It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman wedged to toilet bowl for a week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Woman wedged to toilet bowl for a week

www.independent.co.uk

An Australian woman was rescued after spending a week wedged between her toilet door and the bowl.

A Queensland state government spokesman said the 67-year-old was taken to hospital suffering from dehydration following her ordeal in the eastern city of Ipswich.

It ended on Sunday when firefighters removed the inward-opening toilet door from its hinges.

The woman was not seriously ill.

The woman, who has not been named, fell in the early hours of Sunday and somehow became trapped between the toilet bowl and the inward-opening door.

A neighbour heard her cries for help on Sunday m
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
BEWARE!!

Your home is a danger to you old folks!

I fear news stories such as these will convince old folks of euthanasia being more favourable after a certain age.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
That is sad! I am glad that someone finally heard her cries for help and answered them. Anymore, most people would be to afraid to get involved, not knowing what the situation was.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
....I fear news stories such as these will convince old folks of euthanasia being more favourable after a certain age.

Yeah it's really unfortunate. Work like a dog until you're 65 and half dead just so you can get government assistance for retirement, and almost get killed by a toilet bowl two years later.

It's a ripoff.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The Austrailian Government planted that assassin toilet in her house because they are tired of paying for her gov. assistance.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This reminds me of the time an elderly friend of mine shut herself in the cupboard under her stairs.

I don't know the name of them, but the outside handle was the sort you push up or down to open and close the door.

Anyway, she called her dog and begged and pleaded with him to open the door - and he did.

He was a lovely dog, a brindle and white Staffordshire Bull Terrier. I adopted him and had him for the last three years of his life.

(Perhaps I shouldn't mention here the times he pulled her over and caused her serious injury)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Yhea I've always noticed that most houses with a seperate toilet from the bath room are little more than the width of the door frame and there is very little space... I get drunk and invited to different peoples houses... I've fallen off various toilets before

Any way all these doors open inwards, I suppose it's so that you don't really need to worry if you forget to use the latch.

A good idea would be as the occupants get older and/or less mobile they could get the door reversed so that it opens outwards, not hard or expensive in most cases... You never know, could save a s'n-word' filled eulogy!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

There should be danger warnings attached to toilets

A few yrs back, I was working with homeless peeps.
I was on duty one night, and a woman came running onto the street outside, very distressed.
One of the neighbours.
Her partner had collapsed on the loo--I think it was a nut allergy.
I just can't imagine a worse way to exit this life, than being on a loo at the time.
If its true, and the soul leaves the body on death, OMG you'd be looking down at yourself on the toilet---aaaaaargh !!!

top topics

join