It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec 21, 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
There needs to be a Mayan & 2012 forum.

I don't dismiss this date, or rather, the end of a mayan great cycle, as just another doomsday date. However, I also don't think Earth is going to implode nor do I think time is going to suddenly stop (not that I believe in "time").

I believe the Mayans felt something significant occurs at the end of a great cycle. I give much credibility to their culture because of the relatively advanced astronomy they had; so I share their interest. Now did they pull this date, or rather, the idea of a great cycle out of their a$$? Maybe. There is substantial amount of evidence though suggesting they based the long count calendar on celestial events. It just so happens 2012 is the precession of the equinoxes; which is a celestial event that repeats (works in cycles).

Check out this thread from Alias Jones. It goes into more detail on what I am referring to:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some related info:

www.experiencefestival.com...

[edit on 013131p://11u35 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Or it could have been that the Mayans were simply very adept astronomers for their time.

www.levity.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr No One
Funny, there are posts on this site which say that time-travel is immpossible past 2012 and that "gifted" people cannot see a future past 2012. In the interview with Gordon-Michael Scallion he claims that 2012 is the year the Earth will complete a geo-physical poel shift. I wonder if there is some etheric connection or if the real truth of it all is someone once said 2012 was the end of the Mayan calender and now everyone is throwing their 2 cents as to what that means.

One source says that knowledge will spread forth. People will know about "psi", "ufo's" etc. I don't know, i believe that more, but that's a super super really big if.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zoso
general opinions? is this a taboo subject, proven to be a fantasy money-maker for the mystical sick? what of this date is real? what does it mean to you? what will fall out of the sky?

If your really intrested then I'll help you out.
First, the Earth will never ever get destroyed.
Second, life on Earth for those critters known as humans will drastically change..

Forget about the Bible for a moment. The reason why 2012 is such an intresting date is because there are many other sources talking about 2012. My favorite one is the writtings of the Mayas, Aztecs, Incas, Olmecs, Toltecs, who all say "the gods" will come back to earth from the sky in the year 2012. Actually their calender is different, but when the dates are translated to our western calender, it points to the year 2012 on our calender.

Read "When Time Began" by Zecharia Sitchen for more details. In that book he goes into graphic detail about the civilizations I mentioned. And their calender, which modern scientists call the "Longcount Calender".

Next, you have the NY Times, March 16, 2004 issue, on the front page, taking about how a new planet has appered in our solar system. All other planets move in a rough circle or oval, around our sun. This new planet is moving in a straight line traveling to our planet Earth. Guess what year its due to arrive?

[edit on 13-3-2005 by OpenSecret2012]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ok, so far we know that various ideas of what might happen are "the end of the world": possibly the end of the world not, but the end of the world as we know it meaning there is going to be some type of change, others believe it will be just simply the end of the world period. Then theres aliens showing themselves to the human race and giving us information about everything we dont currently know (or that we suspect but dont know for sure). Also, there is the pole shift, time warp and others i fail to remember.

The reasons to these ideas seems to always come down to the mayan calendar! We (humans) are seeking an answer to their "unusual" ending of such (the calendar). What this seems to prove is that we can only guess/speculate/hypothesize and that nothing is proof/for sure.

All that i've said so far
is a review: now something from myself personaly, i ask that those who dont believe any of it or parts of it to please not judge those who are seeking the answer :T as so many people are judgefull.

Now i continue with the conclusion of this post, The only true thing we can do, is wait to see what does happen! I think it shall be rather curious and exciting for us all to see who's right, wrong and if anyone is at all!

P.S. (something from myself again) i personally have my own personal belief as to what is going to happen, but i know theres at least a 50% chance im wrong and so i take everything with a grain of salt.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
the mayan and many other acient civilizations speak of a planet called Nibiru or Murduk. It has an oliptical orbit around the sun.Takes 3600 years to make one revolution around the sun.We were genetically hybrid from the neandertals to do the labor of the Niambrians.Mining gold in the nile valley to somehow sistain the atmosphere on there planet.Thats why we have such a fatiation with gold today.When the planet comes by I'ts gravitational pull on our planet will cause pollshifts.Land masses will rise and fall.Thats where Atlantis went.The planet is know visible in the morning sky. Thats why we're experiencing wierd weather.It is only going to get worse as the planet gets closer.All sounds like crap,but i hate to say It's true. The bible refers to this planet as WORMWOOD.The great terror king from the sky.After the climate change,the KNO.Will go into effect.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I have no doubt... and I am the return of Jesus Christ... by the way, we like Gold because it is a very rare metal, and very pretty... we aren't the only animal on the planet Earth that is attracted to Gold either! Research, research... don't speculate and throw out brain-dead ideas... We don't like rocks because they are everywhere! Rare things are more expensive... and more eye catching.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
2012 the Z08 Corvette will come out

but seriously, as far as i can tell anyone who has any dates is FULL of it
no humans with modern technology have been around long enough to say "this happens ever blah blah years", sure they can look at the ground, in the core, but its all THEORY about what happened thousands of years ago.. becuase there is no proof, and myself i dont feel like having faith in DOOM lol

the World will end whenever the comet we dont see slams into us before we have a chance to react, remember only 10% of our sky is being watched at any one point in time, ...

and of course religion says Satan will rise and kill us, not city sized comets, cuz that just wouldnt make any sense

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You know those mayan people kinda sorta died out so maybe thats why they just quit doing dates in 2012. and also this sounds sorta like "omg! the end of the worlds gonna be in the year 2000 omg omg omg!" there were people makin such a huge big deal about it and guess what?! nothin happened! its gonna be the same with 2012. It's been the same at the beginning of almost every century, and a bunch of other dates. Seventh-Day Adventists (no offense to anyone that is one of course) back in the 1800s predicted the end like 3 times, gathered on top of a mountain and waited for nothin. It's the same with 2012. the mayans just happened to quit doin dates, and everyone's gonna freak out for nuthin!

