It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea using disabled children to test chemical and biological weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The article:

Pyongyang is testing its “biological and chemical weapons” on “humans, specifically mentally or physically handicapped children,” a former officer in the North Korean military who defected to South Korea is quoted as saying on the al-Jazeera website. In the interview the defector said that Pyongyang has estimated stockpile of more than 5,000 tonnes of biochemical weaponry, including mustard gas, nerve agents such as sarin, anthrax and cholera.

Im Chun-yong is a former captain in the North Korean military who fled in 1999 with a number of soldiers. He swam across the half frozen Tumen River into China. During their escape he and his men battled their way out, chased by dozens of members of other commando units. “I myself killed three men,” he told al-Jazeera.

He now lives in South Korea and devotes his time to gathering intelligence about the North's military capabilities

"If you are born mentally or physically deficient,” Im said, “the government says your best contribution to society . . . is as a guinea pig for biological and chemical weapons testing.”

www.asianews.it...

The interview:

This has been confirmed by a retired UN official:

Some have detailed how inmates were shipped from various concentration camps to so-called chemical “factories”, including one just a few kilometres north of the capital, Pyongyang, this according to Kim Sang-hun, a retired UN official. "Human experimentation is a widespread practice," he said.
(same source)

Don't know what else to say really ...

The North Korean government is infamous for the deplorable treatment of its citizen but this one really makes one's stomach churn.

What to do?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That's really no surprise to me at all.

And like the video says if they have that level of human testing then it stands to reason that the chem/bio weapons programs would of developed a lot - after all some of those technologies can be very basic and they are well understood.

They may not be as advanced as most of the world, but they don't need state of the art labs - we all know they have delivers mechanisms. I think a first strike from NK would consist of heavy artillery and missiles - and a large number of them will be carrying those types of payloads.

The south is in danger - Japan could be OK given they have a bit more time to react - but the sheer volume of things that will be fired will be massive, some may get through.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

What to do? There in lies the crux of the matter... If the civilized world does something about it, we're the evil wannabe masters of the world picking on a soveriegn nation for some nefarious reason.

If we don't do something thousands, if not more, are doomed to die if not from mistreatment at the hands of their own rulers, but by slow starvation and deprivation...

As cold as it sounds, and it is...

The North Korean people have to change it themselves. No reason we can't help them do it, but we can not, and should not, do it for them. They'd just be trading one bad master for another, who while not so bad as the previous, is still a master. They have to want it enough to fight for it.

At some point though, something has to happen. We can't harp about human rights, and not be willing to do something about it. We stepped in, along with Europe, to stop the Balkans holocaust...how is North Korea any different?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I requested further information from Amnesty as they have done a resent report on Nth Korea.
Following is their repsonse and report.

report2009.amnesty.org...

Amnesty International has not heard of this happening in North Korea or witnessed it whilst doing our research on this country. I have attached the section on North Korea that appeared in our 2009 Annual Report:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I'm not surprised either. Asian nations have a much cheaper view of life than westerners do, they basically invented modern germ warfare going back to the days of Genghis Khan. It never ceases to amaze me that the US engages against any country in Africa, Asia or the Middle East and wonders why the troops are so cold blooded and bent on bloodshed rather than victory.

The fact is, no country will finance any kind of weapons or biowarfare program without testing it, and the only ways to do that are to test it on the battlefield, on prisoners and asylum patients, their own troops or their own civilians.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Mmm, check out what it is that they are testing on disabled children:

www.nti.org...

www.nti.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What makes my stomach churn is knowing our own government does this to our children! Flouride/Vaccines/insect vectors etc.etc.....

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There is no end as to the ugglyness some people want to turn into this world. A world that was originaly simple, healthy, nice and safe as well as harmonic.
Balance is long gonne and what are we left with? HOPELESSNESS.........

This is gross whichever way you approach it...

S&F for bringing it up although adding another kilo of dissapointment to me...

When is the suffering going to end? Must we go extinct before coming to reason and to terms that we need to live in harmony in all aspects of life?

A WORLD THAT HAS NO SPACE FOR THE MANY
DOES NOT HAVE SPACE FOR THE FEW EITHER...

All i can do for the time being is do my part for the best and pray.
Do that to and we might have one chance alltogether or .........

[edit on 28/7/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thing is how on earth would anyone go about doing anything to stop that short of a full out war?

No way they will listen to 'UN sanctions', they are almost self sustained and any way that would take decades to even make a dent.

Inspectors? Chea right.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Makes you wonder why the US isnt attacking the North Korean's...

We are the world police, remember.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
What makes my stomach churn is knowing our own government does this to our children! Flouride/Vaccines/insect vectors etc.etc.....

Uhhh those are nothing compared to what is claimed to be tested in NK.

