It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gates in plea to Israel for 'patience' over Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Gates in plea to Israel for 'patience' over Iran

www.independent.co.uk

US fears Israel may take military action over Iran's nuclear programme

The United States has once more urged Israel to remain patient as it attempts to reignite fizzled diplomatic contacts with Iran over its nuclear enrichment programme while indicating that the window for Tehran to respond would not remain open for ever.

The message, which betrays renewed anxiety in Washington that Israel may be tempted to take military action, was carried to Jerusalem yesterday by the US Defence Secretary, Robert Gates, who held talks on regional security with his counterpart Ehud Barak and the Israel
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Another piece of evidence to show that the US have lost control over Israel.

Israel will just alienate themselves altogether if they go ahead with airstrikes. The situation in Iran is delicate, and all Iranian's will despise Israel if they go ahead with this. It doesn't mean Iranian's will go back in favour of the regime in large numbers, but some will. But it does mean we will find it hard to distinguish between those Iranian's that hate the regime from those that don't.... as they'll all hate us as US & UK will be drawn into the fighting as well.

From our point of view it will be "death to the West" from all Iranian's or at first "please stop bombing us" for a short while but that won't last. Why give the regime this opportunity.... they would love Israel to bomb them. It gives them their legitimacy back in the eyes of their own people.

Nobody with an ounce of common sense would do that!

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
All of the Middle East, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and many Americans will hate Israel for this and Obama does not like Israel. I just hope I can get into oil and natural gas before they bomb them if they do so I can profit some way.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
All of the Middle East, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and many Americans will hate Israel for this and Obama does not like Israel. I just hope I can get into oil and natural gas before they bomb them if they do so I can profit some way.

Israel will be committing suicide with this...

.... I wonder how people on here will react. They'll have something concrete to attack Israel about.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The writing is on the wall and the U.S and other countries are in full Panic.

…..A unilateral attack by Israel against Iran to thwart the Islamic republic's nuclear ambitions would be an "absolute catastrophe," AFP quoted French President Nicolas Sarkozy as warning on Thursday.

Sarkozy was speaking after a summit of the Group of Eight and other leaders in Italy at which they agreed on the need to pursue a negotiated deal with Tehran to halt its nuclear program.

Earlier this week, U.S. President Barack Obama rebuffed suggestions that Washington had given Israel a green light to attack Iran's nuclear facilities. Israel believes that a nuclear Iran would pose an existential threat.

The French president said Wednesday that major powers in the G8 would give negotiations with Iran a chance until September

Full story: www.haaretz.com...

They now trying to buy Iran time by giving them until September. That’s how close this war is. But is Israel going to abide by the G8 clock? I’m not too sure on that one.

The problem with Israel waiting is that they are giving away the “Surprise advantage” if you can call it that.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Join the club i'm also trying to get into oil. Its not easy when you don't have money growing on tree's. I know that when the first rocket fly's the oil price is going to hit $150-$200 a Bbl

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait

Join the club i'm also trying to get into oil. Its not easy when you don't have money growing on tree's. I know that when the first rocket fly's the oil price is going to hit $150-$200 a Bbl

Buy USO or something. You don't need that much money.

I can't see Israel attacking Iran anytime soon, it would be total political suicide for them...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

Isn't that why they do this #? Just one big ass game, played over and over and over. And still hundreds of years later. The game still works. Mankind appears to be, just a bunch of dumb #s.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is one instant I don’t think is a game. Not this one. This is life or death for Israel. Can you imagine a Suicide bomber in a few years from now with a nuke. Not only Israel being a target but the U.S as well. Bad news.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

U.S.O Shares –well I was more talking about actually buying a well. Not shares. USO have a 52 week high of $103.00 –its currently at around $35.00 so if it goes back up to that high you would triple your money.

I think Gold and Oil are good bets until the end of the year. Gold for the long run. Oil in the event of war.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Isn't it so bizarre that a country as powerful as the US is begging this tiny punk country not to do something and not just threatening, intimidating, or bullying like we always do? Did we give them better weapons than our own military? What is the difference with israel, why don't we just cut ties if they attack and let them get blown up by Russia and China and be done with this garbage?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You know since we have all those aircraft carriers and military bases and troops over there I say we put them to good use and go in...not to Iran...into Israel!

Lets take out their nuclear sites (they do have ICBMs aimed at the U.S.) smash there airforce and end the siege on Gaza, roll them back to their pre-1946 borders where they were supposed to have been all these years, kick every dual Israeli, U.S. Citizen out of the American Government and end all aide to Israel, and then arm and fund the Palestinians.

That would make for some nice low oil prices, return our government to the actual American Citizens and end our supposed Islamic Terrorism problem over night that nary a soul since 9-11 has actually been charged, tried or convicted in an American court of law.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Israel will be committing suicide with this...

.... I wonder how people on here will react. They'll have something concrete to attack Israel about.

