It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your strangest or most surreal stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Just curious as to other members strange or surreal stories from real life.

One day when I was 8 during tropical Storm Fred, My Father had given me his over sized Umbrella, while walking to school a gust of maybe 70-80 mph (i'm guessing) of wind caught the umbrella and pulled me through the air all the way across the street...

Your turn

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Another time, also around the same age, I was staying at my Fathers partners house, My sister and I were given the guest bedroom. While trying to sleep I saw a light floating about in a Vase and it was annoying me...

So being curious I got out of bed and walked to it, the strange thing was it was a solid vase... I lifted the lid and the light vanished and I was hit in the face with something.

The next day I asked my Fathers partners wife what kind of light that was and she acted shocked and ran in the room to check, somewhat frantic she asked me over and over again if I really saw a light to which I responded yes...

She then looked at my Father and Mother and started to cry informing them it was her late husbands ashes in that vase.

true story...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Why would you get slapped?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
LOL I didn't mean HIT like slapped... it was the ashes that blew up when I opened the lid

That's funny though....

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
3 weeks ago I wrote of my motorbike in an accident.
It was my fault, long story short, I ended up with a sore shoulder and a sore leg.
The bike was totalled, and the car needed $3500 worth of repairs to replace the front end, bonnet and windshield.

The car hit me t-bone style on my left side.
imagine a person in a riding position, there legs on the stands.
the car impacted about half an inch behind my left leg/heal

had he of hit on my leg, I would have lost it from the knee down.

the force of the impact bent my bike like a letter L

Sure, its expensive, yes my shoulders sore but its getting better.

Well, last Thursday I was riding my push bike home saw a motorcycle zoom past on the road. figured nothing of it.

about 5-6 minutes later I came to an intersection.
Here's that same motorcyclist, flat on his back in the middle of the road
Taxi near by, front end smashed up, motorbike in pieces.
I sat and watched, he never regained consciousness while they were working on him. His right leg was bent 90 degress the wrong way at the knee. The ambulance staff loaded him up and screamed to a hospital.

It was then I looked at the accident scene, the accident was a mirror image of mine. Accept the taxi pulled out in front of the motorcyclist.

It dawned on me how close I came to being that poor rider.

made me sick!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Last year something very strange happened to me.I had already plugged my computer speakers into the power socket.I was just about to connect them to the computer when the local radio station was coming though the computer speakers.I could not believe it.My wife and granson heard the radio too and were vary surprised.I said what the hell is going on here.My head started to buzz strange and my hair was standing on end.It was at this point i had relised i was holding on to silver speaker plugs and relised that my body was acting as a radio receiver.This was very strange.My wife and granson tryed to hold the connection too but it never worked for them,only for me.I tryed again and the radio station was as clear as day.It was at this point i started to get a head ake.Afterward i had a nasty headake for twenty four hours.I would not reccommend anyone else to try this as the side effects are a nasty headake for twenty four hours.I talked about this to some people who know about radios and radio waves and they told me it should not have worked.The human body cannot become a radio receiver.But i told them it can for certain indeviduals who are different.They said ,so whats the difference.I'll keep that one to myself.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

I know of an electrical engineer that is immune to the 220-240 Volt 55 Hz electric distribution system at homes in Greece.
It seems that the human body is a bit more and above what science thinks and knows.
If this is true why not your example too. Will it still work if you try it out right now?
GTG

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Reminds me of something that happened to me when I was 19

First and Only Motorcycle...

Locked the clutch and took a spill over the handle bars at 120 mph....

Came off of it with zero injuries aside from road rash which was guardian angel style because I wasn't wearing a helmet

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

I've heard stories like this before... that's pretty cool actually... I'd like to better understand how that phenomena works

It would be decent to be able to tune in music sans the radio lol

Knowing my luck i'd get a fine from the FCC

[edit on 29-7-2009 by mopusvindictus]

new topics

top topics

join