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm not really well read into teh subject, although I know ther are numerous theories on what is going to happen. Aliens, Angels, revelations, etc..etc. The only thing that looks the be promising is the magnetic pole shift. So far the magnetic poles have been moving every year bit by bit.Perhaps the reason the day was picked as that day is that at that point the poles switch. What does that entell for us? Well some say the pole shift will cause a new set of physics to come into play. Some say it will change the level of conciousness of humanity. Though I am not expecting anything grand, has humanity ever expeirence a pole shift on the earth? Is the possible reason so many civilizations have just "up " and disappeared?
Whatever the case may be the information is out there to look at. til then I guess life goes on.

As with all link, this is not scientific proof. Just theories of various different individuals.

-Aza

Edgar cayce ( supposedly scientific theory of shifts not a reading )

Earth Changes

NASA says sun does a flip

[edit on 21-2-2006 by Azathoth]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
oh yeah another thing, the mayans kinda sorta ya know went extinct so maybe they had just completed 2012 when they started to die off or somethin. i dont remember hearin anything about a planet headin straight for the sun, besides hows that possible? what's his face's one physics law (learned it in high school sometime) says that the rotation around the sun is ecliptical. so its not like possible to have an orbit thats like a straight line i dont think. but yeah

1800s: aaah world's gonna end......nope, still here

1988: aaah world's gonna end......still here

2000: aaah world's gonna end.......nope yet again still here

2012: aaah world's gonna end........i seriously doubt it, and if it does, i'll be sure to get a front row seat

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I checking out my calendar and it ends on December 31, 2006. I guess that means the world will end then.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
better not speak to loudly, half the population will be in underground bunkers by july

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennKen2009
better not speak to loudly, half the population will be in underground bunkers by july

I will be at a higher elevation at least, and hopefully not on top of an active volcano.

[edit on 032828p://22u54 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zoso
general opinions? is this a taboo subject, proven to be a fantasy money-maker for the mystical sick? what of this date is real? what does it mean to you? what will fall out of the sky?

If i remember correct, it is scientificly proven that on the 21st day of December 2012, all the planets plus the sun and moon will align in the centre of the galaxy.

I dont know how it will affect Earth, maybe the gravity of the surroundings affects us, or maybe it will trigger our DNA so it will restore to the original 12 strings instead of the 2 we have now..im not an expert on these things but i do know about the alignment on that day, scientists have said and proven it.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Look on the bright side

If the world does end on that day you wont have to bother doing any christmas shopping.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by ZUFFI]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
2012 is the date of the last measurement of the vibration level of the consciousness on the planet. It has been measured every 25 years (historically the average amount of time for a person to grow up and have children) with the last one being in 1987.

Now what happened was that in 1962 the level of this vibration was found to be higher than expected, and the subsequent measurement in 1987 was found to be substantially higher than expected. This was when the 11:11 gateway that many people refer to occured (also harmonic convergence) when permission was given for humanity to usher in a new age of enlightenment because of the work we had done prior to this in raising the vibration level of the planet.

So humanity was on course for doom and gloom and the end of the world was going to be 2012 but it will not be any more because humanity has lifted its vibration and therefore changed its destiny.

Now what you have to remember is that all prophecies given to you in the past WERE CORRECT AT THE TIME WRITTEN but they are not true now. The Mayans and Nostradamas and others were all correct because they were looking ahead down the railway track and saw what was ahead, but what has happened is that we are now on a different railway track and nobody could have predicted that we would jump tracks but we did. This makes nobody wrong and everybody safe - can you all see that.

In any case if all these old prophecies were still true (ie same railway track) then you would all probably be dead already because both Nostradamas and the Hopi indians predicted a major meteor impact for the mid 90s. It came close but narrowly missed the earth in April 1996 - reason being because humanity has changed its destiny.

Here is the asteroid you missed:
www.hohmanntransfer.com...

Celebrate you have all changed your destiny into something brighter.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This post is over a year old.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZUFFI
In any case if all these old prophecies were still true (ie same railway track) then you would all probably be dead already because both Nostradamas and the Hopi indians predicted a major meteor impact for the mid 90s. It came close but narrowly missed the earth in April 1996 - reason being because humanity has changed its destiny.

Could you please provide links to Nostradamus and the Hopi prophecies you're referring to? As far as I know, Nostradamus predicted the end of the world somewhere in the late 3rd millenium and the Hopi's never predicted any asteroids or meteors. The one you linked to missed us by a quarter million miles.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
there's a really good book to check out called "the mayan prophecies" .
and as stated earlier in this thread, it is about sun cycles and 'change'.
it's a very fascinating read and not just "lore of old". the mayan calendar ends dec. 2012, and from what i remember reading is "change" is to be expected. no end of world scenario, etc.

it's a great read with a boat-load of hard science about the sun cycles.
check it out.
-b

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join