It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacko settles for $7 million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
No link.

I just saw it on Fox News, so it must be true.

Apparently this strategy avoids Michael Jackson's finances being opened up totally before the Court, which is a little less interesting. But there are plenty of other things to keep us entertained!

One less distraction. Happy for this to be placed where it belongs.

Will Jacko return to make any more blockbuster albums? Will he still invite young Americans for sleepovers?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I still hope he gets sent all the way into the slammer. There's no doubt in my mind that he did what he is charged for, and he needs to pay for his transgressions...

EDIT: Sorry about that quote, I didn't realize I had even done that.

[Edited on 5-10-04 by Carvador]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I just saw it on Fox News, so it must be true.

wow. never heard that before. lol. but since its about michael jackson, it probably is. just searched on google news and couldn't find anything however.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I saw the story get thirty seconds twice on Fox News in an hour, about 12 hours ago, so it must be doubly true.

Fox scoops again. Yay Fox!

Sarcasm now off.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
So thats it? Just hands over the cash and he is free to debase some other kid....or monkey.... wonder the next time somebody will accuse him, easy way to become a millionare.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
1. This is the second such payout from Jacko on the public record.

2. Yep, that's it. No trial.

3. This news was sandwiched between the dates of first publication of photos of abuse of Iraqi prisoners in US custody, and the release of a sensational video purporting to cover the beheading of a US citizen in Iraq. Very interesting timing from Jacko and his lawyers.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Great timing for Mr. Wacko himself, spotlight removed completely. I just can't believe that investigation stops now. This mean there will be no real clarification, again, as to whether the pop megastar maniac was actually guilty of doing anything. I think that the out of court settlements speak for themselves.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm not a Jackson fan but makes you wonder about the validity of the case. Seems obvious that the kids were never molested. I'll say this....If it was my child and Jackson was really guilty... 7 million bucks just won't cut it. I would make sure his ass got what it deserved in prison. Makes me sick when people just say oh I'll take the money and forget that my little child was molested. I guess we'll never know the truth but the outcome but to me this proves his innocence now.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by I See You]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This seems confusing.

Settlements can certainly be reached in civil cases, but I'm doubtful that it applies to criminal cases. I think this boy will still have his day in court.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Nope, he's still going up on charges, though they seem to feel he might flee the country. Don't know if he's guilty or not, but he certainly hasn't done anything to help his cause. Shoulda stopped the slumber parties after the last incident.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It's true that M.Jackson settled a court case for $7 million, but it's not related to the alleged molestation charges.

JACKSON SETTLES DISPUTE WITH CONCERT PROMOTER

Michael Jackson has quietly agreed to pay $7 million to end a longstanding court battle over two major concerts he backed out of.

www.inreview.com...

new topics

top topics

join