They can't F%&* with a real Army, especially one backed by Russia/China like israel is backed by us.

Think if Russia and China come out and name Israel a terror state for the attack, give the Arab nations a green light and ask Barak what side he's on...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
You know since we have all those aircraft carriers and military bases and troops over there I say we put them to good use and go in...not to Iran...into Israel!

Lets take out their nuclear sites (they do have ICBMs aimed at the U.S.) smash there airforce and end the siege on Gaza, roll them back to their pre-1946 borders where they were supposed to have been all these years, kick every dual Israeli, U.S. Citizen out of the American Government and end all aide to Israel, and then arm and fund the Palestinians.

That would make for some nice low oil prices, return our government to the actual American Citizens and end our supposed Islamic Terrorism problem over night that nary a soul since 9-11 has actually been charged, tried or convicted in an American court of law.

Wow, could you imagine the front page photos of GI's breaking down the Gaza wall letting peolple out.

It would be just like the WWII photos, but the israeli's are on the other side this time...

[edit on 28-7-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
Not only Israel being a target but the U.S as well. Bad news.

The "you gotta protect us to save yourselves" argument.

That died years ago.

Supporting the terrorist state of israel is most of the reason they hate us!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Heres a novel idea.How about Iran abiding by UN resolutions and stop threatening to aninilate Israel.Also if Israel was going to nuke Iran wouldnt they have done so by now?The Israeli public are frightend by the idea of a iranian bomb and will demand a military strike.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Why give the regime this opportunity.... they would love Israel to bomb them. It gives them their legitimacy back in the eyes of their own people.

Nobody wants to be bombed, that's ridiculous. Israel already bombed an Iranian nuclear facility like 20 years ago, that's what they want to do again. Let me stress, these guys dont want to be bombed.

There is no reason these people should be kept in the dark ages, having to rely on fossil fuel for all eternity. If you hadn't noticed, we're kinda in a world oil crisis at the moment, that's the only reason there are American boots on foriegn soil at the moment. America really doesn't give a toss about anyone except themselves. If they did, they would have been over in Sudan and Dafur and a whole list of other places that really honestly needs American intervention.

Iran needs nuclear power, and America and Israel are denying Iran that, out of either a) paranoia and hypocrisy, that Iran might be developing nukes. Or b) anti-muslimism. Hey if the Jews get a special hate phrase, why not muslims?

If they're developing nuclear power, so what? we cant dictate what forms of power a country has lmao. We're in an energy crisis, how can we tell ANYONE that they cant have nuclear power?

And with our current thousands of nukes, star wars program, and ground missile shield systems, how can we realistically complain about anyone going nuclear either?

This whole mess with Iran is born out of ignorance, arrogance, hypocrisy and racism.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

You know I would not only love to see that, but see our Country return to the days when we were actually liberators and not just oppressors killing innocent men, women and children and destroying their property and lives like the Israelis do.

Our values really used to mean something to us, enough to not just live by them in good times and hard times, but to extend them to friend and foe alike.

How did we loose our way and loose sight of equality and justice for all, seperation of church and state, and not being a colonial power or empire.

I really can't believe we have become like this, cowered by fear in our own country, in our own airports in our own buildings, treated with suspicion, spied on all the time, living in this atmosphere where we are all suddenly weak and afraid and full of prejudice and blind hate for different cultures and people and that we need an oppressive all powerful government to protect us.

I blame the Israeli mindset, and the dual citizens and intelligence agencies and the misquided choosing sides foreign policy that brought it all to pass.

I am old enough to remember a far different America and I sure do miss it.

Ending Israel's reign of terror on us and Europe and the Middle East is what we need to do to get this nation back on track and run by Americans, for Americans with American Ideals and not Zionist ones.

I really do believe that, and I really hope one day enough people wake up to the reality that Israel's refusal to make peace and profit off of war is what created the terrorist problem for the United States.

They just keep making problems for us, and we just keep letting them.

Our forefathers would be ashamed to see their dream of a free and independent, fair minded, justice for all oriented nation having slipped to this base lowest common denominator where we act worse than our so called enemies to show them how much better we are.

What a shame, what a shame.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Israel is a threat to middle east security just as much as Iran is. The whole region is garbage but unfortunately they have the oil and the status quo requires oil to be the primary fuel.

If Israel attacks Irans facilities Iran has said they will attack Israels nuke facilities so that is how these children play punch for punch.

You cant blame Israel for wanting to prevent Iran from building nukes, the Islamic republic is a cruel and backwards regime that has an elevated stance because of the Persian peoples intelligence levels.

Jews Muslims Christians they are all the same morons who cause problems for the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
Heres a novel idea.How about Iran abiding by UN resolutions

LOL

You might want to have your buddy israel start abiding by them first!

Lets not forget israel also got their nuclear power secretly and illegally, something President Kennedy spoke out against often trying to prevent it...

Quite hypocritical, but then again, what can we expect from a terror state.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by breakingdradles]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join