do the fixed stars of planetary systems move through space as the bodies of divine beings. Inasmuch as we contemplated the life of the world of stars, we contemplate the bodies of the gods, and finally of the Divine as such."

All this is saying is that everything already does work together. And you really can't split anything up, like we do here in the forums. Because everything works together not separate, the way we imagine it to be sometime, most of the time hahaha!

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

One question though does Michael Talbot try to incorporate E=mc2 and Quantum Mechanics?

Yes, he does. The book starts out on a very scientific basis, and then progresses to incorporate various psi phenomena as well. I've seen the book panned by scientific types, but I wouldn't think that would be fair. I'd recommend keeping an open mind, but not so much that your brains fall out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join