It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope jealous of Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The pope is jealous of Islam's intimidating effects on European society.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Apparently, in England people were disrespecting the Bible in the name of "art". . .

The pope claims that no one has the guts to do this to the Muslim Koran.

It's true. Everyone in England has bowed-down to Islam. Expect Sharia Law over all of England within 5 years. Islam is the anti-christ.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
He's not 'jealous' of Islam. He's just stating a fact.
People would be up in arms if the same thing were done to the Quran.
People don't respect the bible. It's 'in fad' to disrespect it.

That's not jealousy. (I have no idea how you came to that conclusion)
It's just a fact.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I really don't know why the Pope drags in the Koran in to the issue. The artwork was by an artist reflecting on his personal life and faith or lack of faith. For this individual to do this with another religion's holy book would be just abusive.

Mind you, the best analogy the Pope could have used is the Jewish Torah. Desecrating for the sake of art or whatever reason would render the individual with the designation of anti-Semite and in prison.

[edit on 063131p://pm3139 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
They were not disrespecting the bible, they were writing obscenities in the bible in the name of art.

I don't think that the Pope was jealous.

I think that he was pointing out the obvious.

The "artist' don't have the balls to deface the Koran because they know that there would be repercussions.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
To the O/P, the Art Show is not takng place in England, it is taking place in Scotland.

The pope is not jealous of Islam, he is offended that an artist is using the bible for visitors to leave offensive comments on thepages of the bible.

Total difference from you Opening statement. And to say that the wholeof england has succumbed to Sharia Law is misleading.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Laurauk well said and factually correct comment. I am going to give you a star and a

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Lets be serious, his not )elous he is stating a fact. Look at what happens if you make a cartoon on some "supposed" prophet, or insult a "supposed" God, the muslim world would be up in flames, rioting, calling for death to the infedels, the artist who did it has death threats on them. Where-as if this happened to the bible, or God, or the virgin mary, or )esus, no one would care and these despicable characters can get away with it. These double standards will have to end soon.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fapython

Actually your facts are slightly off base. Those cartoons were published by Flemming Rose, a jobbing newspaper editor from Denmark. He is also Jewish and has close links with American neocons and the Strausian movement. Flemming published the cartoon lampooning the prophet Mohammed several times earlier but was largely ignored by the Muslim community. Finally he announced, through the Jyllands-Posten, a competition inviting contributors and cartoonists to send in their mocking expressions of Islam. During this period, many Muslims and activist wrote to the paper and authorities to put a stop to the incitement. The response from Rose and the paper flitted between the freedoms of speech, expression and art.

The subsequent series of cartoon publications correlated with the latest news announcements of deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan. Consequently, hot heads descended onto the streets demonstrating sometimes violently.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It's pretty simple, really. I desecrate the Bible, the Pope tells me I'm a bad boy. I desecrate a Koran, some knucklehead slits my throat, slaughters me like a goat. If you're in a desecrating kind of mood, which book are you going to use?

This doesn't say much about the Pope. It speaks volumes about Islam, however.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It takes no balls at all to do desacration to the symbols of Christianity so why they do it??? because it has nothing to do with art.
Some psychological issues from the childchood probably, mixed with the desperate lust for popularity...the so called "artists" will never get it otherwise...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ZenOnKwalsky

Do you not find it bizzare, that it was actually Christians themselves, whom have caused this controversey in the first place. Do we actually know, the bible they used was a catholice version off the bible or a prodestant version of it?

No we do not, so how can One man who is at the head of a corrupt Religion, criticise those, who are christians themselves.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I doubt that he's "jelous" of Islam, just because he's angry that people would especially disrespect the bible... I mean as a pope, he's obviously a really RELIGIOUS christian, who loves Christ, so why the hell would he be jelous of another religon?? Besides, speaking from facts, if people defaced the Karaun... I think they's live in the fear of getting bombed by muslim suicide-bombers. Also, since the Karaun is usually covered in cloth and as rule often kept on a top-shelf, it does make it seem more sacred than a bible.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I read the article, and it seems that the whole idea of the 'exhibition' was for gays to 'write themselves back into the bible'.

Because Christian religion (fundamentally) doesn't accept gays, the 'artist' wanted gays and lesbians to write in the bible so that they were included.

It was the choice of some of these people to write obscenities.

I can understand the Pope being a little upset about the bible being defaced, but lets face it... man has changed what was originally written in the bible more than once throughout history.
Why not create some new additions?

Anyway, I think the point is that although Christian fundamentalists frown upon homosexuality, its not like Islamic extremists!!

You get decapitated for stuff like that by those guys!

[edit on 29/7/09 by axehappy]

new topics

top topics

join