It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Hacker-US Intelligence agencies have ET craft that run on clean, pollution free energy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I'm pretty surprised at how many people are backing this guy up. Granted his intentions were claimed not to be malicious, he was still breaching American security, which is NOT okay by ANY measure. The information he was chasing is obviously not at all relevant to the information he (could have) had access too. That is why this is problematic.

It is never okay to hack into governmental systems just because you're trying to reveal information you feel should be public knowledge. Unfortunately.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

I couldn’t agree more. It isn’t about whether he was a “real hacker” or not, and it wasn’t about what information he did or did not see, it is about the act he did. Whether or not he is a real hacker, the act he committed is very real. If you want to pretend to be a hacker, you will be treated as a hacker. You do the crime you do the time.

In the end, I do believe that they are trying to make an example of this individual, unfortunately it could take a complete 180 on what their plans actually are. Instead of deterring hackers, the real hackers might start coming out of the woodwork and start showing what a hacker with actual knowledge can do, what damage they can cause, what top secret government files they can get into and make public (even though most likely these files would not be stored on a public accessible network, some hackers do end up on the inside of companies, most wouldn’t go rouge do to possible jail time, but you never know), etc., which could be very bad. This is a worse case scenario and I hope this is not what comes about, but only time will tell. Then again I may have seen the movie “hackers” a little too much over the years . . . . .

[edit on 8/4/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

May be a bit off-topic in regards to the OP, but in response to your post: I wouldn't be at all surprised if many of these top level hackers ended up working for the government once their 'skills' have been revealed.

I have no evidence to support these claims (other than hearsay that has been circulating for years), but I'm completely able to put myself in THEIR shoes. Afterall, it's a known fact that the top anti-virus companies have been hiring top notch virii programmers for years. They basically pay people to try and "beat" their security, in order of improving their capabilities.

Why would hacking be any different? Why prosecute skilled criminal hackers, when you can use them to your advantage? Thoughts?

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

Unfortunately the ones who help with these systems are not the mischievous ones, the ones who are in it for the thrill. You have the hackers who break into systems just to prove they can and then you have the hackers who also create viruses and once they hack, will plant the viruses for no other reason than to sit back and see how much havoc they have caused. Usually these are the younger hackers IMHO, the ones who have just learned about it and want to test the waters and prove that they have the skills. These ones are the most dangerous and these are the ones that I believe they are targeting with making an example of the UK “hacker”.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Right on point, I agree with everything you've stated, though I'm not necessarily talking about the ones who 'help with the systems.' I'm talking more about the secretive sects, who can use malicious hacking for benefit. Along the lines of CIA and FBI in America. I guess I shouldn't have specified 'government' as most of these groups try to remain 'out' of said government.

I'm pretty sure they'd all love to get their hands on anybody with the capability of breaching the security of the American military and/or government. I can assure that it's incredibly difficult to do so.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

I would think most good hackers would stay away from government systems, in fear that if they get caught they would be presented with the ultimatum of jail time or working for the government, then again some might do it hoping to get that ultimatum, never can determine the mindset of the real hacker . . . . .

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
reply to post by Strype

I would think most good hackers would stay away from government systems, in fear that if they get caught they would be presented with the ultimatum of jail time or working for the government, then again some might do it hoping to get that ultimatum, never can determine the mindset of the real hacker . . . . .

Off the record here, I've been using the internet as we know it since 1996 before that i was using bbs(i can tell you that the hackers i've met over the years do proceed to hack into government resources/networks, but they have never really given me enough information due to being so disclosed about such dealings... the underworld is such a cool place

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I was a network administrator for 7 years from 1994-2001 for two different corporations. From that point in time the government computers security in the US was pretty flawed. The technology for redundancy and security at the time the UK hacker (Cracker is really the technical term) broke in to those government computers was low/ nonexistent.

The internet did not have the regulations and restrictions it has in place now, and for a time – we the people actually controlled part of something.
The security exploits and flaws from the dates the “Cracker” was active denotes large security holes in every type of server OS; UNIX, NT 4, Novell – you name it, there were constant holes that were never patched up. How do you think SPAM mail could never get traced? Redirection from the original account by using a “zombie” server to redirect the IP and host.

It was only a matter of time before the mass experiment was over and control was assumed. Everything you and I do these days is monitored electronically and stored for future reference.

I say good for the UK guy who busted in to the computers, and if there is even the slightest chance he is telling the truth – don’t you think we should support him?

Seriously, most people who “hack” or “Crack” a government computer are slapped on the hands – it never gets to this… I bet the only other hacker people have heard of is Mitnick.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype

It is never okay to hack into governmental systems just because you're trying to reveal information you feel should be public knowledge. Unfortunately.

Cheers,
Strype

Ok, so if our government is actively involved in slavery, or even genocide and they have it up on their systems and the only way to reviel it is through hacking - you would rather condone slavery and genocide?

The problem is - people still have the mentality of "TRUST" in their government. Our GOVERNMENTS LIE to us...

Some people just like to be in messy relationships I guess.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by amyfriend
reply to post by awakeningaussie

what does the french revolution have to do with this???
his struggle for free energy from ET alien craft??

kinda weird revolutionay as well,,,this is between US and a british citizen,,,isnt it???

he was being stupid multiple times and got caught...

its been 7 years now,,,,if they dropped the charges I could care less,,,

and as for the "How Dare I",,,,this is my opinion,,,,
lighten up,,,!!!

if obviously think hacking into multiple govt agencies is cool and allright,,,?
(due to he is on a revolution??)

Im not handing him a death sentence,,,he should do 90-120 days at least....
thats pretty nice,,,huh???

[edit on 28-7-2009 by amyfriend]

[edit on 28-7-2009 by amyfriend]

You are on this site yet do not think that hacking into the gov computers is alright? I think more people should hack into all these computers, we might finally get some truth out. This guy scared the americans somewhat now they want to make an example of him.

I respect what he did though.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Its one thing to hold advanced technology its another thing to fully understand how it works.You may be able to understand some aspects of advanced technology but trying to copy it is another thing.The Americans are still scraching there heads in the dark on some projects.Computer hackers are always trying to hack into some computer systems around the world somewhere.Some are caught and convicted.Some are employed by the goverment to teach them how they did it and to counter-hack into foreigen computers like the chinese or north korean goverments.The americans really employ some smart computer trained people but now and then someone may come along who is smarter than them.Of course the goverment would like to employ people like that.The chinese would too.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hermantinkly
I for one believe he is telling the truth. Poor guy. Facing charges for being a supposed "criminal," when the REAL criminals are actually the ones charging him. Hopeully the extraterrestrials will release him when they land in a few years. Haha.

A few years is too late according to this guy. His blogs are kinda out there but they do make a lot of sense. www.myspace.com/abstractopinions

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join