* Bacillus anthracis (anthrax)
* Clostridium botulinum (produces botulinum toxin that causes botulism)
* Mycobacterium tuberculosis (tuberculosis)
* Rickettsia prowazekii (typhus)
* Salmonella typhi (typhoid)
* Vibrio cholerae 01 (cholera)
* Yersinia pestis (plague)
* Korean hemorrhagic fever virus (hemorrhagic fever)
* Variola major (smallpox)
* Yellow fever virus (yellow fever)

There is absolutely no way you can compare.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Wow, the hypocracy on this thread is unbelievable.

Take a look around the world. The US Military is bombing and spreading DU around the Middle East... Destroying lives!

Your government dropped Agent Orange in Vietnam. You test vaccines and drugs on children, the military etc.

Your government gives legal immunity to the companies that test. Need I go on?

I am in no way supporting the DPRK but please don't consider yourselves the "Good Guys".

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

...and who pray helped allow this to happen? Hmmm? don't go all self righteous, my freind. There's a share of the blame on the plate for you, too.

North Korea is a bad place to be right now. Not because of the people, but because of a particular, and peculiar, little man who thinks, no knows, he's a personification of God on Earth.

That something must be done is, I would say, self evident. But what? A war, either conventional or, heaven forbid, nuclear will destroy a country that really doesn't need that sort of issue. So what?

Assassination? Forbidden by executive order here in the states. President Ford, I believe... But?

Would that be a workable solution, as opposed to a war that would in all liklihood destroy North Korea, and maybe a good portion of South Korea and Japan?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

...and who pray helped allow this to happen? Hmmm? don't go all self righteous, my freind. There's a share of the blame on the plate for you, too.

Please explain, I don't understand what you are saying. I live in Vietnam. How should I share the blame?

North Korea is a bad place to be right now. Not because of the people, but because of a particular, and peculiar, little man who thinks, no knows, he's a personification of God on Earth.

Yes, the DPRK is a bad place to be right now but it will be worse in winter -- Lack of electricity and food. Where will the people get their food from? Where will they get heating and cooking gas? There are sanctions against the country. How will they get the basics?

That something must be done is, I would say, self evident. But what? A war, either conventional or, heaven forbid, nuclear will destroy a country that really doesn't need that sort of issue. So what?

I would start by trying to build trust then investing in the infrastructure.

Assassination? Forbidden by executive order here in the states. President Ford, I believe... But?

Would that be a workable solution, as opposed to a war that would in all liklihood destroy North Korea, and maybe a good portion of South Korea and Japan?

This is why there will never be peace in the world. You can't change ideologies with the barrel of a gun.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Vietnam? Cool. My assumption was you were from the US. My apologies. Obviously, my comment doesn't apply to you...

Sanction brought on by the actions of the rulers of that nation. Where will they get the basics? That's a very good question, wish I had the answer for you... The "Dear Leader" maybe needs to think about that issue, rather than launching missiles over Japan, eh?

Building trust is a wonderful idea. It really is. But... Trust has to work both ways, the west has trusted him to do certain things in exchange for lifting sanctions on certain items, and he's stabbed us in the back...each and every time. It's kind of hard to build trust that way.

This is why there will never be peace in the world. You can't change ideologies with the barrel of a gun.

As abhorant as assasination is, and it is, it beats a war that would certainly destroy a good portion of the DPRK, and in all liklihood, a lot of South Korea, too. It's an option, certainly not the best one, but an option nevertheless.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Just amazing how the "Blame America First" crowd couldn't contain themselves.

This thread is about the attrocities being committed by North Koreans, but certain people hate to criticize other countries, so they deflect blame to the US. Unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Lil kimmy will answer for his hatred and non belief in the almighty
He is a living demon I feel so bad for the who rre under his controll FIRE/CLEANZ ceng to his lil self.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Differing viewpoints can go along way towards solving these sorts of problems. Even the "blame America" opinions, which I like no more than you...

This problem comes down to "Dear Leader". He must be removed, preferably by peaceful means; but violently if neccessary...

Yes, I know it's easy to advocate this sitting behind this computer screen. But I can't help but think about the North Korean people suffering under this meglomanical despot.

But this sentiment comes with a caveat...

The North Koreans have to do the lions share, we can help, but we can't do it for them. Ultimately, it's up to them.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Dog like wisdom with search not working today then?

Different source but same story put in thread by Mofreemason back on the 24th.

NK tests weapons on children

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

At the risk of stealing SDogs thunder...

Separate threads are allowed if one is in BAN (breaking alternative news), and the other in another ATS forum. So nothing wrong here...

There is only one way this issue with North Korea is going to end...in tears and blood. The only thing to really discuss is how to minimize both.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join